Have just come back from spending 2 weeks at this hotel with my husband and 1 year old daughter, when we arrived my initial thoughts were that the hotel and staff were lovely, our suitcases were taken to our room and we were greeted by more than 3 or 4 of the staff who shook our hand and they love children! All the staff were pleasant, helpful and friendly, I didn't encounter even one member of staff who was rude from the managers to the gardeners, all said hello whenever you passed them. The private beach is really nice, although we did get a little bit fed up of sales people trying to sell excursions, beauty treatments etc but all were friendly and if you said 'no thank you' they do leave you alone. 1 salesman who does snorkelling trips is lovely, he's really friendly and wasn't pushy at all or tried to get us to buy his trip, he just wanted to chat and talk about the different fish you can see whilst snorkelling and he was lovely, he was great with our little girl showing her the fish on his card and picking her up and talking to her. The food was quite good, we did go to a British bar over the road a few nights and TGI Fridays because we fancied something different but there is a variety of food and we found the waiters to be very friendly even without a tip. Falafel, Starfish and Italian restaurant are all in the same restaurant, which confused us but all the food served was really nice. Pools are well-kept, always see someone cleaning them every day and the gardens are well-kept too. Not much entertainment on an evening though until after 10, and the kids club seemed to just be in Italian, but I may be wrong.
Tips: Don't buy from the shops in the hotel lobby/entrance unless you want to get ripped off and have them be rude to you when you suggest a price (as there are no set prices), we made the mistake of agreeing a price with one man and going back to the room to get the money and he then put the price up by 200 LE, we informed the manager and he sorted it out, so tell the manager if this happens. I wouldn't take a small child there i.e 1-2 year old because theres not much for them to do and I would have liked to have a seen maybe a soft play area for babies/toddlers as letting a child crawl on the beach and eat sand isn't much fun for the parents trying to relax!
Don't get in the blue and white taxis, always book a taxi through the hotel because they are fixed prices and you know they are safer, be warned that they don't drive as safe as you would probably want or expect them to! But apart from that, it was a really nice hotel and I would recommend it :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay