“Lovely Hotel, Not wide variety on Menu!”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 4 March 2009

The hotel was outstanding, so clean very pleasent and all the staff were helpful and attentive.

The only downfall we had there was that we are very english and love english food, when we saw the menu and that there was no engligh food....i.e French Fries (chips) on the menu or no childrens menu (chicken nuggets, pizza, beef burgers) we were put off eating on the afternoon buffett, and chose to eat during the day at the snack bar as the food did not suit our taste.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,786)

Reviewed 3 March 2009

I have just returned from a week long holiday to the Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel. On first impressions its quite impressive however you soon realise this is not a 5* hotel. I will not pretend that I frequent 5* hotels across the world because I dont, I have however had better service in 3 and 4 * hotels around the world. For what we paid for this trip I cannot complain it was good value for money and we had a really good time. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff were always polite a courteous. The rooms were basic nothing exceptional here. We had the family room for the 2 of us and there was plenty of room. The decor was pretty drab and if I am being honest a little dissapointing . Initially the food was poor I am not a fussy eater but my partner is and he did not eat for about 2 days the food did improve throuhout the week and we did enjoy some meals.We ordered a pizza from room service which arrived cold and was not eaten. The snack bars during the day are very limited in their offereing, burgers and chips is what we had everyday. The burger was very nice but everyday???. We ate at the Italian restaurant which was nice ( not fantastic) the disappointiong thing here was it took nearly 2 hours to have our meal. As I said earrlier staff are friendly but there is no sense of urgency anywhere. There was no such thing as waiter service on the beach or around the pools you had to get your own!

The hotel is about a 20 minute drive away from Namma Bay so if I were to go again I would probably stay closer to Namma Bay as this is there all the nightlife etc is. The hotel did have a nightclub but I did not go to it or any of the evening entertainment those that I spoke to who did did not recommend it. My partner and I are both 28 years old and I did feel a little out of place here as the most of the guests where lot older then us, altough we did meet some lovely people. I recommend if you go at this time of the year bring warm clothes for the evenings as it was very cold, lovely and hot in the day time.
the shops in the hotel are full of cheap fake tat of which I am ashamed to say I bought some of it which I throughly regret just stay well clear. They will show you one thing and actually give you something else. I heard too many examples of this so just be very aware check and double check everything you buy even the newspapers, check what day they are giving you. The Eygptians are very crafty and I feel if they can have you over they will. All in all we had a wonderful time and I dont want my review to be negative but these are the things I would have wanted to know before I came here.

1  Thank Yalls
Reviewed 1 March 2009

the hotel itself is huge, has everything you need, 4 pools, private beach,health spa, different bars & restaurants for all inclusive, 3 al carte restaurants and nightclub (not all inclusive) but when we stayed in feb the hotel offered a 'dine around' package where you can try all 3 restaurants, the italian, lebenese and chinese for £25 per person. aa very good offer i must say. the food was excellent, the staff at the hotel were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. the entertainment was a little bit limited to bingo twice a week, but if you want a quiet drink in the bar then its fine. the local shops in the hotel do hassle you a little bit but are nothing compared to the locals in the centre of naama bay, wouldn't recomend if you have blonde hair!! all in all really enjoyed and will be returning.

Reviewed 1 March 2009

We have just returned from a two weeks holiday at this fabulous hotel. From the speedy and relaxed check in, the incredibly spotless environment and wonderful friendly staff this is a great Hotel.

Our first impression on arrival was the beautiful reception area with marble floors and glass chandeliers. We were taken to a comfortable chair and given a drink while we completed check in forms etc. We were taken to our room by a staff member from Guest relations and our luggage was delivered very quickly afterwards.

Our room(2231) was clean, spacious and very well fitted out for a beach hotel.
The gardens were very well laid out and looked after. Pool areas and Pool bar areas were all spotless and staffed by very friendly people who were very anxious to please.

On the second day Guest relations phoned our room to ask if everything was to our satisfaction; we said the only thing we were having a problem with was the safe. They sent someone over straight away to remedy that and it turned out we were being a bit too quick in trying to open the safe after keying our code in.

We can sum it all up by saying that the hotel is pristine and the staff are wonderful. The food was always good and hot but like anywhere you go in the world after two weeks everything seems to get tiring ' too much choice perhaps'.

Would we recommend this hotel- ABSOLUTELY.

Reviewed 28 February 2009

I stayed here for 2 weeks in July,it was a really good hotel.on arrival the reception was lovely and staff were lovely,throughout our stay staff were always helpfull and there for you if you needed them.The grounds of the hotel were very well kept and the pools were fantastic.The restaurants were good but not to keen on the a la carte as it was a set menu and not a great choice.
Used room service at the hotel and this was of good standard,this is not included in all inclusive but was reasonabily priced and woth the money.
Hotel runs a bus to namma bay and charge for this but you can go to the main gate and get a taxi that will come back and collect you if you give them a time.this was cheap enough to do and better that hotel bus.entertainment at night was not the best but we survived,overall we had a great holiday and would recomend this hotel to friends,I would return to this hotel, I have stayed in quite a few hotels in sharm and there are a few we would not go back to.OH! I booked through Thomsons and there rooms are all in a good location and the balconys are of a good size to sit out in at night.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabobabe
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Excellent all round. Hotel can not be faulted. Staff great ,food top class, and facilities top rate.l.

Reviewed 27 February 2009

Visited the hotel in half term week with my wife and 2 young girls (5 & 3) and had a lovely holiday. The hotel really has everything that you could wish for and the standards of cleanliness and service are the best I have seen. My children enjoyed the hotel run kids club and we could take them as and when we wished which gave us the opportunity to relax. Although the hotel has hundreds of rooms you never feel that it is really busy as everywhere is well laid out and very spacious. The swimming pool area's are fabulous although the non heated ones were a definite no-no at this time of year! We used the water slides at the attached Mirabel Park which were great fun. The food was very varied and we did use our Thomson voucher to eat at "la piazza" italian restaurant which made a nice change from the buffet. Overall I would say the food was good for all inclusive.
The evening entertainment was mixed, some ok, some awful! Our kids struggled to last beyond about 10pm so we didn't sample all the acts.

We stayed on the complex for the whole week as we just wanted to relax and we really didn't have any reason to leave.

The biggest advantage was that in Feb you are pretty much guaranteed hot Sunshine (avg. 28 degrees) and it's only a 5 hour flight!

A great winter family break!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Parrotel Beach Resort
Parrotel Beach Resort
#7 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!