“Wonderful winter escape”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We are currently at this hotel and wanted to share our view as I can not believe people have given it any negative comments. The hotel is immaculately clean outside all restaurants you will find sanitiser hand wash which most people use before entering. The staff are very friendly everyone seems to make their own favorites and yes you know they hope to get tipped at end of holiday but so would I expect it if I worked tirelessly 7days a week smiling and talking to the guests. I do think some drinks may be watered down but there are endless amounts just drink more if getting tipsy is what you want out of your holiday, personally I'm happy to drink less alcohol.
Presently weather fantastic haven't seen a cloud all week, not many flies and no mozzies yet!
We ate in the Asian restaurant which was excellent quality and have booked again for final night despite having to pay as second visit. I felt the buffet food was different every night. We also took a taxi to soho square one evening which I recommend, taxi waits for you and you pay on return £20round trip, it's a gated evening entertainment area and shops where they are not allowed to hassle you which is great for souvenirs. We booked a tour before we went with sharm excursions which was great, quad biking and stargazing with camel ride if you fancy!! Again would recommend you get out a little and see desert at sunset beautiful. Too be honest my husband and friends were very unsure of this destination but we have all had a fabulous time and you know weather guaranteed which isn't always case in canaries, please try it I know you won't be disappointed. It beats the rain back home.
Top tips, bring sterling as they prefer especially £1 coins for tips which they are very grateful for.
If you go into desert on trip please take a bad of sweets for the kids as we did get hassled to buy their bracelets at one stop, they are very poor and sweets would go down well.
Don't use beauty salon at hotel wasn't great.
Enjoy holiday as it's better than rain at home!

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the left looking out to sea pool view as you will get sun on verandah.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TJWtraveller
Write a ReviewReviews (6,785)

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Having just come back from Sharm I was very happy with the choice I made in staying at the Jaz Mirabel Beach; the main thing that stood out for me were the spacious open areas & sun terraces that the hotel has ... there was certainly no shortage of places to find & laze about whilst soaking up the sun, whether by a pool or near the bars.
During this time of year (Jan) 2 of the pools were heated which was nice as the 2 unheated pools were freezing even though the temperature was in the mid 80's.
The hotel has 2 main self service restaurants, one of which was for adults only .. it also has 3 specialty restaurants ( I can recommend the Asian). The food was very nice & well cooked, the variety wasn't as much as other hotels I have stayed in but the quality was good; the staff were very attentive & friendly.
Our family room for 3 was large & clean .. It is pot luck whether your balcony gets the sun, ours didn't but we were not worried about it.
There is a large wooden pontoon from the hotels beach which goes out about 200 yards into the sea to do some snorkling from; however it was under repair when we were there but you could still use it.
All in All I had no complaints & would be happy to return to this hotel next time I go to Sharm.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank delboy99
Reviewed 10 February 2014

What I really loved about this hotel was the service. Check in was smooth and fast, transferred to our room on a golf buggy with our luggage. Polite, friendly and generally very pleasant staff on reception, in the bars and restaurants and around the pool. Staff would always stop to say hello, how are you etc.

The room was fantastic; we had a family room which was perfect with a sliding door in between the main bedroom and the sofa beds. Mini bar, lovely bathroom, chairs on the balcony. Safe box in the wardrobe. Decent sized TV with a fair amount of channels in english (including a movie channel). Very well cleaned every day.

The food was a very high standard considering it was buffet style. We enjoyed every meal we had. There is a pool snack bar where you can get freshly made pizzas or burgers, but what we really enjoyed was the greek salad. Delicious!! The a la carte restaurants were bookable on arrival - one included per visit. We went to the asian restaurant and quite honeslty I would have happily paid £100 for the food and service we recieved that evening.

The grounds are very well maintained and it has its own private area of gorgeous beach. The jetty, as has been mentioned lots of times, remains closed. One of the security guards told us its a planning issue, which would make sense because its actually on an area of beach outside of the hotel grounds. Anyway, as many others have done we climbed through the barrier and used the jetty anyway!

The drinks were also of a good standard. Bottled premium brand soft drinks, delicious coffee and even the alcoholic drinks were good. The lager was very enjoyable as was the wine. The spirits left a lot to be desired but I was expecting this so took a bottle of duty free vodka from the plane (£12).

Overall, a fantastic week away, with gorgeous weather, lovely restaurants and bars and perfect rooms/grounds. What more can you ask for?

3  Thank Sazzy1980
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Best hotel in sharm we have stayed in. Spoken to others who have been there and after our trip I can see why there are so many repeat customers. Friendly and attentive staff who saw to your every needs. Food choice was varied, the speciality restaurants worth a visit. Separate adults only dinning room to which dress code was applied, long trousers only for the men.
we visited between 26/1/14 and 5/2/14. this period as we found out coincides with Egyptian holidays and the hotel was very busy during this time so if you are looking a bit of quiet relaxation best to avoid this period.
one question needs answering, why is the jetty not finished?.

Room Tip: a bit of a walk to dinning areas if your room is down towards beach. south facing overlooking pools...
2  Thank parobbie
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Lovely hotel. Very luxurious reception & the rooms were very spacious.
Everywhere very clean & the staff were friendly. Only disappointment was the food & drink. Food much the same every night & the drinks were "hit & miss" depending on which bar you were in.
Did enjoy the holiday though & had a nice rest which was exactly what we wanted.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We're a young family with two children under two. Finding holidays to suit is difficult. In a nutshell for those of you wondering if it's suitable for kids - yes it is. We had two cots in our family room, there were two kids pools - one with a small slide which my son loved. Their are high chairs a plenty and for slightly older kids an area to sit/eat in the family restaurant away from the parents if you so wish! I counted three (identical) play parks on the site and there are independent shops there where I bought nappies when we ran out.

The main thing to say about this hotel is that it's MASSIVE. The site can take 10 mins to get from one end to another. This isn't a bad thing, but make sure you're happy to be on foot. Crutches, poor mobility not recommended. Suitable for prams and wheelchairs though, very flat. Note: ask for a ground floor room if you have the above, we were on the first floor so ended up having to carry the two kids and all our stuff up and down the stairs each day.

Multiple bars and places to eat - food is good and none of us got the dreaded tummy bug - so I'd say they were hygienic also.

Beers and wines nice, and cocktails available too.

Wifi in the lobby and it reached some of the pool area too. However - if you want to be on Facebook, twitter, iMessage etc in your room, on the beach etc look no further than a company called Sinai Safari adventures. They offered a wifi dongle for £20 for the week, it was excellent - British couple, friendly and a brilliant, hassle free way to access the internet all week.

The beach is nice, not quite soft sand but immaculately kept with sunbeds and shade. If you fancy a camel ride, you can do so on the beach. I found the seller to be annoyingly aggressive, but I told him how much I was willing onto spend, and he accepted. Issue over. Rest assured though, there aren't multiple 'sellers' on the site - security is good and you can relax in peace.

In the main, the staff were friendly, but less so than I imagined for a five star. Their English is places was poor and I struggled to get a few things sorted. But I'm in Egypt - so that's my issue I suppose, I don't speak Egyptian!

No issues with sun bed reserving and towels for the pool/beach were provided each day using a token system.

Room nice, great shower, flip flops/robes in room, fridge also. Free safe.

In summary, it was a good hotel, I would stay again, and it's suitable for families of all ages. C26 degrees at the end of Jan.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chipleader84
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was our third visit to this fantastic hotel, we have been to Sharm El Sheikh 6 times now, but the Jaz Mirabel Beach stands out above the others we have stayed in.
If you are looking for a hotel that gives you a great first impression, the feeling of space throughout even when busy, nice restaurants,good food and especially great courteous and helpful staff, then this is it.
From the minute you arrive to the moment you leave, all of the staff are looking to ensure your stay is as you expect it, from the cleaners and gardeners through to the management team who are always on hand to help with queries or discuss your views on what they can improve.
As you will read in other reviews, the timing of the Egyptian mid term break does mean that there are a lot of families there with young children at this time.As you would expect there is a therefore a lot of focus around the heated pool, but the resort is large enough to have many tranquil areas to relax in. I will say that taking the time to chat with some of them was really enlightening,talking to a six year old and her family,all speaking perfect English was a treat, listening and learning about their lives.
For us one of the key areas that helps this hotel stand out are the staff, all looking to make you feel special and that your expectations are met.
Some special mentions,Khalid Ahmed on reception ( he cannot do enough for you), in the adult restaurant ,Lobna who meets and greets you and number one waiter Hossam. In the pool bars Mimi and Santos( Las Palmas) & Abdelstar and Mohammed (Blue bar) and of course Tamer and the team of pool boys. Chef Ahmed Abdel El Wahed is always on hand to ensure your requirements are met in the restaurant, if you want something and it is not there he will arrange it for you if at all possible. His hand made chocolate is to die for!!
As always everyone has different views and tastes, but the many good reviews of this hotel tell you everything you need to know, it is a truly a great place to stay.
We are returning again in June

If it will be your first trip to Egypt expect to be hassled when you shop, a positive no thank is often the minimum you require, have a walk around the shops within the hotel and the shops opposite to prepare foe Namma Bay, these guys are truly professional hasslers to the extent of being a pain.

2  Thank gailandnick
Parrotel Beach Resort
Parrotel Beach Resort
#7 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!