We had the best time ever on this holiday for 2 weeks and didn't want it to end.
We can not fault the efforts of all the great staff, from the entertainment team, to waiters, to reception staff, they all went above and beyond. For our arrival we pre booked a taxi direct with the hotel who was ready and waiting in arrivals with our nameboard. If you haven't been to Egypt before you will not know that the airport can be a very manic and a direct taxi transfer is quick and easy for the cost of around £20. (Hotel is only 10 mins from airport)
From our reception check in we were met with the delightful reception staff (Nadir, mohammed Ibrahim, Ossam Said)all helpful cheeky chaps who joked with us and said we had the best room on the beach? We didn't believe them but they were right, we were led to our room in the "Tiran Block" with the bellboy telling us all about the complex and showing us our room. The rooms are spacious, clean and as he opened the curtains there it was, a sea view looking directly over the beach & sea..Amazing!!
From here on our holiday just got better.
COMPLEX -The complex is delightful, with great pools, gardens and is spotlessly clean. No mad panic for sunbeds and there are recreation staff around the pool who will help you with beds and brollies ( and a small tip goes a long way). Big hello to Momen Mohamed our sunbed man who looked after us and was always smiling and joking with us.
FOOD - we had read good and bad reviews prior to going and personally we were not disappointed. There is always a variety of food to suit everyone, from salads, fish, meats, veg, a fresh pasta bar, pizza etc. I have been to 5 other hotels in Egypt and this is by far the best. You will always get some moaners who are stuck in their UK eating habits but the staff will prepare for you personally if you have any requests. We mentioned we liked jelly and from that day on we were brought our own jellies with every meal. This was funny! Thank you to Adel Moniem our favourite waiter who looked after us at meal times.
ANIMATION TEAM - A massive thank you to the fantastic team that keep you entertained from morning till night. The team of RYAN, SAM and LUKA who made our holiday complete. Ryan is the most cheeky gay rep who kept us smiling every minute of the day with his crazy antics, and Sam who is the worst singer ever but is so funny. It was a tearful farewell to leave the boys on our departure and it wouldn't be the same without them. Hope your still there next time..
I could keep writing more great stuff but all in all cant wait to go back. Many people seem to return time after time to this hotel and now we can see why. Hope to go back again later this year as missing it already..
See you soon,
Lorraine & Rob (July 2013)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay