“Fantastic Hotel For The Price”
Review of Sharm Grand Plaza

Sharm Grand Plaza
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 16 April 2010

We had a great holiday and its a lovely hotel. Very clean with lovely staff - do give a few tips early on in your holiday and you will not regret it.

Food - nice and always somthing to eat. The grill near the beach was a lunchtime favorite.
Drink - local egyption spirits are not great but they can make some great cocktails with them, larger is very nice and the red wine (mealtimes was delicious)

Location was great as most things are in hotel, we went to Naama bay twice and its cost £6 each way for 4 people - make sure you haggle and hold on tight. Oh use taxi's out side of hotel.

Closer is soho square with some lovely restaurant (you pay for it though) but we had a wonderful indian meal there.

This is a 5* hotel but Egypt 5* and so just remeber you get what you pay for.

Would go back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SouthamptonClaire
There are newer reviews for Sharm Grand Plaza

Reviewed 16 April 2010

Despite previous reviews, I went ahead and booked this hotel as I got a good deal. I wish I'd headed some of the previous warnings though. When we arrived at 10.30pm it all seemed really impressive. However, the bars all close at 11pm and although we got a quick drink and some hot food, the only other drink available was the water in our room or room service. The food was repetitive and the beach bar only served chicken, chips, rice and 1 alternative each day. The main restaurant was a shambles. You had to queue for ages for drinks and at breakfast you were lucky to find a teacup, and when you did, the tea and coffee were dreadful - we even saw the tea urn being topped up from a bucket the waiter had bought from the kitchens and it looked like dishwater. Our room was clean and tidy, but one of the towels was filthy dirty. The entertainment in the evening was shocking, and it appears that most guests get up early to reserve their sunbeds and then go bed by 9.00pm as their is nothing to do in the evening unless you want suffer with the 50 or so guests that stick around in the hope the entertainment is better than the night before. The staff are constantly cleaning everywhere - which is good - but some of the bar staff are so rude and lacking any manners, but maybe that's because some guests forget to say please and thank you! I gave the bell boy £2 for carrying our suitcases and he asked for more money for his friend - cheeky sod! I gave the cleaner money and he also asked for more by offering me £7 for a £10 note! Wine is only served at the restaurants and the All Inclusive alcohol smells like paint stripper - I had a dry week. The quad biking was brilliant however, as was the Tiran Island Trip, but the coach drivers are maniacs. I had to sit in the front on the way back from quad biking and the driver went the wrong way so turned round and went on the wrong side of the dual carriageway heading towards the traffic, then drove over the central reservation to get on the right side. Then he drove with his headlights off and I don't know how he saw where he was going, or perhaps he did what I did, shut his eyes and prayed. Thank God the bar was still open when we got back! I would not recommend this hotel but would recommend the previous 2 we have stayed at: the Jaz Mirabel and The Albatross, although Reception told me they now have a new manager who started while we were there and he is English - so maybe he will sit back observe, and sort it out in due course. Our private taxi to take us to the airport was 45 mins late, so make sure you check and double check timings, as no-one is around to help. Our flight was delayed 4 hours, but the Koral Blue airhostess said it was meant to leave at 12 midday and not 8.00am as listed on our tickets. Don't know what to think about this but just glad in the end to board and get home. Sorry if you are reading this and going there any day soon - I'm just glad we flew back the day before the volcanic ash storm as I couldn't have faced another day at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank blueflinders
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Our first experience with an all-inclusive could not be any better. Very friendly staff, always stating that they want to do what was best/easiest for us.
Family room was great, an additional toilet separate from the bathroom would have made it perfect, but did not cause too much inconvenience.
The cleaner did his job greatly and surprised us with all kind of towel sculptures like swans and crocodiles which was a great joy for our children and we had a hard time to say goodbye.
We spend most of our time on the Nino pool where we received great service from Mohammed Ahmed who was responsible for the towels, the cleanliness and any other requests.
Allthough the Italians and Russians were in the minority according to the headcount from the reception their behaviour made them look like to be all over the place.

Greet access to the reef from a pier, very small beach accessable without the coral. Excellent for snorkling.
We had great food for breakfast, lunch and diner.
No insects in the evening.

Just swimming gear and relax.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2010

POSITIVES
we went to this hotel and had a brilliant time, cannot fault the hotel cleanliness or staff. the food was fine although a little repetitive, but always something to eat for even the fussiest eater like myself. i highly recommend the grill house bar on the beach for lunch and also the italian restuarant within the hotel complex.
i would also recommend the quad biking trip and the snorkelling trip both very good.

NEGATIVES
if you leave the hotel be very wary of the taxi drivers, on several occasions they tried to rip us off and one taxi driver became very agressive with us - a tip would be to haggle a price before getting in and if possible have the correct money in the smaller denominations to pay the texi driver the agreed amount so that they can rip you off when you are waiting for change. because when we changed our money up on the uk they onloy gave us 100 notes so we always had to wait for change.

another negative is that we thought we would have a meal in soho square, but when we arrived the men were unable to come with us for a meal as they wernt in shirt, tie and trousers so if you would like to go there make sure the men are dressed accordingly.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Me and my boyfriend had an amazing holiday and are going back for 2 weeks in september and i can't wait. Most of the things were ok about the resort . The food was always not up to standard but there was always something there that you could eat and the night entertainment was mostly in russian. The entertainment staff were always friendly and encouraging you to get involved there was lots of activities to do during the day. The hotel staff were always friendly i dont think i met one staff member that didn't speak to me and we esspecially got on with the barman Ahmed he was lovely he wouldn't let us queue for our drinks at the bar and he would look for us round the pool to bring us drinks . I found that the hotel was always clean and you always saw staff cleaning the hotel or the gardens. We had an amazing holiday and wouldn't of changed anything about it and i really didn't want to leave!, my boyfriend did catch a tummy bug but we don't know whether that was the food or drink! The only big problem was the mosqitoes as they eat my boyfriend alive!. The only thing that did dissappoint me was that we weren't able to hire our room for longer before we left and ther wasn't rooms you could change in if you had a late flight! I can't wait to go back and would advise anyone to go to Sharm grand plaza resort as i had a fantastic experience and can't wait to do it again!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

my family and I ( husband , 3 kids aged 6,8, 15) and my in laws came home yesterday.We had a fabulous holiday.The hotel was very clean, rooms huge and cleaned everyday.The food was a bit hit or miss but overall it was fine. The entertainment was a bit of a let down but at least there was something going on everynite. The smaller kids were catered for well but as the guests were largely italian or russian/polish the animation team spoke mainly in itailian or russian. A few guests spoke to us and said that food poisoning was a worry. From our experiece this was not as big a problem as reported on previous reviews. If you couple hot sun, a new diet and alcohol do you really expect to not have a gippy tummy for a little spell???
The staff were very friendly, yes poolside they do push trips and massages , but, if you are polite, engage in a little banter with them they soon get the message and will just stop and talk for a while. We were in hysterics at many of the staff and shop owners and their chat and banter really did make it a great holiday. This is egypt if you want to be left alone and not chat with the locals then stay home. This is my fourth time to egypt and the overall standard of our holiday ws very good. If you expect 5 star british standard thern you will be disappointed I would give it a 4 star equivalent and definatly recomend it to a friend. hope this review helps. Donna

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dmh40
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We arrived at the hotel Around 11pm , checked in and asked where we could eat. Ha ha ha eat in this hotel?
We were told no food then were directed to dodgy salad and uncovered meats that were dry and crispy.
This was the beginning of our hellish holiday.
Room was lovely clean and stylish featuring 2 king beds tv and fridge .
No Coffee making facilities. To get a kettle you have to pay 10 euros for this.
No use of an iron is available you will have to call laundry and you will be charged for pressing.
We had room 6304 which is situated at the back of the complex great sea views and nice balcony.
But not recommended for those who have difficulty ascending stairs .
Now the staff we found were rude obnoxios and were disintersted unles you tipped all the time .

The food was often cold and un appetising same food on rotation every other day .if you are a veggie don't bother With this hotel
the chefs were helpful but food is really of poor quality now if like me you expect 5 star service in a 5 star hotel avoid this one !
If you wish too lose weight through gastroentiritis then go here. My Hubby was really poorly and the dr costs 70 English pounds without drugs.
Be forewarned this hotel is really not what it
makes itself out to be .
I'd you want 5 star pay for it elsewhere
you won't find it here that's a promises
butbottled water do not drink water from dispensers
alchohol is of very poor quality
when. Hotel offers you anything you wish from the hotel or shops to keep your mouth shut then you really should worry wewereoffered this.
Having tummy problems is not a normal illness to aquire abroad
be pre warnedwespoke to over 100 people who had all been I'll some hospitalised and on drips !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#94 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Aurora Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Sharm Grand Plaza? Share your experiences!