This is by no means a 5* resort!! I advise anyone considering spending good money on a holiday to look elsewhere.
I have just returned from a one week stay at this resort with my family ( including a 3 year old child). We went with open minds despite reading bad reviews on this website. However, within 5 minutes of arriving at Jaz Mirabel we could see why it had received bad press. The bellboys could not organise our cases to be sent to our rooms and stood shouting at each other in front of us for 20 minutes. When we eventually arrived at our rooms we were horrified at the level of cleanliness. It was by no means 5*!!
- The bedsheets were bobbly and stained
-The curtains were dirty and hanging offf the rails
- The surfaces were covered in a thick layer of dust, hair and dirt
- The bathrooms were disgusting - they looked like they'd barely been cleaned this past year!
We decided that this was unacceptable and wanted to change hotels. We had heard about the level of sickness that this hotel has and it was clear why. With a young child with us, we didnt want to risk illness....especially seeing as we had paid £4000 for the privaledge!
We called the Thomson 24hr holiday line and were advised that we would be able to switch hotels but would have to wait until the morning to speak to a Thomson Rep and look at the Brochure for an alternative. We did this but....to cut a long story short, were told that there were no alternative hotels and so we had to endure a week at this hotel. The reps treated us as if we were an annoyance. When challenging the 5* rating of this hotel we were told "thats your opinion".
During our week stay the pool was closed on 3 occasions as there was POO in it!!!! The poolside was rarely cleaned and the bars were filthy.
The food was ok in the buffet restaurants. There are 2 restaurants, one quieter than the other. The larger, busier restaurant resembles a work site canteen. It was a mad rush to get any food and if you did manage you then had to try and find a table that was clean. Needless to say there was food all over the walls and on the floor. Something you wouldnt expect at any hotel - never mind a platinum resort.
We received good service in the quieter buffet - this was only because my Dad gave generous tips. It seems this is essential if you want to get good service.
3 out of the 4 of our party became very ill during our stay - including my 3 year old nephew. The doctor diagnosed it as food poisoning. Speaks for itself.
This was meant to be a relaxing family holiday...it was anything but. I would advise anyone against staying here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Jaz Mirabel Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Jaz Mirabel Beach Resort
- Jaz Mirabel Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay
- Mirabel Beach Resort