“GREAT HOLIDAY, FANTASTIC STAFF!!”

Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London
“GREAT HOLIDAY, FANTASTIC STAFF!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is our first trip to sharm el sheikh and went for 7nights on the 1st August for a relaxing break and was exactly what we got. We arrived in the evening around 9pm and felt very welcomed by the staff at reception we were amazed on how clean the hotel was from the first moment we arrived. The rooms were very large with a huge bathroom and were cleaned everyday day, the rooms were updated to a high standard including a flat screen tv.

The staff in the restaurant were really good always making sure you had a drink, and the manager was excellent. With my mum being a vegetarian he always made sure she was happy with the food if not he would a make a dish especially for her. The bar staff in the hotel were really good always making sure you had a drink sometimes not even needing to go to the bar and would bring one to you this was the same with the pool bar in fact they are amusing and quick witted. Nothing seems too much trouble for them. The food was good as they had a different theme each day with a good variety and you could also use any of the other hotels restaurants which also had different themes.

One thing that did get annoying was people trying to sell massages and trips to you while trying relax at the pool but just say no and they will leave you alone but they have periods during the day when a flag goes up by the pool which says relax. Please be careful at the jewelry shop which is owned by a guy called peter he seems nice at first with his conversations but that's just all for one reason, HIS A BIG CON ARTIST!! DON'T BUY FROM HIM HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WHEN BUYING FROM HIM.

The animation team in the hotel are brilliant with good activities during the day they have shows in the evening but we didn't really go. Some evenings they have a saxophone player in the lobby bar who is really good and kept us entertained all evening. There are a lot of Russians in this hotel but they keep them selves to them selves really not an issue but they lack in respect and don't seem to know the word thank you or please.

The hotel taxi try to rip you off as we always got him down half the price but still are cheap local taxis outside the hotel are cheaper dont pay more than 45 Egyptian pounds if your going naama bay.

Overall a brilliant hotel with fantastic staff!! i would recommend this hotel to family's and couples i would return to this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Ravi_PLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
manchester
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed at Sea club 4/7/12 for 2 weeks. The hotel room was large lovely and virtually a step from the beach with lovey sea views and was well looked after by Eman who was very attentive ,dressing gowns one day , followed by comb and nail file next day, then GERMAN magazines and body scrubber but mean with filling the shower gel containers.
Pool lovely and again attentive pool lads Shame about the drunken Russian who came in to swim in underpants scared all the kids then proceeded to have a wee by towel booth. which wasnt mopped just put towel trolly over it. Not pool lads fault but an example of how inconsiderate most ot the russian guests are and that they have no concept of please thank you or queing!!!
However the slopes up to the top tier of the resort where the dining and reception and lobby bar is was very difficult for my hubby and on some days when my siactica was playing up I also found it hard going. As you can use all 3 of the hotels we tried them all.
The Sea life was our favourite it was much flatter to navigate and the gardens were truelly beautifull especially at night when all the toadstool shaped lights were on. The Sea club food was at best below average barely warm and hard to get a table some times . This was due to the waiters not clearing and chatting to much with the young female guests!
The only cockroach we saw the whole time was in the sea club restaurant and one of the chefs stood on it and kicked it under the counter!
The sealife was quieter cooler and more attentive servers at all sittings and the food was 100% better. I know it is the same menus but all I can say it must be better prepared.
The alcohol was difficult to taste in the sea club drinks especially the one by the fountains and you could never get any ice. Sea life again much better.
The speciality resteraunts :- the el dawani was unbearably hot and uncomfortable and the food not to our taste the meat very tough. TheTenpanyaki was suberb beutifully cooked and fascinating to watch the preparation . Unfortunatley we to had THE DIARROHEA ISSUE(PHAROAHS REVENGE) as we do every time we visit Egypt so missed out on the beach speciality resteraunt but having used this for lunch and seen the standards of hygiene i.e. the bird problem and the guys behind the bar sweating profusely and wiping their brows on the pink towels that they then dry the glasses with . I dont think we missed out. If I went back it would be to Sea life Last wish is that they sort out the air con in the sea club it is always seemed to be breaking down

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kerrada5
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Just returned this morning from Sea Club. Could not fault the hotel at all, the staff were very friendly, hotel very clean. A few suffered from dodgy stomachs, but the main problem was the RUDE Russians. Not only rude but one night I was verbally and physically abused by a very drunk Russian - the staff had to intervene, but offered him a beer to calm him down !!! The staff need to take control as they said they were used to them being so rude and obnoxious, but they should not be allowed to get away with their behaviour. I decided to come home a day early and had to pay £200 for my flight and arrange it all myself - no help from the First Choice rep. Even had to arrange my own transport.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank geddes5
manchester
Reviewed 26 July 2012

just returned from sea club and will get one thing out of the way. yes there is building work going on next door and thompson / first choice try to ignore it, but it does effect you'r comfort, especially by the pool and the accommodation next to it we complained prior to arriving on resort and to be fair ,they put us in rooms furthest from the noise and we spent all our time at the sea life pool so it did not effect our holiday. because you have the use of all the facilities in the group we mainly used the restaurants at sea life and we found that these were better than sea club but it was mainly that sea club was more busier than the others so queueing and finding tables was an issue.the food is themed every night and is different in all the three restaurants but as most all inclusives it can be pretty much the same.. in all the three hotels the staff were excellent in all the lounge bars and pool bars they worked their socks off to please you the rooms at sea club were first class large, kept clean and were very comfortable. entertainment in resort was very basic, provided by the animation team but they were enthusiastic and did their best.. we had our two year old grandson and he had a ball, going to kids club and the mini disco in the evening and the young girl who was in charge really looked after all the children and kept them entertained throughout the holiday .we did venture out a few times into nabq bay and soho square and did'nt have problem with taxis it was £10 return and we got the drivers phone number so we phoned him when we wanted to return we could have got it cheaper out side, but we were happy with what we paid just for the peace of mind so would i return? yes i would . would i recommend this hotel well one mans great holiday could be anothers nightmare so i just give my own opinion one thing that effected our holiday was when we returned, i found that the envilopes that i had spending money in had the bottom slit with a razor or other sharp instrument and i had kept them in the safe at all times and was always locked , and money had been removed, so keep a check on this but it has not spoiled my opinion of the hotel and i am only mentioning it as a warning to others . one other thing is the disco in the sea club it starts at midnight in an open room with no windows so the noise can be intimidating if you are nearer the reception..

Room Tip: ask for a room furthest from the noise
2 Thank jeaday
wigan manchester
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Having just returned from sea club resort i was very impressed with our choice of holiday, sea gardens hotel was a very good choice as the staff made our holiday more relaxing nothing was to much trouble for them and always with a smile especially in the resturant were we could,nt fault the lovely food at all. The hotel rooms were cleaned every day and always left us a nice stucture with our towels. The only fault i had with this hotel was you had to pay for the kids icecream which was always billed to your room. I would recomend this hotel if your after a relaxing holiday, the entertainment is not much of a night but due to the very hot weather we had we were happy to go an chill in our rooms after a few drinks. Make sure you take plenty of diarrhoea tablets due to the hot weather we all suffered with bad stomach,s but overall we had a brilliant holiday and would def recomend the boat trip which was worth every penny to see the beautifull fish, cant wait to go back again x

Room Tip: All rooms have a lovely view x
Wishaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Back only one day from this horrendous resort. 3 kids, 2 adults. On the surface all is great, very nice spacious rooms, cleaned daily. Most staff very friendly. However, this hotel is contaminated, my whole family were ill, I lost four days of my holiday unable to leave the room due to sickness and diahorrea bug which seemed to be affecting every other person within the Sea Group, having had food poisoning before I would say the symptoms were just the same. It was very distressing for everyone. I was prepared with Imodium which made no difference, however the hotel does sell £25 tablets which I was told by another traveller they were £5 in the nearby town. The only good thing this hotel group had to offer was the wonderful snorkelling off the jetty, the beach was nice and the beach bar staff very attentive. Obtaining a cold drink was also a big deal in Sea Group, drinks mostly served at room temp. Do not eat the salad and do not take ice. Two main tips. Sorry, I dont normally write any reviews but I feel I have to warn other would-be holiday makers. Oh and constant power cuts and a fire alarm type bell rings during the course of the day AND NIGHT!!!

8 Thank LizzyF2012
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This was our first trip to Sharm El Sheik and we booked it as a last minute holiday for myself, my husband and 18 year old daughter. We were looking for a week relaxing and that is exactly what we got. I had seen pretty good reviews for the hotel. We were not disappointed. The hotel is kept spotlessly clean and the gardens are impeccable. The staff there go out of their way to help you and we were treated like royalty for the week. Our rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day by Ahmed and he always made us feel really special by leaving flowers, cakes or towel sculptures on the beds!! We had two rooms with an interconnecting door which was very handy. The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. The bathroom was also large with huge showers. Also the terrace (we were on ground floor) was equally spacious.

The staff in the restaurant were so helpful. Shimaa and Fatima were always waiting to greet you with a smiling face. The waiters, too many to mention, were always there to help you and get your drinks. The reception staff were helpful and knowledgeable as was Ramy the First Choice/Thomsons Rep. The bar staff/waiters were courteous and efficient and really made our stay very pleasant.

The animation team seemed pleasant enough, although we did not join in with any of the activities or go to any of their shows. We were happy enough to relax in the evening in the bar by the lake. We also went to Sea Life and had a meal in the Lebanese Restaurant which was very good. The fish restaurant on the beach is also worth a visit. However, we did find that the food was hard to beat in the main hotel of the Sea Club. The choice was extensive and there was always something we liked.

We only went out of the hotel once and this was on a boat trip which I booked through First Choice. It was a very enjoyable day but it was advertised as a VIP boat cruise with 5 star service. I wouldn't describe it as 5 star service as we had to get our own drinks most of the time and although the staff were helpful, the captain was downright miserable and never spoke to anyone!! It was advertised as an all inclusive trip and lunch was included which was OK. However, there was no alcohol on board and a glass of wine or a beer in the afternoon would have been nice, although perhaps snorkelling and alcohol don't mix!

The good points of this hotel by far outweigh the bad ones, but a few things I feel should be mentioned. Yes there is construction work going on next door to the hotel, but quite honestly the noise did not bother me one bit and I did read some previous reports saying that there was dust everywhere, but I did not notice any at all. The pool area has a "relax" policy where you can pull down a little flag on the sun umbrella and this should mean that nobody will hassle you. WELL THIS DOES NOT WORK! We were constantly bothered by people trying to sell us massages, beauty treatments, boat trips, sand buggy trips and so on. It starts out fairly pleasantly but if you do show any interest, then they will not leave you alone. DON'T show any interest at all from the start. Just politely say no thank you and they will eventually leave you alone. Beware of the guy selling British newspapers. He charges a fortune for them and never has any change. He got quite nasty with me when I wanted my money back as he didn't have any change but then miraculously found some! Give him a very wide berth.

There are a lot of Russian people staying at the hotel and whilst they did not bother us, they are rude especially to the staff and do not know how to say please or thank you. I think this is partly why the British guests were so well treated by the hotel staff as we were courteous to them.

There are some shops within the hotel, both inside and out. The staff in them were generally very pleasant but whilst we were there a new shop opened up selling jewellery and semi-precious stones. My daughter and I wandered in one evening two days before we were due to leave. She picked out a stone to be set in a silver ring, the cost of which was £40 sterling. He measured her finger and stupidly I paid upfront (this is something that happens throughout the hotel, especially the people by the pool selling massages etc). He promised to have the ring for us the following evening but it didn't turn up. He then promised it at 11am the day after (the day we were leaving). Again no sign of him. I went into one of the other shops and they were very helpful and telephoned him. He said he would meet me with the ring at 3pm. Again he didn't turn up. He eventually showed up with the ring as we were on our way to reception to get on the coach to the airport. The ring didn't fit and was of very poor quality, but it was too late to do anything about it. I took it to a local jeweller yesterday to have it made smaller and they are not even sure it is silver as it is not hallmarked. I wonder if this is going to be what the owner does, not give you the jewellery until you are literally leaving the hotel and it is too late to do anything about it. Give that shop a wide berth as well!!

Having said all this, the good points by far outweigh the bad points and we would definitely return there again, preferably when the weather is a little bit cooler.

3 Thank Julie B
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#19 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,088 reviews

Been to Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh? Share your experiences!