this hotel ensured a relaxing holiday right from the very start. we were greeted with chilled face cloths at the reception door to freshen up after the short drive from the airport to the hotel.
the grounds, including pools , gardens and terraces were maintained to an exceptional standard. The hibiscus flowers and mimosa blooms were unbelievable they were so vivid!
The choice and quality of restaurants available was amazing. The food was well cooked and beautifully presented (most food is cooked in view which is always reassuring).
The quality of the staff makes your stay very special, they are attentive without being intrusive and Mohamed at the lazy river pool bar was wonderful , teaching me one new arabic phrase per day! All the staff without exception were super from the pool men and gardeners to the senior management team. In the current political climate many of them must have been worrying about families they leave in Cairo whilst they come to the Red Sea for employment but non of them let this affect their customer service - a truely professional crew.
Gigantic beach/pool towels were provided and changed as often as we wished.
We tipped throughout our stay but never felt pressured to do so. You can tip in UK £ but we just split down our larger Egyptian £ at reception and used those.
the only thing that was not 5* was the room. it was more than adequate for our needs , a comfortable bed and the room was kept very clean but didn't have the 'polish & facilities' of 5stars .
If you are female you may (like me ) have been made to feel uncomfortable on occasions within countries with a Muslim culture, believe me you will feel totally at ease within this hotel .
Would I return???? .....YES , as soon as possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay