I want to be fair about this review as there are both good and bad bits..... so the best way I can start this review is by asking myself the question "Would I go back to this hotel/resort?" The answer is YES, but this is no 4* or 5* hotel more like a good 3* one at best.
We traveled as 2 couples and had 2 deluxe rooms with sea views. These were both on the third (top) floor of Dolphin Block. The rooms were very spacious, clean and well presented and our thanks goes to Mohammed who kept them that way throughout our stay. The bathrooms though were a little shabby decoration wise and in our particular bathroom, you could smell the drains at night. We had no problems with insects, ants, or any other little visitors. One other small issue was that there was an additional £4 per night charge for tea/coffee facilities if you wanted them.... even though it was supposed to be 'All inclusive' and we paid extra for the 'deluxe' rooms?
Food was in general was very good, plentiful and there was a wide selection, so no complaints there and the restaurant staff were also very helpful and friendly. During our stay, we also chose to have an Italian a la carte meal - excellent and good value, can recommend that one.
The rest of the hotel/resort was generally as stated in the brochure, pools were very clean, plenty of sunbeds, although they were a little tatty...and the Animation team were just great. There was also a SPA there and I must say "the best massage I've had in years, you simply must try it". Our thanks go to all of the Guarana Spa team.
So what about the bad bits......
Well, they are building a new purpose made SPA building at the moment...due to open in 3 months time....until then, there is building noise on a daily basis and so you don't need an alarm clock! We were not informed of that one before we went!
The 'Gents' toilets down by the Luna Bar is not recommended, VERY bad smells....and I'm told the LADIES is not a nice place either!
There are too many 'Trip Touts' around trying to get you to go on 'their' trips because they are the best....... I list this as a bad bit on the hotel as the hotel management must endorse this practice as they provide them purpose made kiosks to work from!
Other than the above, we loved it.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Southall Travel so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay