Ok so lets make it very clear- a 5* in Egypt is NOT the same as a 5* in say London Paris or New York! If you go there thinking it is then you will not enjoy your holiday!
If you go with an open mind like we did- then you will love it and have no complaints!
We have just returned from our first visit to Sharm and we absolutley loved it. The hotel was beautiful, very large, well laid out with several pools, bars and restaurants and has a lovely jetty to walk out into the sea.
We were in the coral block in a large room with two Queen Size beds, Tv, Mini Fridge, great air con, a large bathroom with clean towels everyday. Our cleaner Elsyed was a very polite, friendly man who always stopped for a chat in the morning. He always cleaned the room to a good standard, gave us fresh towels and a bottle of water daily. He also did us some lovely towel art whilst we were there. In all fairness the rooms are a bit dated- but they are in the process of updating all rooms- and you're only in them to sleep and shower so it's no big deal!
We spent most of our time at the Nino pool as it was closest to our room and seemed to be the quietest and most relaxing pool. The Nino Bar opened at 10am, serving drinks and at different times of the day offered snacks and ice cream. The pool and towel hut attendant Momen Mohamed was an absolute diamond, making sure we had sun beds everyday, offered us lilo's and always came over for a chat or to splash us everyday :) We really hope to see him again as he made our time at the resort so much more enjoyable.
The restaurants offer a variety of food every night- they do a different theme every night- english, italian, indian, russian etc but there is always something to eat- I am unbelievably fussy with my eating but I certainley didn't go hungry! All the food we had was a good quality and not tasteless as some of the reviews have previously said. On the live cooking stations for omelettes, pasta etc there is a choice to add extra ingredients like cheese, onion, garlic, meat or tomato so they can be as plain or as tasty as you choose. We also ate/tried most things and neither of us suffered with a bad stomach which was encouraging. Whilst we were there they had a BBQ at the grill bar on a Monday night for British guests with belly dancing as entertainment and a chance to speak to the management.
The hotel grounds were absolutley stunning!! The gardens were tended to everyday, there was no rubbish to be seen anywhere, it was obvious that the staff worked very hard to keep it so nice and green. There was building work at the hotel but it did not effect us at all. There are shops on the resort selling souvenires etc they do try to talk to you but don't hassell you too much- a polite no and they get the hint. The toilets throughout the resort always had an acceptable standard of cleanliness.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone and we hope to return next year for another visit!!
A big thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable
Kerry & Daryl xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay