“Relaxing holiday”

Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Derby
“Relaxing holiday”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed in a ground floor garden view, two adults and two children. I can't complain about the room or location as we knew that having paid £5.5k for the same holiday at Sensatori we expected less in terms of entertainment and attention to detail. I believe that the hotel should be down graded so as to not give a false impression, but to be honest the holiday cost should give most people an indication of what to expect. Our overall experience was good, the food is varied, the staff in general are polite, however the mix of Brits v other nationalities is probably 30/70; this did show during breakfast and dinner, unfortunately certain people don't have manners and it meant that we were timing our visits to the restaurant to avoid the peak. The downsides were that there weren't enough sun beds around the pool so we had to take turns in reserving them at 6.30am, some we're doing this at 1am, however the beach was not an issue as there was plenty of space. Having spent a lot of my time snorkelling in Egypt it was a little disappointing to see that the jetty was incomplete, the walk from the beach to the reef along the jetty is about 500 metres, this applies to the neighbouring hotel where they charge $5 each. We did this on one occasion but found a way of climbing down to the unfinished jetty near to the reef, this is a little precarious but as long as you are with someone else it is reasonably safe but make sure you wear protective shoes as the coral is rough. It is well worth the effort as the views are amazing, especially near the ship wreck. A special mention should go to the pool bar staff, (Mimi, Islam & Romany). Would we go again, maybe.. But not for a few years...

Room Tip: Rooms over looking main pools on ground floor have nice lawns where children can play out in the eve...
6 Thank graham0571

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,283)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Frome, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Well like someone else has already said on here... I'm also not one to complain but I feel totally disappointed and ripped off. This is no way a Five Star Hotel. Food awful and not hot. Family restaurant is like a Butlins holiday camp, Room standard but not the cleanest. Make your own drinks in throw away cups, no service from any of the staff, unhelpful staff and miserable to say the least. If Your Face Fits and you go every year you clearly get treated differently. I have stayed in the Club Magic Life in Sharm previously and had a much better stay and was treated a whole lot better. My advice Don't bother! It's not worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank Tracey B
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

To start off with I'd like to say I have never complained in my life before, this resort however deserves some poor press.
Claims that this hotel is 5 stars are rubbish, it's more like 3 stars on a good day.

The food is, for the lack of a better word, stodgy. Unfortunately the cooks (don't deserve the title chef), have focused on quantity and not quality, a wide selection of various meals which are all either overcooked, stale, dry or tasteless. The restaurant itself was fine, but unless you have kids forget stepping foot in the family restaurant, airport canteens have more atmosphere than that place. Hold onto your plates as you eat, the drone waiters are programmed to take it unless you're actually clutching your cutlery.

The lack of health and safety is worrying. Meters away from my sun lounger appeared two extremely drunk girls collapsed on the grass. Fortunately two fellow guests were nurses and we all agreed to move them out of the sun and into shade, followed by moving one of them into the recovery position. No attempt had been made to help the girls by the eight staff members standing around, no such urgency was seen either. Even I know the recovery position and basic first aid, which was clearly lacking here. It took the best part of half an hour for the on-site medical assistance to arrive. The girls were rushed to hospital and I never saw them again.

Cleanliness was terrible. The room itself was fine, the bathroom however was a living Petri dish. Under the plug itself I found more hair than on Bob Marleys head. Worse yet was the used sanitary towels in the ladies public toilets left on the floor, no bins, no toilet paper. My girlfriend was disgusted. The mens weren't much better, they adopted the unsubtle stench of a car park stair well.

The good points? We had two waiters, one by the pool and one in the restaurant who were great. The a la cart restaurants were good too, if availability were greater we would have eaten there every night.

Don't go here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Matthew J
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just got back from another amazing holiday at Mirabel resort. The staff are without a doubt first class and can not do enough for you. Big thanks to Aboe, and Shaweky the chefs in the adult restaurant, also thanks to Romany for keeping us watered at the pool side. Also big thanks to Mohammed the towel man and our room cleaner (sorry didnt get your name).

This was our 4th stay at Mirabel and always great. Keep up the great work you will alway be no 1 for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mandy K
Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just back from jaz mirabel beach .had two weeks here and it was great went with my daughter son inlaw and ten year old grandaughter .from check in to departure our stay was great .at the pool mimi the waiter worked so hard served us all the time .our room was kept spotless by Ahmed he had towel displays every night they were lovely.main dining room what can I say food great plenty of choice .the staff saad manager alla and all of them were wonderful essam my favouret could not do enough for us wouldn't even let us bring our own tea he was fantastic I can not fault any as they were all so nice .we visited soho square it was good .and took our grandaughter on a glass bottom boat she loved it .if you want a relaxing holiday and treated good this is the place .we will certainly be back

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor as I can't manage stairs there are three levels
1 Thank Linda B
North Wales
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We came home on the 3rd of July after spending a fantastic 14 nights, it was such a relaxing holiday, the rooms were very clean and the towel art everyday was amazing, no problem getting 6loungers near the pool each morning, the pool bar staff were so good, coming round asking if you needed a drink we rarely needed to go to the bar, amazing cocktails made by Romany using Ice Lollies,
The adult only restaurant was our prefered place to eat but the men must wear full length trousers, the staff were very attentive, nothing was to much trouble lots of choice at all meal sittings, the chef even took the trouble to make me a fruit salad after he saw me picking the slices of fruit from the cake trays, if anyone had an upset stomach they would make you a special blend of tea, and the chef would prepare you a special light meal if you asked.
We ate at the Italian and Chinese Restaurants and they were really exceptional, the Chinese being slightly the better of the two,
the family restaurant served till quite late each evening, so even if you went n had a sleep after lazing in the sun, you could always get something to eat, The beach bars were also good for lunch but they had the same menu every day, Burgers, Pizza, Cheese n Tomato Toastie, Tuna Salad, all served with fries, and all very nice.
A visit to the Spa is a must, Steam Room, Sauna, n a large Jacuzi, the salt scrub and massage are just brilliant, and I went back a few days later for the chocolate massage my skin felt so good and the Massage was very relaxing.
evening time was much better than other hotels I have stayed in at Sharm, at the Jaz you could sit inside and relax, or sit outside on the terrace where live entertainment was provided, The Cuban Trio are Fantastic the chap on the violin is truly talented and the two girls have really good voices yes it's true they might repeat some of the songs each night but they interact with the guests, I was there with my neice n nephew who both have Down Syndrome and the Trio made their holiday, they took time to talk to them each evening they were performing, again the Bar Staff are just incredible they remember what everyone is drinking, and they never let our glasses go empty.
Kimo from the animation team was so friendly and encouraged my nephew to go and join in the water sports, the water aerobics were also very good, I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who is looking for a good value Holiday at a very nice Hotel, with attentive but not intrusive staff that will go out of their way to help you, nothing is too much trouble.
We went on the adult only VIP cruise that we booked at the hotel through our Thomson Rep, this seemed a little expensive, but it was very good and the boat was so nice with places to sit in the shade or beds to lie in the sun.
We were doubtful about going when we read some of the reviews but honestly we found nothing to be negative about, the saying goes you get what you pay for and we felt we got more than we had payed for. We would go back to the Jazz Mirabelle Beach without a seconds hesitation, and we hope to go back next year. thank you to all the staff who made it such a wonderful holiday, I can't really single out some staff because they are all just so pleasant and hard working.
The only negative and especially if you have teenage children, you have to pay for the Wi-Fi and it can work out rather expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Pool or Sea view.
3 Thank Shirl111
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic two week break at the Jaz Mirabel Beach hotel.

Rooms are modern and functional and the walk in shower on its own deserves a 5 start review :-)

Food was great in all the restaurants we went in. We most ate at the adult only buffet dining room and a big thanks needs to go to the team in there who were extremely friendly and helpful. I would like to give a shout out for Lobna and Hanni who were always on hand with a cheery smile despite working extremely long hours.

The pools were great too with loads of room for everybody. You could sit by the activity pool where they played music all day or have a more relaxing time at another pool. The music was brilliant, all British hits so it kept us entertained. Another big shout out should go to Jimmi who was one of the pool guys who again always had a smile on his face.

The pool bar and beach bar are fabulous and at certain times waiters will come round for drinks orders and bring them to your sun bed. At the beach bar you can sit and have a beer or a coffee and watch the kite surfers out on the sea doing their tricks. I marvelled at how they ever stayed on the board.

Night time entertainment is also great with competitions if you want to take part or a singer/group out on the terrace. Table service is fantastic and another shout out goes to George. To be honest during the world cup games I really don't know how the waiters managed to negotiate the extra chairs and children running around but they never lost their cool once and always managed to get you the right drink.

You can walk to the shops in Nabaq in around 10 to 15 minutes and the shopping centre is very good. There is also a Hard Rock Café, Starbucks etc. in Nabq along with lots of good bars such as Viva Bar and Bus Stop.

All in all a great hotel, fantastic people and a very relaxing but active holiday. I would definitely book to go there again.

6 Thank libbybeck
#9 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Steigenberger Alcazar
Steigenberger Alcazar
#3 of 32 in Nabq Bay

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!