“Fresh review 10/5/14”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Holiday finishes tomorrow....overall this hotel is everything and more as the staff bend over backwards to be friendly. For the month of May it has been way too hot up to 100 degrees some days, sheriff was fantastic on the beach and bar staff worked hard, restaurant food was only 7/10 as the food was better quality last year. We had trouble with our room key not working on several occasions, very frustrating to have to go back to reception each time. Plenty of Mosquitos this time of year, good swimming pools and entertainment for the ones that wanted it. Visited magic life twice also so on par with both hotels, being same.
Quite good. Fresh towels daily, lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for GF to put towels out early from your patio
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JILLYDALTON999
There are newer reviews for Jaz Mirabel Beach

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Fantastic holiday equal to our best holiday, everything from service to room standards were perfect and to a very high standard. Staff could not do enough for you. We will definitely be returning there. We would like to thank Ahmed from the restaurant and Sherif from the beach bar for making our holiday one to remember.

Chris and Sarah Cookson room

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Whoa!, where do I start?
This was my first holiday without my parents and I went with my boyfriend. I'll start with booking. We booked with Thomson and we were asked to select a few requests which we may get (but wasn't a definite) we chose double bed, pool view and anniversary (reps idea)
When we got there we were taken to our room on a golf buggy (I found this fun in itself!) when we got there we were shown into our room and our bags brought in. The man (Mohammed) then checked to see we were okay and left.

I must admit one thing I was worried about was giving TIPS. From reading on here that staff treat you badly I didn't know what to expect. Throughout my entire holiday not one member of staff expected anything from us. They couldn't do enough for you. We did tip the cleaner at the end of the week though. Beautiful towel was left every few days for us :)

FOOD
The meals were set at breakfast lunch and dinner times. There was a good selection of foods to choose from so there is something for everyone. There are also a few snack bars open around the times of 12-5 ish. These were our god send! As tea wasn't until 7 ish we were able to come here when we were peckish. They served pizzas, hotdogs, sandwiches, salads and more. Waiters always welcomed you in and found you a table, they would then offer you a drink whilst you go choose what you want to eat.
Ooh! If you get alcoholic drinks beware they may be strong! I think they use more spirit so you get drunk faster and don't need as many haha. I'm not really a drinker so I wasn't affected but my boyfriend was overwhelmed a couple of times, especially from the pool bars!!

Cleanliness
Hotel was perfectly clean, our rooms were made up perfectly daily with fresh sheets and towels each time. Could not fault any part of the hotel on this. There were also hand sanitiser pumps around the food areas too.

SPA
we didn't go for a massage or spa treatment but the staff would come round and ask if you were interested, they were very polite and accepted if you didn't want to, they simply wished you a good day. On our last day we used the spa showers before going to the airport as we didn't leave till 7 ish and checked out of our room at 12.

ANIMATION TEAM
These were lovely people, all remembered our names and were easy to talk to. Each activity throughout the day they would walk around and ask if you would like to join. They played a good selection of music in the day to just chill to by the pool too. We won "best couple" competition and they made us a CD which was nice.

ROOMS
I don't know if this is just me being easily pleased but I found the room amazing. We had a top floor end room with a double bed, walk in shower, balcony (large) and pool view. The room was set up lovely with a tray of tea, coffee, soft drinks and apples for us to enjoy (included). The mini bar wasn't included but there was a nice selection of drinks too.

Location
The location was quite good, we were about 20 minute drive from Naama Bay. There were some nearby shops to walk to if you wished and also there is a market on site. There are quite a few locals who hang around outside, mainly taxi drivers. They were all friendly enough too. We had to wait outside the main gate to get picked up for excursions so we ended up getting to know one of them.

SLEEP
sleeping was fine, the first night was horrendous but that was our own fault I guess. We didn't change the air con to a bit warmer and also didn't shut the thick curtains so we woke up freezing and blinded!! After that we got to terms with the air con and were fine. Nice and peaceful.

EXCURSIONS
I know not all people will do these but here's some info on ours if you are interested :)
We booked 3 excursions throughout our week. I booked them on wwww.sharmexcursions.com They were all booked and a deposit paid for before we went. The day after we got there we were given a time and place to meet the rep to give the rest of our money and receive the vouchers. This was outside the main gate (he said they don't come in as some people accuse them of forcing people into excursions, I don't know how though as he only picks up). We were a bit nervous of this so we stuck to he gate, the rep came over with a clipboard and said "Shelby and Jamie?" This gave us comfort as he expected us so we went to the mini bus. There we exchanged money and got the vouchers with pickup times and what we will need to go on them (passports etc)

Swimming with dolphins - this was amazing, was the most expensive but worth it for a once in a lifetime trip. We were picked up on time and taken to the Dolphina, there were other tourists on the bus when we got picked up so that gave us comfort. The time was amazing the dolphins were so gentle and we had a good half hour with them. We bought pictures after and was returned back.

Snorkelling trip by boat to Tiran Island - this was also brilliant. For 30 pounds each we were picked up at 8am and didn't get back till 5 ish. We were taken to Naama Bay where we got on our boat. These boats are quite big and there was lots of tourists. Drinks and a buffet was provided and we sailed out to the hotspots. We stopped 3 times each lasting about an hour to an hour and a half. You could try diving if you wished and there was also snorkelling equipment to rent if you didn't bring your own. The sights under water were breath taking! Literally as I couldn't control my breathing when I first got in! Once I calmed down I was okay, the instructor showed us where to go and also told us what we were looking for. If you didn't want to snorkel you could just chill and sunbathe on the boat.

Camel ride, Bedouin tea and star gazing - this trip was my most concerned one. As it is a desert trip and Thomson told us not to go on any desert trips once we arrived. Unfortunately ours were already booked so we were going! They advised against it as were not insured but I don't think I was insured anyway as I hadn't booked with them. We were picked up by a lovely outgoing tour guide who gave us lots of info on his religion and the trip! We learnt all about the 4 wife's rules haha. When we arrived there was about 20 camels all waiting. We got on a camel and were lead into the desert BY CHILDREN for about 20 minutes. The children were young looking around 5 years old and took us to their camp. When we got there they did ask for tips but accepted if you said no. We tipped the boy who lead our camels. When we get there we were given a tour of their tents and then told about their life. We made bread and also hiked up a mountain (this was said to be why Thomson don't insure as they wouldn't cover falls) we were given things to look out for on the mountain as the sun went down. We then went back to camp for our tea, this was made for us and was rather tasty. We then sat and watched a tannoura dance show, fire dancer and music. We were meant to star gaze but it was cloudy so we couldn't, this wasn't their fault so nobody complained. The rep did however tell us what we would have been able to see then showed us pictures of the moon on this phone which was taken through the telescope!

The trips were well planed and presented. If we go in future we would like to go to Cairo. We didn't as we were advised against it but many tourists said they had been and felt completely safe.

Sharm is a beautiful place and we stayed in a lovely resort, perfect for families, couples and friends. Maybe not friends if you want to go clubbing every night though!

Hope this helps I've had a good ramble but I had so much to say!!

11  Thank Shelby1xox
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Got back last night from a weeks holiday at Jaz Mirabel Beach, this is by far the best hotel I've stayed in yet and as many other reviews state would and will deffinately be returning asap.

On arrival the coach pulls up down a long driveway to a lit up (arrived at night) water fountain with the beach resort behind and the park resort to the right hand side. We were welcomed with a non-alcoholic juice drink/cocktail and told to fill in a form and hand it into reception to check in - simple. We were then took by golf buggy to our rooms, we could have easily walked as it wasn't far from the reception area, however the whole hotel has a pathway designed for the buggies weaving in out and around the hotel, so not having to walk even a small distance was a luxury.

We had a family room even though there was only the two of us on the top floor near the childrens playarea. The room was huge! As seen in the pictures the bathroom had a walk in shower, there was a set of sofas in the 'living room' area and a huge superking size bed as well as a lovely sized balcony looking out over the gardens and pool. We had two litre bottles of water and a bottle of coke and Fanta waiting for us, the water was replaced everyday if needed. We did have a problem with our aircon in the sense that it wasn't blowing out cold air only mildly warm air but once we told the cleaner it was fixed that same day and the room was as he described 'an ice box'.

There is a shopping area in the resort with the usual supermarket, pharmacy, clothes shop, souvenier shop etc. but a lot of these shops don't have priced items so if you're not up for haggling (or paying a top price) go to the bravo supermarket that has fixed prices.
The pharmacy is also expensive! I suffered with bad mosquito bites, on the third night we was sat out on the balcony and didn't even notice anything - the next morning had (no exaggeration) 21 bites on one calf and 17 on the other calf, at the time they weren't too big so didn't worry but then after a day they began to ooze and became very inflamed and itchy, at the pharmacy they used a 'freezing' spray before giving me a bottled liquid and a tube of cream, he squeezed the cream into the bottle of liquid and told me to rub it on a couple of times a day, he also gave me allergy tablets incase I had a reaction to the bites. All of this cost a whopping £25 260 Egyptian pounds but I was desperate. On the second to last day my partner got severe sunburn and I went back into the pharmacy to get a better aftersun for him and he insisted he gave me another bottle of lotion and a different tube of cream for my partner charging another £20 for that! I'm sure if you haggled they may go cheaper as it is a guess pricing that they use but as a young girl I'm too naïve and shy to barter with a 40 year old egyptain so just coughed up the money and left. In all fairness the lotions he gave us did help with soothing my legs and stopping the burning my partner was suffering with.

The pool area is huge there are 3 pools, one is used for water polo etc. and the one next to it is more of the family pool, there is music playing around that pool and the animation team doing the rounds. The other pool further down to the beach is much quieter. There are plenty of sunbeds however not all are a few steps distance from the pools so if you don't mind being set a bit back you shouldn't find a problem. When we first arrived the hotel was very quiet and we didn't need to worry about getting up early or exchanging our towel cards for them to put towels out, however towards the end of our holiday the hotel got much busier and some days when we had a lie in we found it easier to go down to the beach where there were plenty of free beds.

The beach was lovely and the sea was beautiful, there is a huge stretch of the sea which is shallow, only coming up to mid thigh, a lot of people just lay down in the water as there is only the faintest of waves coming up to the shaw, we did see people walking down the unfinished jetty but we didn't fancy the task of climbing over the gate. All areas of the pool and beach have bars near by and some serving pizza, burgers and salads from lunch until 5pm.

We had a massage on our first evening, the chocolate dream. My advice is to take what they tell you with a pinch of salt and haggle down their prices! We were told that we would go in the sauna, have chocolate massaged into us before being wrapped in that clingfilm stuff and then a massage when that was done, we were also told this would help us tan and we wouldn't need to worry about burning. The package was meant to be 900 something egyptain pounds so £90 each! I fancied a massage but was put off by the price so he did us a 'special deal' having both our chocolate massages for £100 so we gave in and agreed.... then he says "oh one more thing, you need to have another session before you go home". typical so when we protested he said he'd do us the 2 sessions for £150. When we got to the spa we went straight into a cold room, laid on a bed and had chocolate sauce rubbed on us we were then left with the lights dimmed down for 20 mins (unwrapped) we washed it off and then had a massage, which was very good and relaxing. When we went back on the day before our last session was due to cancel due to the sunburn and mosquito bitten legs they weren't happy and the guy who sold us the package tried to give us free scrubs etc. to fix the sunburn and then we could have the massage as normal the next day, we weren't interested so still cancelled and were given slightly rude treatment we said goodbye and thank you as we left but they completely blanked us and then never came round to speak to us after that. We did get refunded £40 which is better than nothing but I assume they were annoyed because they'd given us a discounted price and then we cancelled.

Onto the main thing that everyone worries about - the food.
We didn't htave a problem with the food and I'm a particularly fussy eater. It is typical all inclusive buffe food. There are two restaurants a family one and an adult only one, the adult only one is used for breakfast and lunch and then becomes adult only for tea, men do have to wear long trousers but we just changed afterwards as it was warm at night. The food typically was different meat dishes, rice dishes, potato dishes, vegetable dishes, fish dishes as well as a pasta station, chips and kebab area. There was a bbq outside a couple of times but we didn't eat there as we had enough choice inside. There were also plenty of deserts, salad and bread.
We did tip on our holiday as personally I believe they don't get paid half enough as they should for the amount of work they do. We tipped our waiter and we had a beer and a cocktail waiting on the table as we arrived as well as the drinks refilled without us asking. On the last two nights he had decorated the table with flowers and candles which was a nice touch and was very grateful for us 'looking after him'. The waiters were getting slower when clearing plates etc. as the hotel seemed to have got really busy over night but this was due to them trying to do everything at one time.

Evening entertainment was a section for kids disco and then up to date music playing and a quieter area next to the cocktail bar for lower key singers etc. we found it was nice to take a couple of cocktails back to the room and play cards on the balcony - personal preference.

There is a huge town near with a hardrock café tgi Fridays mcdonalds and plenty of shops but we didn't feel the need to travel there however if we went again to the hotel we may travel out there.

One thing we were confused about when reading reviews is some people said to tip with £1 coins others said not to bother... they take both, we tipped with Egyptian purely because we'd taken so much and didn't want to change it back, there were some staff such as the cleaner that asked if we could change English money so obviously they like English too. We payed for the massage and late check out in a mixture of English and egyptain so don't worry about that. there is an atm in the reception area that does egyptain money and one outside that we didn't use that apparently it does English money as well.

We were being picked up to come back at 6.20pm so could either check out at 12, 3 or 6 we payed £22 for check out at 3pm and then went and got something to eat and had some drinks before being picked up - the porter came to get our bags from the room at about 2.30pm and when we weren't ready came back 15 minutes later.

All in all it was a great holiday, we did have a couple of cloudy days and rain one evening but other than and the mosquito and sunburn it was our best holiday yet.
Will definatly return to this hotel as the staff couldn't do enough for you and it was a gorgeous resort!

Room Tip: Lots of garden areas so maybe a higher room might stop insects.
8  Thank Kayley S
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The landscaping is nice and rooms are ok but if you think you are getting all inclusive you are wrong. The food is inclusive (quality - think of free food and you won't be disappointed) however if on holiday you like a drink stock up at the duty free before you arrive - the cocktails are basically fruit juice, the beer is like shandy and the wine is like vinegar. I bought a drink at the paying bar as I couldn't take it anymore and it cost £18 - for one drink! It's a total rip off and in the middle of nowhere so you have nowhere else to go (Narm bay is 30 mins away by car).

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Tomb000
JazMirabelResort, General Manager at Jaz Mirabel Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing Jaz Mirabel Resort for your holiday. However, we are astonished about your review and some comments that we need to correct, in order to enlighten our future guest:
- The drinks that we provide in our hotel are the best quality of local products, therefore we are unable to agree about your comments about the drinks.
- The location of our resort is in Nabq, which is one of the most popular touristic centers of Sharm El Sheikh, where you can find plenty of entertainment and shopping facilities (including famous night clubs, fast food restaurants, shopping malls, supermarkets etc.). All of them are either just out of the hotel or very short walking distance. Finally the resort is not in the middle of nowhere and it is very well known in many countries especially in the UK; therefore we are not sure if you have stayed in our hotel or maybe somewhere else.
Meanwhile, our Public Relations and management team are always available to our guest, in order to assist them, if they have any concern during their stay; if you would have contacted to us, we wouldn't have spared any effort to make your holiday memorable, as all of our guests have had.

Thanks

Ibrahim Halil

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We chose this hotel as having visited the area several times before we had visited all the sites to see previously and just wanted to relax for two weeks. We booked a sea view room which was in a quiet area and furthest away from reception, the restaurants and evening entertainment. Lovely room but unfortunately you have little view of the sea due to the Palm trees lining the beach walkway. Room was above average size and very comfortable - cracking walk in shower (no bath). Food was excellent in all respects, loads of variety,excellently presented and served with a not bad red wine. Only real downside was the evening entertainment. Cuban trio very polished and professional but the duet were not up to standard. As we were here two weeks it became rather boring as no other entertainment other than the inhouse reps. The crowning glory are however the Staff who all exemplify themselves in making their guests feel so very much at home. They are real stars whether they be waiting on, bar and pool staff or cleaners. A real credit. On the downside,just the bombastic Russians!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PureDelights
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have just returned from our second holiday at the Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel and have to say that the standards and service were just as outstanding as they were last year.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who work very hard to make your holiday memorable and as comfortable as possible.

Our room was kept immaculately clean by Mohammed who also surprised us with some nifty towel art when we returned each evening. Rooms are replenished daily with bottled water, Coke and Fanta as well as coffee and tea. I should say that bottled water is available throughout the hotel at bars and restaurants so there is no need to buy any. The ice is also made from bottled water so you don't need to avoid having ice in your drinks.

We had breakfast and dinner in the Adults-only restaurant where we were met at the door each day by Lobna - the best ever meeter-and-greeter! Inside the restaurant Head Waiter Abdel was always around to show you to your seat and have a wee chat. All the waiters work very hard to make you happy and are very quick to remember your favourite drinks - nothing is too much trouble. Head Chef Ahmed is always a friendly presence in the restaurant, checking that everyone is happy with the food, explaining and discussing and always willing to make you something different. There is a huge choice of food, which is always being checked and replenished, and hygiene standards are excellent.

We ate at all three a la carte restaurants and enjoyed the food at all of them - thanks to Chef Mouamen who is also responsible for the catering at the snack and beach bars as well. The middle-eastern restaurant is perhaps lacking a bit of atmosphere, but that is the only small complaint. Again, the waiters could not do enough for you.

For lunch we ate either at the Reef Snack Bar near the beach - cheese toasties, pizzas, salads, burgers, hot-dogs - or at the new restaurant that had opened on the beach serving light snacks as well - baked potatoes, kebabs, chicken wings and beautiful pancakes. This was the only outside bar that served draught lager - for some reason all the rest served bottled drinks which weren't as cold and the lager was a different brand and not as good either. Thanks to Moustafa for having the lager waiting for us when he saw us coming.

We prefer the beach to the pool as there is always a slight breeze at the beach so spent all our days down there. Thanks to Sherif, Ahmed, Maged and Ibrahim for looking after us so well and providing some great banter.

There are a variety of indoor and outdoor bars, some of which provide entertainment, both for children and adults. We preferred the quieter Oriental Flair Bar where we were well looked after by Khaled, Mimi, Aziz and Aswani - thanks for the keeping the crisps and cocktails coming!

I only have 2 small negatives: the first being the lack of draught lager and soft drinks at the outside bars and the second the lack of free wi-fi. I know you don't go on holiday to be hooked up to the internet but in the present day and age the provision of free wi-fi is almost expected by the majority of travellers, and is perhaps something that management could look into.

So to sum up - another memorable and wonderful holiday. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone and will be back again next year.

3  Thank inchmeaders
#10 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Steigenberger Alcazar
Steigenberger Alcazar
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!