After reading previous reviews on here prior to our trip, we were unsure what to expect from this hotel, but still went with an open mind.
Straight away we were impressed when the reception staff gave us two couples a family room each, which included 2 large double beds in each with a seating area etc.
You can't fault the hotel itself at all, with a 5 star rating, it is a huge resort(like most in Sharm), and well looked after! The hotel is on the beach and if your room is in the Tiran block like ours, it is in very close walking distance! Only problem on beach is the amount of hassle you get from people selling things, even if you do get one of the 'do not disturb' signs!!
The service throughout the hotel is very good. The reception staff you cannot complain about at all, they were extremely welcoming right from the start, we did not have to deal with them often, but when we did they were very helpful and friendly. Especially when we went to book one of our rooms for a couple of extra hours on the last day, and they gave it to us free of charge!
The waiters & bar staff we mostly all happy to help and always working hard. The staff at the Lunar bar were always willing to bring drinks over to our tables for the whole week after us giving them a small week at the start. ( always helps! ). I don't know if it is the way they are told to work in this hotel, but we found that in the Riviera restaurant the waiters didn't bring drinks over to tables, we had to go to the bar and order ourselves - although did notice a few tables being waited on.
The staff on the beach were very friendly, there are two very lovely men who every morning helped us find sunbeds and moved them wherever we liked, and they always remember us and our friends every day!!
Our maid in our room was brilliant the first few days, water in our room every day, towel art on the bed, everything. But did start to go downhill towards the end of the week. He did also once just wander in to our room mid afternoon (whilst we were having a nap) with 2 other men, after knocking just twice, and decided he was going to change our curtain?!
There are two main all inclusive restaurants in the hotel which served breakfast lunch and dinner. Also 3 gourmet restaurants and 3 bars which provide snacks throughout the day.
Overall the food was good, we were always able to find something we liked so never went hungry! Wouldn't rate the Portofino restaurant (Italian), the set menu for the free all inclusive meal was very limited. We all had pizza for our mains, which was meant to be spicy, but was extremely bland. Food in the main restaurants was much more tasteful!!
Overall - this hotel is a 5 star with a 3 star price, and can't moan about much at all, every hotel has it's bad points so we don't always expect perfection. I would not hesitate to go back again and may even book to go back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel and Hotels.com so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay