Sharm Grand Plaza
US$111
US$54
US$200
  • Pool
Parrotel Aqua Park(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$67
  • Pool
US$75
4,668 results
All reviewsluna baranimation teamduty managerrelaxing holidaypastaspecial thanksmain restaurantbeach barcoral reefkids clubheated pooljettysharmtippoolsentertainmentsunbeds
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Me and my boyfriend had an amazing holiday and are going back for 2 weeks in september and i can't wait. Most of the things were ok about the resort . The food was always not up to standard but there was always something there that you could eat and the night entertainment was mostly in russian. The entertainment staff were always friendly and encouraging you to get involved there was lots of activities to do during the day. The hotel staff were always friendly i dont think i met one staff member that didn't speak to me and we esspecially got on with the barman Ahmed he was lovely he wouldn't let us queue for our drinks at the bar and he would look for us round the pool to bring us drinks . I found that the hotel was always clean and you always saw staff cleaning the hotel or the gardens. We had an amazing holiday and wouldn't of changed anything about it and i really didn't want to leave!, my boyfriend did catch a tummy bug but we don't know whether that was the food or drink! The only big problem was the mosqitoes as they eat my boyfriend alive!. The only thing that did dissappoint me was that we weren't able to hire our room for longer before we left and ther wasn't rooms you could change in if you had a late flight! I can't wait to go back and would advise anyone to go to Sharm grand plaza resort as i had a fantastic experience and can't wait to do it again!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

my family and I ( husband , 3 kids aged 6,8, 15) and my in laws came home yesterday.We had a fabulous holiday.The hotel was very clean, rooms huge and cleaned everyday.The food was a bit hit or miss but overall it was fine. The entertainment was a bit of a let down but at least there was something going on everynite. The smaller kids were catered for well but as the guests were largely italian or russian/polish the animation team spoke mainly in itailian or russian. A few guests spoke to us and said that food poisoning was a worry. From our experiece this was not as big a problem as reported on previous reviews. If you couple hot sun, a new diet and alcohol do you really expect to not have a gippy tummy for a little spell???
The staff were very friendly, yes poolside they do push trips and massages , but, if you are polite, engage in a little banter with them they soon get the message and will just stop and talk for a while. We were in hysterics at many of the staff and shop owners and their chat and banter really did make it a great holiday. This is egypt if you want to be left alone and not chat with the locals then stay home. This is my fourth time to egypt and the overall standard of our holiday ws very good. If you expect 5 star british standard thern you will be disappointed I would give it a 4 star equivalent and definatly recomend it to a friend. hope this review helps. Donna

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dmh40
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We arrived at the hotel Around 11pm , checked in and asked where we could eat. Ha ha ha eat in this hotel?
We were told no food then were directed to dodgy salad and uncovered meats that were dry and crispy.
This was the beginning of our hellish holiday.
Room was lovely clean and stylish featuring 2 king beds tv and fridge .
No Coffee making facilities. To get a kettle you have to pay 10 euros for this.
No use of an iron is available you will have to call laundry and you will be charged for pressing.
We had room 6304 which is situated at the back of the complex great sea views and nice balcony.
But not recommended for those who have difficulty ascending stairs .
Now the staff we found were rude obnoxios and were disintersted unles you tipped all the time .

The food was often cold and un appetising same food on rotation every other day .if you are a veggie don't bother With this hotel
the chefs were helpful but food is really of poor quality now if like me you expect 5 star service in a 5 star hotel avoid this one !
If you wish too lose weight through gastroentiritis then go here. My Hubby was really poorly and the dr costs 70 English pounds without drugs.
Be forewarned this hotel is really not what it
makes itself out to be .
I'd you want 5 star pay for it elsewhere
you won't find it here that's a promises
butbottled water do not drink water from dispensers
alchohol is of very poor quality
when. Hotel offers you anything you wish from the hotel or shops to keep your mouth shut then you really should worry wewereoffered this.
Having tummy problems is not a normal illness to aquire abroad
be pre warnedwespoke to over 100 people who had all been I'll some hospitalised and on drips !

Reviewed 2 April 2010

What a really nice hotel - my Star rating would be 3 & half. Room was excellent, Pools and beach again excellent. Food on the buffet side was repeatative but always something to eat. Specials were always overdone - Tuna - Steak - Fish which was a pity as the Hotel did try to give a choice on their Live cooking counters. Drinks : well inside the Rivera Restuarant you got your spirits on one side and then a walk to the other side for juices, outside there were two bars - at the two poolside one at top of hotel and one at the bottom of Hotel, they did serve excellent Cocktails but no Wine, you can only get that within the Restuarants. This is the only Hotel that I have found the Reception Bar was not all inclusive ??
This hotel was a bit disjointed as the Bars were quite a distance from the limited entertainment.
The Beach side of the Hotel during the day we found best, always loungers the Beach Bar was excellent - should have kept this open at night - and the Grill Restuarant was also excellent at Lunch time.
Overall we got what we wanted - plenty of Sun and Relaxation.
Look forward to trying another Sharm Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hosky75
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We stayed here for the last two weeks of March with our two year old. The grounds, gardens and pools are beautiful and well kept. Loads of space (it is 1km to walk the path round the perimeter) and lots for kids and adults to do. The hotels is about 70% Italian, 30%Polish/Russian/British. We never experienced any rude guests, and were on friendly nodding terms with other holiday makers despite any language differences.

Also no stomach upsets at all, but we did drink lots of water and didn't touch the spirits. Tried all the food, so no problems there.

The Room-
We booked a standard garden view which was the cheapest available to us. It is the biggest standard room I have ever stayed in. Two queen size beds with room to spare in between and each side. Spacious bathroom with lots of shelf storage for bits and pieces. We were ground floor and had a terrace that went straight on to the garden. Great for our two year old to play in. TV with some UK channels (news etc, Fox Movies and childrens cartoons).

We were above the quiet pool(Nino Pool) which had plenty loungers, beds with canopies and an adult and kiddie side to the pool. The pools are cold, but you may need this when it starts to get really hot there. No sellers of services round this pool at all.

Meals - we ate mainly in the Palmera Restaurant buffet for breakfast and dinner, and the Grill House on the beach for lunch. The food is average to good and we always found something to eat.Lots of salads and nice breads and always a carvery style meat dish in the evening. I think people maybe expect a little too much of buffet style meals. We had fresh omelettes or scrambled eggs every day and lovely croissants. The Grill House and the Pool Bars are the only places that serve french fries over lunchtimes only, so no chips during evening meal service if this is what your children like.

Pink Wave Animation Team -
These guys are fabulous. A mix of Italians/Polish/other nationalities. Jonny,Jack,Roger,Monica and Elena you made our holiday. The shows they put on were hilarious, entertaining and often skillful. Jonny and Monica were great dancers. My husband played football, volleyball, stretching classes and we saw most of the shows. Our wee boy loved the mini disco every night and the team were all so sweet to him. He loved to watch the daily dancing on the beach at 12. They also seem to remember everyones name which is incredible. 10/10 for their efforts and genuine all round niceness. When you have small children it makes a big difference.

The Beach - plenty of beds when we were there and a nice jetty to snorkel off. Fish amazing, but please pay attention to the guard on duty. He is there for everyones safety and the amount of people walking on the coral was unbelievable.

Now the reason for chalking off a star, and maybe the hotel will take note. Drinks service.....erratic to say the least but to summarise.

Lobby Bar - beautiful but empty with two guys polishing glasses. What a waste of a nice space, but I don't want to pay 2 quid for a cappucino in an all inclusive hotel. I think they should just give up and make this part of the all inclusive, or lower their prices to a token charge.

Restaurant Drinks Service - only place you could get wine without paying. I don't drink beer or spirits so outwith my meal times I couldn't have a drink. Why don't they serve red wine in the Lyalina Bar, who knows! Also they kept running out of glasses.

Pool Bars - Other all inclusive hotels I have stayed at have the juice machine on the bar for people to help themselves for children. Not here. I often had to wait in a queue of people ordering cocktails, beers etc just to get one cup of juice. It would cut down on queues of they moved the juice machine

Grill House - No non fizzy juice at all! Its on the beach,children, babies are thirsty and they only have fizzy drinks. Not advisable for small kiddies. So when we had a meal here, we had to find a table, get our food then trail back out to the beach bar for soft (non fizzy) drinks. Mad! Sort it out.

It's a little thing that shouldn't take much for the hotel to sort out. We would definately return if we could get a similiar deal again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family