Charmillion Club Resorts
Tamra Beach(Nabq Bay)
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Mirabel Beach(Nabq Bay)
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$64
US$96
US$75
Barcelo.com
US$268
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Aqua Park(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$49
US$76
US$73
2,571 results
All reviewssea clubanimation teamlobby barfishmain restaurantgreat holidaysea gardenshallow wateraqua aerobicssharm elspecial thanksthese guysa la cartehotel is beautifulbig thanksprivate beachchoice of food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I (ages 24 and 26) have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Sea Club Resort in Sharm staying there from the 25th November until the 2nd December 2012 and it was lovely!

Before arriving there on the 25th November we, like everyone else had a look on trip advisor and were somewhat apprehensive about going due to a vast number of poor reviews given which related a lot to the noise of the building works next door and to the views expressed that the food was "inedible" and the staff being "rude to the British guests." What we found was quite the opposite although there were a couple of situations that came to light that we feel could have been managed far better.

The staff - all of the staff (with exception of our cleaner) were absolutely brilliant. The waiting on staff in the main restaurant couldn't do more for you and we're always polite, friendly and even though their jokes were repetitive were a real plus and the same goes for the lads that worked in the various bars around our hotel. We feel that the management team there were very poor and as a couple of situations arose due to us tipping one lad Mahmoud (easily the best member of staff there) £20 which the management team took as us trying to bribe him for free drinks in the Jungle nightclub which was wholly inaccurate. This only served to cause offence to us as we feel that tipping someone that has made our stay more enjoyable is a perfectly acceptable thing to do also this meant that the poor lad got a telling off which understandably left him miffed by the situation. We felt that this could and would have been far better managed if the management had only asked us but they didn't opting instead to jump the gun. On the whole our cleaner was fairly good but he creeped my girlfriend out by approaching her alone and asking for our iron and then sulking when the request was declined even though we had already tipped him on our first day to ensure we received a good service.

The food - the food was good on the whole, a little repetitive but no different to any other all inclusive that caters for guests from a number of different countries. Previous reviews have said the food was cold and uncooked but we never found this to be the case at all. If you choose to eat a lot of salad in a place like Egypt then in my opinion you deserve to get the runs as common sense tells you that it will be washed in their tap water!

The drinks - also very good in our opinion. When asking for a rum and coke or vodka and coke make sure you tell them the size of the spirit you want as like I have said they mainly have Russian guests that have a pint of vodka and a shot of coke rather than the way we have it on sunny England.

The trips!! - on day one you are literally bombarded by the hotels on site sales team that sell you excursions (camel riding, snorkelling, quad biking in the desert etc). Our experience of the trips were that between the salesmen and the excursions themselves they were SO UNORGANISED they were at times laughable. We did the quad bikes and a camel ride as well as a day on a boat snorkelling....never again!!! Both were terribly organised and lacked any form of management just far too many staff ruining what should be two fairly easy excursions. Plus the excursions themselves were not cheap in our opinion and other Brits we spoke to said they had better deals booking through first choice in England rather than over there...

The restaurants - book the a la carte restaurants on your first day or you will not get to go in them!! We tried to book them on our third day but were told they were all booked up until the 4th December which was great!! However we found the main restaurant to be fairly decent and varied so weren't that bothered really.

Noise - it's true there is some noise from a hotel being built next door but unless you were at the side f the beach closest to it it wasn't as bad as other people had made out.

Entertainment - we felt this was awful but only because they entertainment team had to do the shows etc in 4/5 different languages which meant they dragged on a lot and a punchline in four languages on a so called comedy night is not funny! To be fair to them the animation team didn't really bother with us which isn't always a bad thing as when you have been to a few different places they get repetitive and boring and were glad they were more interested in pursuing the younger girls!

On the whole the holiday was good and although you can't really get out of Sharm whilst you're there due to riots in other areas of Egypt the complex had enough to keep us busy and with there being a fairly decent gym and leisure options available such as table tennis and pool it served its purpose as a good break away from rainy England!

Lastly it was over 32 degrees everyday!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Andrewarmistead
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sea Club from the 11th-18th November.
We had a great holiday and it was pretty much everything I had expected from the resort based on the mixed reviews.

Overall we had a very relaxing holiday and would be happy to go back.

Food: I found the buffet pretty good. Obviously the chefs have to cater for numerous nationalities and different food tastes, but overall I felt there was a wide range on offer and if I did want to spice my food up there was always a pot of freshly chopped chilies on offer.
In the restaurant you do sit very close to other people and I often overheard english couples complaining about the food. Not to generalise, but id guess these people were more of the traditional English meat and two veg preference of food. I did see another couple order steak and chips (as mentioned in a previous review), and this looked delicious. I would of ordered this myself but didn't quite have the nerve after seeing the variety of food already on offer and seeing how hard the chefs work.

The restaurant is very busy from 6:30, so if you was a quieter more romantic meal at the buffet the I'd suggest going a little later. The lights are dimmed, they out candles out and there are no kids running about.

The poolside bar also had a burger and chips BBQ if you wanted an afternoon snack. These little burger baps were delish!

The beach restaurant (il pescatore) I wouldn't recommend at lunch. I didn't go for the evening food but the lunch was pretty dire. While filling my plate with food, a small bird kindly did a poo on my plate. There are lots of birds flying around the food which clearly isn't very hygienic. I wouldn't recommend eating here, the food isn't great and the birds are pretty off putting.

Drinks: I have been on a fair few all inclusive holidays and the drinks were on par to other places I've stayed. All spirits probably watered down, but generally ok for an evening drink.

Service: I thought the service was brilliant. It felt like everyone had gone out of their way to make my stay pleasant and everyone was always willing to help.
Our room attendant Hussain was lovely, we were surprised each day by a beautifully made room and animals made out of towels. It was these little touches that made things feel that little extra special.
We took advantage of the laundry offer, filling a bag full of clothes and getting these washed and ironed for €8. We did this on the second to last day, had the clothes picked up at 8am and returned by 6pm the same day all perfectly folded and clean. I found this service brilliant as now home, I dont have to worry about getting everything washed!

Room: our room was lovely. We received an email from First Choice informing us of the building work and that they'd requested we be moved as far away from this as possible. To our relief, we were at the complete opposite end and had a lovely sea view. The room was huge and very clean.

Beach: it was extremely busy on the first day and we found it really difficult to find a sun lounger. However, the following days it seemed to clear out and we had no problem. The beach was lovely and clean and the sea is brilliant for snorkelling. Do take a pair of waterproof shoes with you though as the rocks on the sea can hurt your feet when walking out to snorkel.
There were waiters that would bring drinks to you while you sunbathed which I took full advantage of.
There are lots of sales reps that pester you for massages, snorkelling, diving, quad biking etc. they were pretty persistent (yet still polite and friendly) on the first day, but we didn't get much hassle after that.

Health centre: the gym was probably one of the best all inclusive gyms I've been too. Great equipment and also free to use.
I had two massages, an anti stress and an Egyptian. Both were ok and very relaxing. However, if you are used to professional massages back home and know what is the norm, the you may be a little disappointed. I am of the mind that no one quite matches up to my masseuse back home, so I was fairly disappointed when the reflexology that was supposed to be part of the Egyptian massage was actually a gentle foot rub. Obviously if you haven't a clue about reflexology, a foot rub may very well have been perfect for you (and it was very relaxing), but it certainly was not actual reflexology as it had claimed.

Shisha bar: the shisha bar is lovely, and the guy that works there is a character. Singing along to all the tunes and really making sure you enjoy your time there. This bar is outside of the all inclusive, but still very cheap. £3 for a shisha.
They also have a tv, so we were able to watch the England game while smoking a pipe and occasionally playing dominos.
I do have a serious complaint however. As the seating is fabric and outside, this seems to suffer from fleas or some sort of bug. I woke up the following day covered in bites in the areas that were exposed and touching the fabric chairs (I was wearing flip flops and had my feet tucked up underneath my legs, so they were absolutely covered).
As we had such a good time at the bar, we did give them the benefit of the doubt and went back another day and sat on the benches. Again a great night and atmosphere, but the same reaction in the morning for my boyfriend who had leant his elbows on the chair arms.
Really painful and incredibly itchy, so beware. I can't guarantee that these bites weren't just normal mosquito bites, but it was incredibly odd that all other bars around the resort didn't seem to cause issues with bites the next morning.

Entertainment: I didn't go on holiday looking for entertainment, so I wasn't disappointed. There was the animation team for the kids, and live music at the lobby bar. I'd say this was typical holiday entertainment!

People: most of the other people at the report were either Russian or German with only a few other English people. We weren't there to makes friends, but the big groups of Russians could sometimes be a little intimidating.

Shower room: on departure day there was no shower room. We had to get ready in the outside showers and toilets. Apparently this is the norm in Egypt according to the rep.

Tips: make sure you take a handful of pound coins for tips. It's not like the staff wait around expecting you to pay them, but it is the norm and usually well deserved.

1  Thank HonestHolidayGoer
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Beautiful hotel, staff are polite and attentive, rooms a good size and clean. The beach and pool areas were clean and snorkelling was brilliant. I loved the setting, it was relaxing and weather was great. It did become windy on the last few days which made snorkelling hard but it was still extremely sunny!
With it being all inclusive we didn't expect to spend our money on eating out. Unfortunately the food in the main restaurant was awful, the buffet was warm not hot, the selection was not great and nothing tasted good. We really felt that the hotel was catering for it's Russian guests rather than the British. It was all pretty basic and you really don't feel like you want to be in the food hall long! It's not a relaxing, romantic experience, just a bit chaotic.
We found it impossible to book the a la Carte restaurant as our rep didn't inform us to do this on our first day which meant the restaurants all ended up fully booked. Please also be aware that the all inclusive alcohol has clearly been mixed with another substance as the gin, vodka, whiskey and brandy all have the same nasty aftertaste. It's like paint stripper! Like nothing i've ever tasted before in my life! Please note we found a Duty Free shop in Soho Square, take your passport and go buy a bottle from them to drink on your balcony or have as a night cap as you will not like the drinks served. It is really reasonably priced just shame we found it on the last night!
Nama Bay is great, although you will be hassled thy are really polite about it.
We paid no more than 50 egyptian pounds there and 50 back. If you walk to the entrance to the hotel there are always taxi's there, they will also arrange to pick you up at whatever time you ask. We paid for the whole journey once picked up but this will depend on the driver, in our experience they were always 10 minutes early which was a plus.
Make sure you have money to tip on arrival, by tipping all the bars, porters and towel guy you really will be looked after better!
All in all we did have a great holiday but we did spend a further £500 on top of the all inclusive price so that we could eat and have drinks out. Something we shouldn't have had to do!

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are really impressive, if you are a couple ask for a double bed on arrival, we ended up with twin beds. Rooms further away from reception are best.
Reviewed 17 November 2012

First night we arrived we discovered that it was not ALL inclusive when we went to the beach party organised by the hotels entertainment group and were refused drink at the bar as we had no ticket. Second morning, woken at 8 a.m. by the cleaner only to introduce himself. We then headed to breakfast and were put off for the rest of the week by the rudeness of the waiting staff. We were not informed about the welcome meeting but were told from fellow residents that it had been moved to the next day at the last minute. Favouritism from waiting staff who were not interested unless they were tipped. Sea Life resort was best for food choice and staff politeness. Hassled constantly at the poolside and were even told two different prices for the same excursion! At the end of the week be both felt ill, and at tea my partner took a funny turn and almost collapsed at the table but none of the staff were interested, the waiter even walked away with our drinks to avoid us. Take alot of relevant medication as the pharmacy is expensive (mosquito repellant is a must). Building works are not much of a problem, but can imagine it to be if you stay in rooms close by, as it can be heard. To be honest we were very glad to leave and get home and can easily say we will not be heading back to the resort. Pictures look great but very misleading and honestly take advice on the reviews... we wish we had!

2  Thank David L
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The gardens, location and facilities at the Sea Club are second to none. The fact that facilities can be shared at Sea Club, Sea Life and Sea Gardens is a major bonus but we felt that it was all let down by a poor all inclusive drinks package.Whilst we expected local acohols the lack of any bacardi,bottled beers or diet mixers was disappointing and apart from the one in Sea Club, the other bars are like railway waiting rooms with wine served from boxes on the bar etc. Perhaps we were just unlucky that despite precautions my wife suffered from over 50 mosquito bites and I am still under he doctor suffering from an Egyptian stomach bug some 2 weeks later, although I have to say the on site pharmacist was excellent. The nearby building site was not a problem although the night club was if you get a room near reception.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is away from the main reception as music plays loudly from 11pm.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple