“STAY WELL CLEAR!”

Ranked #31 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London, United Kingdom
“STAY WELL CLEAR!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

First of all id like to say there was a group of 6 of us ranging in age from (16-40). Made up of family and couples.
We was all Inclusive (massive mistake) we only ate at the hotel once, the food had flies landing on it constantly and it was the same food from lunch to dinner, we ended up eating out every day.
Our next complaint was no drink...... you could only have water at breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Of the 3 bars that are there only one has a barman, however for 3 days the bar only had beer no other drinks, when they did get drink we found there was special treatment from the barman towards the other guests at the hotel who were all Russian. (e.g. We walked over to the bar to order a drink and we could see fanta being poured, there was still a good 3/4 of a bottle left, as we asked for a glass of fanta he said there was none left, it was only once I opened the fridge and pointed to it that he then started to backpedal)
The next complaint was the pool... 2.1metres in depth but is only filled with water up to 1metre throughout the entire pool. The pool itself is also really dangerous, tiles loose, they had brick fashion guttering around the pool (what for i have no idea as the water was so low...) but the bricks were missing so there was big gaps to fall down, which one of our group did!
For 2 days we actually had no water for showering etc, kept being told it would be back on in 10minutes, we didn't realise this was egyptian minutes which means days.
We had a powercut to for a while.... no where else seemed to have the same problem though!
Ive read a few comments of nice staff at Zouara, i found only 2 nice staff in the whole place, they was the cleaner and the entertainment(Mo).
The Management are a joke, very arrogant and not helpful at all, even ordering us a taxi seemed a chore for them and their taxis were really expensive, complaints were brushed aside and not dealt with, Our back door would not close or lock and our air con pumped out hot air (Yes i did make sure it was on the low temp setting)
Of the 3 rooms we had 2 of them had doors that would not lock.
The hotel is situated in an area which i can only describe as something out of a horror movie, derelict half built hotels/ houses with no lighting and a group of huts next to it, viewable from pretty much all over the hotel, so not very picturesque at all!
The Zouara beach is really bad, it has the same standard sand at Southend Beach, all the other hotels must laugh because the rest of the beaches down there are beautiful, they have made 2 buses available to the beach that pick you up at different times only 3 times a day though!
I have only been back a day and felt the need to write this to warn anyone who was even thinking of staying at this place.
The sooner it is closed down the better!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Joel B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband paid for my friend and I to go here as an early birthday present, it looked nice and quiet just what we wanted for a week . The staff where wonderful, could not do enough to help, we did have hot water, our door locked and it was clean. Breakfast pancakes where great, now the down side, waiting for the kettle to boil to have tea, waiting for a clean cup that was not chipped, stained or still dirty, waiting for cutlery. Making a roll so you could have something to eat on the beach as there is nothing there, thanks to the lovely chaps in the shop down there who allowed us to put our rolls in their fridge. The evening entertainment was a non starter, just music being played, the Egyptian night never happened. And if you wanted a drink bring your own duty free as they had 1/4 bottle of gin, 1/4 vodka, a bit of rum and enough for a couple of small flimsy plastic cups of beer. Its coming we were told, but it never happened. We were told we would last 3 nights there by staff and they were right. There were none of the facilities mentioned in the hotel description. The taxi was a robber who charged crazy amounts to go to Soho square we never bothered to go anywhere else. The final straws were no toilet paper in the reception loos, a basic requirement! but after waiting 25 minutes gave up. And then being told we had to pay to go onto the beach. One thing in their favour the times to go to the beach was 10 am in the morning 2pm pick up, as my friend and I like the beach they did agree to a 5pm pick up, so thanks for that. We arrived thursday gone by sunday, payed to go to another hotel which was so nice I plan to take my husband there for his birthday

Room Tip: Pay extra and go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank tyz2gud4u
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We came to zoura for 10 nights all inclusive, we only ate in the hotel twice as the food was horrendous, the cutlery was always dirty and had old food stuck to it, we would use ou glasses of water to clean our cutlery!
We feel the hotel was falsely advertised to us as there was no entertainment, no buffet, no spa, no salon. We got ripped of by the hotel for cabs, DO NOT use their cab service we found a nice taxi man Mohammed who charged us quarter the hotels price!
The hotel is in the middle of no where and we were often greeted with dead dogs outside where locals or police killed them and dumped them opposite our hotel.
We had only spoken to our rep for 10 minutes when we arrived, we did not see him at all after that, so when it came to find out when we were getting picked up from our hotel to go back to airport (as there was no information in reception ) we asked the receptionist who said we could use his personal phone to call the rep but for a charge!
There was also someone in the hotel knocking on our door at 4 in the morning really loudly them running away every night.. It was the second to last night I heard scuffling outside our door and saw the man who would tidy our rooms run past our door bang on their door then run the other way!!
Worst hotel I have ever ever been too I a kicking myself I didn't check trip advisor before booking which I Normally do but it was a spur of the moment thing... Never again.

We even choose to stay at a slightly more expensive hotel so we wouldn't have too worry about food, but all of our spending money went on eating out!

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank ttre_1989
Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The staff were really friendly and helpful, the only good thing about the hotel!!
the doors didnt lock properly, the showers were cold, we complained multiple times but still no result! the food was terrible, the only edible thing was the pancakes in the morning. the shuttle bus to the beach only came once a day so you were restricted to how long you could spend at the beach unless you walked for half an hour back through run down construction with no street lights for safety!! On the last day my dress was stolen and because the languauge barrier they did not understand. The drinks were tiny cups, we ended up going to the supermarket to buy bottles as it was a joke having to keep going to the bar after two sips. Take mozzi spray, flies all over the place and food! There was no spa, evening or day time entertainment, and because you are furthest hotel away, it made it difficult to go into town!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank breakwell
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

after our recent stay at the zouara i have to say i feel realy sorry for the staff . they do everything to help the guests and nothing is too much for them . unfortunatly the management refuse to spend any money to improove the hotel . there was no hot water in the rooms (apparently only 4 rooms had hot water ) the shop , internet caffee ,gym ,sauna,beauty salon , dive centre etc had all been closed down and removed .because of a lack of guests the food was just put in front of you with no choice ( it was beef every day ) .the final straw was when they ran out of beer early in the evening . we eventualy got transfered to the luna sharm but to add insult to injury we even had to pay for the transport to the new hotel .oh and the beach is ok but all facilatys are closed there too as the management havnt payed the rent lol

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Neil F
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The hotel building itself is a bit tired but I personally found it clean. The staff were the most friendliest people I've met and above all I didn't feel like I had to tip them though I did just because they didn't expect it.

If you're not happy about something they will do their upmost to put it right. That's what I call service.

The hotel is a 3 star but has been under new management since August 2011 and with a little tlc on the building itself I'm sure it could be a 4 star.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Nalleheaven
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Well...maybe I start with the good things first. The stuff at the "hotel" was friendly and at least it was quiet, that's all the good things I can say.
I would not recommend this hotel for anyone. The rooms were dirty and I had to use my flip flops when I took a shower. The water in the shower was mostly cold and the water pressure wasn't good...tip...tip...tip...
The food at the hotel was either tasteless or bad. In the morning when you went to the restaurant at 7.10 (breakfast at 7.00) you felt a bit like, "I'm sorry I came so early..."
the dinner was always the same and usually there were more stuff than guests. There were maybe aroud 15 guests in the hotel totally.
I have been to bad places but I would rank this to the worts top 5 I have been to.
It is far from the beach, around 2,4 km and you have to walk through a consrtuction site.
During the evening/night it's not fun to walk there.
The rooms didn't feel safe, because the locks on the doors were a bit old and used, so a child could break in.
During January it's a bit cold at night, and it wasn't fun when the heater didn't work.
The beds were clean but it started to hurt in the back after few nights, bad beds.
I did stay there 5 or 6 days before I moved to a bettere hotel, and felt much better after that.
Heard later that usually people stay there around 2-3 days before moving away.
But as everybody knows, you get wath you pay for. The hotel is cheap, maybe cheapest in the area. If you are ok with just something to eat and a bit dirty rooms with low budget this is the place, but if you want to enjoy your stay do not waste your money here!
Would not go there again.

Room Tip: to get a nice room, take another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Faraana Heights Resort
Faraana Heights Resort
#27 of 31 in Nabq Bay
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Manag...
#94 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Zouara Hotel? Share your experiences!