We have just returned from a week at the Sharm Grand Plaza, and although we weren't completely disappointed, the hotel didn't quite live up to all the hype.
The room was fabulous with great views of the pool and sea, very light and spacious but the air con was a touch cold! The pool areas and gardens are exactly as pictured and really are worth a walk around. The beach is nice and private and at this time of year, fairly quiet but the sea isn't accessible without appropriate footwear.
The food left a lot to be desired and we both suffered for about 3 days. Stay away from the salad!
The staff however could not do enough to help. They were all approachable, friendly and very helpful. I commend them for dealing and keeping calm with some of the eastern block visitors who we have to say were exceedingly rude to staff and guests alike.
One main disappointment was the alcohol being served (Volga vodka - says it all really!). I'm sure that coca cola enterprises would take exception too!
Last orders around the various bars is 11pm which we found to be too early, and there are not enough seating areas at night around the bars - we really didn't enjoy sitting on loungers during the day, then again at night!
Overall, the hotel could so easily be a real high quality 5 star establilshment, just needs a few minor changes and there to be more of a personal touch to really set the holiday off.
Seems quite a negative end but I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel due to the surroundings and the staff.
Soho Square is definitely worth a visit if you are sick of all the hassle in other places such as Naama Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Southall Travel, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay