Jaz Mirabel Beach
Tamra Beach(Nabq Bay)
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$64
US$96
US$75
Barcelo.com
US$268
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Aqua Park(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$49
US$76
US$73
6,916 results
All reviewsjaz mirabelblue baranimation teamgreat holidayfishfamily roomtowel arta la carte restaurantsbar staffplenty of choiceevening entertainmentsnack barfantastic hotelpizzaspecial thankswelcome drinkmain bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Arrived back yesterday from stay at this hotel. We had originally booked to stay in Mirabel Park - but were handed a letter by a Thompson rep at the airport , stating that the hotel was overbooked and that we had been 'upgraded ' to the Mirabel Beach. Obviously if I had wanted that hotel, I would have booked it, but ther you go! I have mixed feelings of my experience - so I'll highlight some of the highs and lows. We had quite a late flight from Gatwick, so arrived at hotel at 9.30pm. I found check in to be efficient and courteous. We were handed welcoming drinks whilst we filled in registration cards. Our luggage was taken to our room via buggy on which we had a ride. Our room was clean- no sign of any hair etc- as some people have reported! My only criticism of the accomodation's appearence , was that the furnishings were a little tatty . We had a slight problem with bed linen- in that they'd only made up the room for two people instead of three. This was rectified - but not immeadiately. Food in the restaurants was repetetive - and at times grossly overcooked. Anyone with fussy children,( I have one) would struggle to find anything for them to eat! Of course, there were chips for us Brits - but they weren't fresh- usually limp and luke warm. Table service was variable - some people were heavily tipping waiters - which meant that effectively other waiting diners were ignored. A couple of times - we waited over twenty mins and finished our food before drinks arrived! The pool experience was spoiled by someone either accidently or deliberately using it as a toilet! There were two pools and whilst we were there -
each one was closed twice! There were plenty of sunbeds, but not all with shelter from the sun! This meant that you had to get up very early to reserve one. The Thompson reps said that if anyone put atowel down before 8am- it would be removed. Not so. Arguments amongst guests broke out, with people claiming that their towels had been taken. I went to the beach with my son, only to be told by my daughter on my return, that a Dutch family had taken my sunbed and towel! They claimed that they were there first and that I was in the wrong! That meant that I was a towel down - when I asked for another- I was refused. The man in the towel centre told me to take someone else's!! This apparently was' the norm'. Entertainment was okay -the usual stuff that you expect round the pool. It was very,very hot - which is fine if you want to stay in the pool and not do anything, but I would have liked to have explored a lot more and gone on trips, but August in Egypt is just too hot. It doesn't cool down in the evening either, so it's relentless. Be very careful if you travel with teenage girls. My 15 year old who's an attractive girl- recieved a lot of unwanted attention from both male hotel staff and men outside of the hotel, which spoilt things, as it made her feel uncomfortable. A lot of people reported stomach probs. We were all okay, but then again, I don't drink alcohol and we were sensible with the sun and drank gallons of bottled water. Just take it easy and don't over do the sun. It's nice to get a tan, but it's not that important - your health is!
To sum up - a good hotel- but lots of room for improvement!

Reviewed 1 September 2010

My first impression of the Jaz Mirabel Beach hotel in Sharm was that it looked very attractive and clean with a beautiful fountain outside the door and a very clean reception. The people in the hotel were friendly although i did find over the course of the holiday, that the chefs, the people selling scuba diving by the pool, the people in the hotel shops, etc were really flirtatious with my girlfriend, one person wanted her email address so he could email her.

The hotel shops were very pricy which is why you have to haggle for almost everything-even tablets from the pharmacy! Luckily however we did see our Thomson rep and they gave us some idea of what we should pay for certain items after a long haggle.

I was ill over the course of the holiday with the 'Egyptian Stomach' which pretty much ruined our second week because I just stayed in the room. On the last day I needed to try to make it home without needing the toilet on the plane, so as a last resort we managed to buy tablets from the pharmacy, again after a haggle, (The tablets we have over in the UK are not strong enough, i.e imodium). I was suprised however that when i went to see the doctor back in the UK and showed him the tablets i was given, he said they were discontinued in so many countries because of the bad side effects. I couldn't believe that i was given this medication by one of the shops in the hotel. It was called 'Streptoquin' and Id like to make people aware that they should try and avoid it.

The food at the hotel was ok, however over the two weeks it did get a bit boring. The hotel does however have three a la carte restaurants which are very nice and to a certain extent it did break the week up.

The location of the hotel is not great, and we found ourselfs watching tv in our room most evenings. There is entertainment in the hotel but you need to get there really early to get a seat, and even then, its usually an hour of a particular act (i.e traditional egyptian dances) followed by karoke every night. We went in a taxi to Namma Bay and Soho which was nice but it is expensive so we couldnt do it every night.

Overall the hotel was nice but in the wrong location really. Snorking or diving is a must because the fish are unbelieveable, however after having a bad stomach for over a week, I will never go to Egypt again. I don't like haggling and being pestered by shopkeepers either but at least I can say Iv been there now. Personally i prefer Spain.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunnyday5
Reviewed 31 August 2010

The Good - Stayed in a family room which was spacious and had sliding doors which could allow you to watch the few english channels on the TV without disturbing the kids whilst they slept (or played on their nintendos). Rooms were cleaned every day and they did some pretty impressive "towel art".Main bed was very comfy but the childrens beds were a mattress on a concrete block so not so comfy. Grounds are huge (the complex is prob a little too big) and are well kept. The snorkelling at the end of the pier is a must and you will see more variety of different coloured fish that you could ever imagine. to quote my 6 year old "I love it, I absloutely love it!"

The Bad - No way is this a 5 star hotel. on our first full day there we were approached by 3 seperate staff trying to sell their services (spa, boat trips etc) and every time they started off with a very high price then said they would offer us special price of £x, this should never happen in a quality hotel (this isn't one by the way). Apart from the pool waiter who was always very pleasant the rest, particularly in the restaurant were hopeless. There were 7 in our party and they never got the drinks order right, dirty plates would pile up in front of you (eg soup dish and main plate still not cleared away when you wanted to eat your dessert) and this happened every day. The animation team were the worst I have ever come across and seemed to lack any direction,instead playing table tennis with each other and latching on to one or two familes for the duration and made little effort to interact with the majority of guests. We got a bit cheesed off with the poor service at the restaurants so decided to go to the a la carte Thai restaurant and pay the extra, but again they haggled on the price starting off at £210, then £180, then £120,then finally £90. On priciple I just didn't think it was right for the restaurant to haggle in a reputed 5 star resort so didn't bother. It was a 43 degrees celcius when we there and one of my daughters got a little sunburned so we visited the shops on the complex to purchase a long sleeved kaftan to give her a little more protection and it went from 160 egyptian pounds in the first shop we went in , then we saw it for 85 ,then finally for 40 in shop 62. To top it all the guy in the shop who quoted us 160 took off on us a few days later because we didnt buy from him, cant rememeber his shop number but if you go through from the main restaurants and turn right, its the one on the left hand corner (avoid it like the palgue). Some of the shop keepers have the nasty habit of when you enter, they shut the door behind you to pressure sell you (they say its to keep the air con working) but this somewhat floored as ther is no air con in he shops!
The Ugly- Every day bar one at least one of the pools was taped off as their had been a "dirty accident" in the pool. I have taken 2 or 3 foreign holidays a year for the past 30 years and this is the only time I can recall something like this happening, it's not a pretty sight watching one of the staff with a big fishing net shouting "I've caught a big one". I was very careful in what I ate (everything cooked and no salads etc,but still half of our party went dow with the "deli belly". I cannot believe these accidents are all down to not having infants in swin nappies and more probably down to the poor food hygine for all guests. I like the sunshine but would avoid S.E.S in high summer as its just too damn hot. When I booked my holiday this resort was in the top 10 percent of S.E.S. hotels so thought it would be a good standard, overall it wasn't and although I may return to S.E.S in the future, it won't be at this hotel.

Reviewed 31 August 2010

please please read my review and i pray you take on what i will say,,,, this hotel was one of the worst 10 days i have spent on holiday in 15 years. On arrival i was welcomed by abrupt staff who was not intrested in my arrival and made it clear that when arriving at 21.30pm they was not intrested and just wanted to give us our room key and leave. The room was dirty, it has stains on all bed covers including the pillows and where my children were going to sleep, hair both on towels and in the beds, plaster hangin off the walls, the floors looked as if they had not been cleaned for days even maybe a week, the shower was disgusting. This was an ongoing saga which after 2 days became very hard work to get resolved. i will just list the problems
FOOD VERY POOR AND THE SAME EVERY OTHER NIGHT
BIG QUES FOR DRINKS BOTH NIGHT AND DAY,, NIGHT YOU COULD BE WAITING 20MINS OF A DRINK
VERY POOR ENTERTAINMENT AT NIGHT ie ENGLISH KAREOKE
I OBSERVED THE FOOD BAR STAFF SORTING OUT DIRTY SERVIETS AND IF THE WASNT TO DIRTY THEY WOULD RE-USE THEM WITHOUT WASHING THEM
IF YOU HAVE KIDS DONT THINK THE CAN JUST HAVE ICE-CREAM, THE PLACE YOU GET IT ONLY HAD IT FOR 2 OUT THE 10 DAYS THEY SAID, a problem from supplier, also it was horrible.
i could go on and on but please if you book 2 star hotels this may be just ok for you but if you have stayed at 4-5 star hotels in spain etc please do not go here,,, i wouls rate this hotel at a 2+ or at a push a 3 star,,,, i have photo's and taking this 10 days of hell further with first choice.
PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS,,, OH THE POOL WAS SHUT 6 DAYS OUT OF THE 10 FOR 5 HRS A DAY DUE TO POO,, YES POO AND IT WAS FOUND THAT ADULTS WERE DOING IT FOR A LAUGH.
this holiday cost £3800,,, it may of been worth £1200

I found EGYPT very very poor in evey aspect, i would reommend look everywhere but here

1  Thank pthughes75
Reviewed 31 August 2010

My 2nd visit to the Jaz Mirabel Beach resort and this time was even better !! Its HOT HOT HOT, around 45 degrees between 12 and 3pm but that didn't stop us. You soon get very used to the weather as long as you keep cool with plenty of dips in the pools and drink plenty of water. Food was very good in the buffet restaurants with an additional 3 tasty a la carte restaurants to choose from. Rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels laid on as required. The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to make the stay enjoyable. Little tips go a long way out here. Special thanks go to Hani, Hany and Shiko in the bar, Kareem and Sam in the Animation team and a massive thanks to Max bustin his tunes in the disco. Already thinking about booking the next one back !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends