“Very nice weeks rest.”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Lovely hotel. Very luxurious reception & the rooms were very spacious.
Everywhere very clean & the staff were friendly. Only disappointment was the food & drink. Food much the same every night & the drinks were "hit & miss" depending on which bar you were in.
Did enjoy the holiday though & had a nice rest which was exactly what we wanted.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie G

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We're a young family with two children under two. Finding holidays to suit is difficult. In a nutshell for those of you wondering if it's suitable for kids - yes it is. We had two cots in our family room, there were two kids pools - one with a small slide which my son loved. Their are high chairs a plenty and for slightly older kids an area to sit/eat in the family restaurant away from the parents if you so wish! I counted three (identical) play parks on the site and there are independent shops there where I bought nappies when we ran out.

The main thing to say about this hotel is that it's MASSIVE. The site can take 10 mins to get from one end to another. This isn't a bad thing, but make sure you're happy to be on foot. Crutches, poor mobility not recommended. Suitable for prams and wheelchairs though, very flat. Note: ask for a ground floor room if you have the above, we were on the first floor so ended up having to carry the two kids and all our stuff up and down the stairs each day.

Multiple bars and places to eat - food is good and none of us got the dreaded tummy bug - so I'd say they were hygienic also.

Beers and wines nice, and cocktails available too.

Wifi in the lobby and it reached some of the pool area too. However - if you want to be on Facebook, twitter, iMessage etc in your room, on the beach etc look no further than a company called Sinai Safari adventures. They offered a wifi dongle for £20 for the week, it was excellent - British couple, friendly and a brilliant, hassle free way to access the internet all week.

The beach is nice, not quite soft sand but immaculately kept with sunbeds and shade. If you fancy a camel ride, you can do so on the beach. I found the seller to be annoyingly aggressive, but I told him how much I was willing onto spend, and he accepted. Issue over. Rest assured though, there aren't multiple 'sellers' on the site - security is good and you can relax in peace.

In the main, the staff were friendly, but less so than I imagined for a five star. Their English is places was poor and I struggled to get a few things sorted. But I'm in Egypt - so that's my issue I suppose, I don't speak Egyptian!

No issues with sun bed reserving and towels for the pool/beach were provided each day using a token system.

Room nice, great shower, flip flops/robes in room, fridge also. Free safe.

In summary, it was a good hotel, I would stay again, and it's suitable for families of all ages. C26 degrees at the end of Jan.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chipleader84
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was our third visit to this fantastic hotel, we have been to Sharm El Sheikh 6 times now, but the Jaz Mirabel Beach stands out above the others we have stayed in.
If you are looking for a hotel that gives you a great first impression, the feeling of space throughout even when busy, nice restaurants,good food and especially great courteous and helpful staff, then this is it.
From the minute you arrive to the moment you leave, all of the staff are looking to ensure your stay is as you expect it, from the cleaners and gardeners through to the management team who are always on hand to help with queries or discuss your views on what they can improve.
As you will read in other reviews, the timing of the Egyptian mid term break does mean that there are a lot of families there with young children at this time.As you would expect there is a therefore a lot of focus around the heated pool, but the resort is large enough to have many tranquil areas to relax in. I will say that taking the time to chat with some of them was really enlightening,talking to a six year old and her family,all speaking perfect English was a treat, listening and learning about their lives.
For us one of the key areas that helps this hotel stand out are the staff, all looking to make you feel special and that your expectations are met.
Some special mentions,Khalid Ahmed on reception ( he cannot do enough for you), in the adult restaurant ,Lobna who meets and greets you and number one waiter Hossam. In the pool bars Mimi and Santos( Las Palmas) & Abdelstar and Mohammed (Blue bar) and of course Tamer and the team of pool boys. Chef Ahmed Abdel El Wahed is always on hand to ensure your requirements are met in the restaurant, if you want something and it is not there he will arrange it for you if at all possible. His hand made chocolate is to die for!!
As always everyone has different views and tastes, but the many good reviews of this hotel tell you everything you need to know, it is a truly a great place to stay.
We are returning again in June

If it will be your first trip to Egypt expect to be hassled when you shop, a positive no thank is often the minimum you require, have a walk around the shops within the hotel and the shops opposite to prepare foe Namma Bay, these guys are truly professional hasslers to the extent of being a pain.

2  Thank gailandnick
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a week at this Hotel. Never been to Egypt before. If this Hotel and it's staff represent what Egypt has to offer then I truly recommend it to everyone. Stunning Hotel, very large complex with all pools being very clean, grounds kept immaculate by gardeners, Our room was bigger than the flat we live in and was spotless. Staff are all excellent right down to the young boy who sweeps around the snack/beach bars. Reception staff excellent right down to organising a tray of food to our room when my husband felt unwell. Also I must mention our Thompson rep "ISRAA" he was so helpful and friendly and nothing was to much for him to cope with, an asset to Thompsons. So a very Big Thank You to everyone who made our first stay so memorable for us..Our only moan is the pillows are like bricks on the bed did cause a sleep problem for us. We hope to see you all again. We are not youngsters but were made to feel young at heart. xx

3  Thank trina c
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Visited this hotel for 10 days recently. Been to Sharm before, but stayed elsewhere. On arrival at hotel, I thought the reception area was quite stunning, it had an atmosphere of luxury. the check-in procedure was quite painless and we were soon transported to our room. The room was a large, comfy family room with, surprisingly, complementary soft drinks for our arrival and tea & coffee facilities. There was a lack of drawer space, but as there was only my wife and I, we managed to overcome this slight problem, but families may have some difficulties. The room was clean so we have no complaints, but probably could have been washed/mopped more frequently. This is a large complex, but did not seem overcrowded, with plenty of sun beds and shade for those that need it. The public areas are very clean and various recycle bins in use. There are two main restaurants, one for families and the other for adults only, an agreeable bonus for me and something I've not come across before. Although a buffet restaurant, the food was of a very good standard and of good selection. There are also three a la carte restaurants, an asian, an italian and middle eastern. We only ate in two, the middle eastern and the asian, again the food was of good quality and tasty with corresponding atmosphere. All members of staff that we came into contact with were friendly, helpful and always smiling. This hotel deserves the excellent and five star rating, highly recommended. We would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank DJD52
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Just a short review, what a lovely hotel everything from the cleanrs, the barstaff, the reception staff are all brilliant and they all make you feel like royalty.
Only one down side are the shops in the hotel, which are not owned by the hotel are a real rip off, so be aware,they must think we are all filthy rich,example £12 for a 20 pack of paracetamol and a 30 pack of brufen,

Room Tip: try to get a room with a pool view.