“Not a Thomson Platinum or a 5 Star”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Jaz Mirabel Beach for a fortnight, the first week on our own and the second week with our daughter and her family. Thomson's advertise this as a Thomson Platinum Hotel and 5 Star, this is not a Platinum or a 5 Star unfortunately it is more a 3* plus, what lets it down is it's family restaurant which we used the week our daughter and her family arrived. The restaurant for families was more like a canteen albeit the food was exactly the same as served in the Adult Only restaurant, no complaints about the food apart from some repetitiveness, but the family restaurant really does need a make over asap, customers are paying the same as those with no children so why should they not receive the same type of service!! The pool area was very busy, but the team Osami and the pool boys and the bar staff did their best to help everyone, fortunately my husband likes to get up early so he always managed to save our sunbeds with shade. The staff in the Adult Only restaurant were superb, Abd El Hady, Lobna and Rabea (cheeky boy) always made us welcome, note to management you should change the seat covers regularly they were starting to look rather shabby. There are 4 Al A Carte restaurants around the hotel one is for Adults Only (The Moonlight) the others are Asian, Lebanese and Italian, on previous holidays we have stayed at resorts where you get one free Al La Carte a week but you can book a table and pay a small surcharge if you wish to use these restaurants more than once a week, the hotel should seriously consider doing this. Our hotel room was always clean and tidy (room 2350). I made a complaint whilst at the hotel about litter around the gardens especially those leading down to the pools, it was quite amusing to see the guy sent to clean up he seemed to be limited to only doing about 30 minutes worth of clearing up and then he disappeared!! I don't blame the staff for the drop in standards, their are not enough of them especially in high season, so the management should look at bringing in more staff at peak times if they want to regain there 5*.

Don't let my reviews put you off too much we had a great holiday, and this was our 3rd time to Sharm, shame that the Government has cut his funding to the area and Business's are pulling out, the areas around the hotels are already starting to look run down and this will put people off from travelling to this resort in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank AnitaMckinlay

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is my 5th time at Egypt and 1st time at this hotel. I would NEVER go back.

Stayed for a week from the 1st August as a couple. (we have 2 children and thank god they weren't with us)

This hotel is a 3* star plus at the maximum. If you have stayed at fantastic 5* plus all inclusive hotels then please stay away from here as you will be disappointed! If you want a decent, fun all inclusive hotel with fantastic food please go to Sunrise Royal Makadi in Hurghada!

BAD POINTS FIRST!
It is dirty! They use sewerage to water the tree's & plants through the evening, absolutely GROSS smell throughout the hotel grounds.
Not enough bar staff
NO entertainment throughout the day
Rooms need upgrading
Hotel grounds are need of repair
Poor waiter service if you are lucky to get it (waiters swear at you & think its funny)
Hotel filled with unruly Arab children (& adults!) that used the swimming pools as toilets so these were closed almost daily
If you need a sun bed in the shade (its 40degrees all day) then you had to pay the towel man daily
The family restaurant was disgusting
The pools were unmaintained and falling to bits.
Rude reception staff
Useless guest services lady (who was English)
Chairs and sun beds so old they fall through, a friend seriously hurt her back through this!
No snorkelling on the beach as the sea is so shallow you can walk half a mile and it still being at your ankles.
Small gym
Slippy surfaces everywhere, like a death trap!
Drinks at the pool bars are served in plastic small cups and if you pour one yourself from the dispenser you got an electric shock if you are wet... they weren't bothered either!
My nightmare: I got a henna tattoo by the Spa salon guy in the hairdressing shop, it has still not disappeared after 3 weeks of being home. I looked it up and he is using black illegal henna which is so dangerous and this is why he does not advertise it!! If it does not go I will sue!

Oh I could go on and on, I really could!

GOOD POINTS

Great if you want to feel ripped off for what you paid to stay there.
Great if you enjoy hundreds of Arabs celebrating ramadan and swimming in their excrement.
Great if you enjoy a hotel with no personality or entertainment.

The room service guy was fantastic, towel art was brilliant. Possibly the best staff member in the whole hotel! We tipped him every day.

The Beach was lovely.

The adult restaurant is the only place to dine in peace. Stay away from the family one at all costs.

Chinese Ala Carte was gorgeous, the Italian was awful.

The shops in the complex were great, good hagglers, good prices for lots of fakes. £15 for a fake MK handbag or £20 for a travel case is the best price we got them too.

The couple we met there... thank god for them as we had a great time all together even through the misery of this poor hotel!

Room Tip: High floor facing the pools! If you are on right hand side facing the next door hotel you can hear...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Clare-Will
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had a fantastic holiday because WE made it that way...
Met some lovely people too..
Hotel is not 5* (more 3.5)
POOLS... plenty to choose from but only one looked clean.
SUNBEDS...not enough and not enough shade.. same old problem of having to get up early to get one.. hate doing it but with a family of 6 with young children have to have at least 2 beds as a base..
FOOD.. no problems the usual all inclusive choices. Although queue for plates was huge..we had a great waiter who was good even prior to being tipped so were lucky and pleased.(Mohammed).
ROOM...Fab size but tired looking..
GENERAL...
On arrival the 3rd bed in each of our rooms was not
made up... no problem as I could do it myself.. however the sheets in room were stained and creased to the point that they clearly had not been washed.. rectified swiftly enough with a phone call..
However a call to reception one eve at 10pm asking for a sheet (mine had been removed by housekeeping but not replaced???) Resulted in 2 further calls at 11pm and 12pm....and still no sheet... I ended up sleeping in my clothes with my husbands fleece jacket over me... I wasn't impressed..
staff were not as attentive as I felt they should be (even the ones that had been tipped) in fact one was very rude and said "next time get your own as i am busy"!!!! Not what you would expect from anyone anywhere... let alone a 5* hotel...
LOCATION...thought it was great... far enough away from the busy areas but close enough to walk to or get a taxi to..
I would return to sharm but would not stay at this hotel again...

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Jennymum24
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed at Jaz Mirabel Beach for 2 weeks at the beginning of August. I must firstly that I had a wonderful holiday but not because of this hotel. I have travelled to plenty of 5* resorts in Egypt, Kenya and Turkey and from this, I know that this hotel, currently, is not a 5* resort. At very best it meets the 4* threshold. There are a number of aspects which need serious improvement.

Good Points:
The room size - The room I stayed in was huge with a super-king sized bed, a sofa area and bathroom.
The room finish - The finish of our room was 5*. It was a shame that small touches like the outdoor light falling off the wall. Simple to fix and would have made it perfect.
MOST of the staff - Most of the staff provided a good standard of service. Especially the waiters who ran around the pool area all day.
Lobby area - Clean and finished to a good standard. Nice to sit and relax.
The food - I am vegetarian and usually find it difficult to eat. However, there was always plenty of options and the food was great. No complaints there.
The cleaning of the rooms - Our cleaner was very good. He made beautiful figures out of towels every morning.
Italian and Steak house restaurant - Amazing. Food was exceptional. If the dinning experience was like this every night it would be 6*.
Water slides in the park - Fab, great for the kids.

Bad points -
DIRTY DIRTY POOL - Full of grit, sand and scum. We complained on several occasions and it took them 4 days to clean it. It was closed 4 times throughout our 2 week stay because a number of individuals though it was a good idea to poo in the pool.
Pool Area in general - Not enough sun beds. Not enough shade. On several occasions we found people had moved our sun beds or towels so they could have the shade. Not clean or well maintained.
WIFI Access - I have never had to pay for WIFI in a 5* resort. I would have been happier to pay if the thing actually worked properly. If you want to do any work, don't bother. I could hardly check my emails. No WIFI signal in my room.
Number of staff - There were simply not enough members of staff around to help you. Never enough people on reception, waiters around to take your orders or to clear your tables at dinner.
Family Restaurant - Hideous. Busy, overcrowd, never enough plates or tables. Thank goodness for the adult only restaurant (you only have to be 12 years to go in).
Evening entertainment - There was enough going on. They tried to do too many activities in one evening. From our room we could see the hotel next doors evening entertainment. It really put Jaz Mirabel to shame.

I appreciate that we travelled in the summer holidays which is always busier but that is no excuse. We were sold a 5* hotel and this currently does not meet this standard. We could see improvements being made as we left, but it was all a little bit late. This hotel needs to bring up its standards. Disappointing. Could do better.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the WIFI. Grab a taxi from outside the club resort. Half the price of the hote...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank charlie15121992
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just returned after a week at the Jaz Mirable family of four and two friends. Hotel in general very nice clean smart. Staff work really hard you see the same faces all day and night. If you tip the pool person he will get your sun bed each day which is well worth the money given in high session the pool area gets very busy we tipped five pounds. Its mad how all the shops and the staff want English money and ask you to change the coins into notes. First country I've been and the pounds is the main monies forget changing any money up use English money. The food is plenty and something for everyone so anyone who is not happy is hard to please. One thing I will say the main restaurant is like butlins people pilling high plates and having ten plates in the middle and all eating off them. This was mostly Palestine's who let the children run round like wild animals and throwing food on the floor, to be fair this is not the hotels fault they are unable to control other peoples children. You can eat in a adult only restaurant but your child has to be 12 years and over which is a shame since my child know how to eat and sit and would be fine.

The hotel give free wifi for a limited amount of time which is good bit slow but its free. Outside of the hotel are a few shops which is good to walk to in the evening the hotel entertainment was not to my liking a singer each night which become boring after a while. The drinks are plenty and a good choice.

Cleaners was a bit touch and go had to ask for extra towels a few times but got them straight away. Tipped the cleaner wouldn't do that again thought he was rubbish. Save your tips for the drinks people around the pool they work much harder.

If you booked to go to the Jaz you will have a good time,

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the main hotel little less noise near the beach area. We as on the lower groun...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Alexandra w
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had an amazing two weeks! The room was lovely with a great sea view. The staff were so friendly and attentive and really made our holiday special. Special thanks go to Romany and Mimi at the pool bar, Mohammed in the adults restaurant and A.Azim in the bar. All of these guys worked so hard to make sure their guests had a wonderful time. The food choice was great and not repetitive, the 2 a la cartes we had were amazing and the service faultless! We travelled as family group of 6 with a child of 14 and there was plenty to do if you wanted! I had a massage in the spa and Rimo was brilliant! We all had a lovely relaxing holiday and have booked to go back next year, same time, same place, same rooms please? Well done Jaz Mirabel Beach, 6 very happy guests. Best wishes to you all xx

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Maria P
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon and glad we did. The hotel is gorgeous, spotless and the food is good too. All staff were spot on, and the pool man was more than happy to help you out by reserving your favourite bed by the pool every morning once you had give him a little tip. It has its own private beach with fab views. The snorkelling here is phenomenal. The shops on the hotel grounds are cheap too. I didn't like one tour of the old market as I got ate alive on my legs when we were there and there's only 1 toilet in the whole market what isn't the nicest. We loved Soho Square, it was clean and shop owners weren't pushy unlike the market. It has a fountain show, dance shows and a fab ice bar! We would go back to this hotel and take the kids next time as you could use the other 2 hotels next to ours and one had a water park.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
#3 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!