We stayed at the Grand Plaza Hotel from 8th-17th May and had a great holiday. The staff cannot do enough for you and we particularly warmed to Effat in the restaurant who is literally the best waiter I have ever come across. All of the English animation team were friendly and Zara in guest relations dealt with any concerns or issues promptly and professionally. The staff make this hotel one to revisit and due to this it would be lovely to see Zara and the Animation team dining with guests in the Main restaurant however I can only assume they eat elsewhere. The cleanliness of the hotel is impressive & fresh towels are provided on a daily basis. I was expecting more food choices as many reviews raved about the variety, however I think we were just unlucky as the most recent chef has now left and I was assured this would improve. Breakfast Omelettes and Fried Eggs were available along with lovely Croissants, Pancakes and Fresh Bread. Lunch choices were very limited to a daily dish of meat in a sauce with rice however there is an option to have a pasta of your choice made up for you which I took advantage of daily. The Egyptian Traditional food section was a refreshing change and was lovely to experience the traditional dishes.
The all-inclusive drinks finish at 11pm however we were surprised to find a decent Gin and real Schwepps tonic water which we have never had in any other all inclusive. The hotel provide a selection of cocktails along with other spirits & beer throughout the day. Be careful of the balcony doors – Myself and my partner managed to lock ourselves out on the first evening as they lock automatically! Outside the hotel are a row of shops however I recommend taking a short taxi ride to Hard Rock Café in an evening & having a look around the shops around the main area of Nabq bay where there is a lot less hassle. The hotel also provide a free trip to Soho Square on a Tuesday which is well worth a visit and a stunning place to have a hassle-free shop.
Overall this hotel absolutely exceeded our expectations, even given a couple of glitches which are bound to be fixed. The Sharm Grand Plaza really does listen to feedback and acts on it which is what makes it such a great hotel. We will definitely be returning and hope to see even more improvements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay