“Lovely holiday”

Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from my 2nd stay at The Amwaj. As soon as I set foot in the hotel I was greeted with a smile and a greeting of welcome back. I went with a friend who has never been to Egypt she was pleasantly surprised. This hotel does have a large amount of Russian guests who you have to unfortunately get used to their rudeness. The hotel is trying so hard to please English guests there is an English only restaurant that you can eat in for breakfast and dinner run by an amazing guy and his staff, thank you for making us feel special. There are also other restaurants to eat in aswell should you choose to. The staff overall everywhere are so friendly and several of them were there last year (which is a good sign). There are too many to mention to say thank you from El-Sharkawy Wahd the pool guy, our cleaner, the funny staff in the Soweto Bar and not forgetting Ahmed Elagamy who made my holiday unforgettable. Please could I have the same room when I return in July.

One good point about this hotel is that you can actually walk outside the hotel to the shops you are not isolated atall. Alternatively you can walk along the path that runs along the gardens of all the hotels that are located on the beach.

Only grumble would be the disposable plastic cups they serve your drink in they are too small.

I would recommend this hotel to a group, couples and families there is something for everyone.

One more BIG thank you to Tom, Shelbie and Nicole oh and not forgetting Charlie who are part of The Animation Team. I do agree with a previous comment from someone else please let these guys sit down when they talk to guests they do a brilliant job and are 10 out of 10 for their get up and go and you should be proud of them. You were lucky my friend and I nearly adopted Tom and wanted to bring him home. Tom think you should start doing the aerobics classes the one you did for 4 of us one day round the pool was hilarious.

Oh not forgetting the spa had 3 massages with a lady called Engy who was fantastic aswell.

All in all just counting the days till I am back at this hotel and I can't wait. One more person who I nearly forgot is the Recreation Manager whose name I have forgotten I am so sorry

See you all soon !!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Sally642013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

my wife and I recently spent two weeks in this hotel be advise if you are handicapped or infirm
its not for you. there are no lifts or ramps and stairs everywhere. the general walking areas are in a state of disrepair,the bathrooms are tired and need replacing,as are the furnishings and curtains.the only saving grace are the staff they were wonderful. the new management are trying their best to bring the hotel up to standard but it will be a long haul.i would say at least 2 years and I would advise anyone trying to sell this hotel as 5 star need to think long and hard.as for the food if you are a BRIT then the terrace restaurant is the best bet as it is BRIT ONLY quiet and clean .C and B

Room Tip: no lift noise because there are none.as far away from the disco as possible
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robert a

Travellers are raving about these Nabq Bay hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

On arival first thoughts were everything I was expecting pools beach and sun.

Within no time I was made to feel very welcome by the animation team, especially shelby and masha thank you. They were always working hard to make sure the stay was fun and entertaining.

Plenty of avents to do during the day and peaceful areas to relax. onsite night time entrainment is worth going to, and I would definitely suggest going out to the clubs with the anamtion team where there still going strong to make your stay as good as possible.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Colin P
norwich
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here in early February this year, was worried after reading the previous reviews, but didn't need to as it was one the most relaxed holidays I've ever taken. Food in the terrace was first class as was the service, ate in the top restaurant once,it was ok, but I'm not a blonde single female, so was completely ignored by the waiting staff. Apart from the main restuarant all the staff were really friendly and polite, would like to thank mustaffa, gave top quality service, always polite & smiling, even when dealing with rude Russian & English drunks. Great place to chill & enjoy the sun, met some great people & can't wait to back next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank whufc73
Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner booked hotel for 2 weeks after 9 days booked our selves out bathroom very dirty mould around bath shower curtain had god knows what on it. We are from Scotland booked 5 star be lucky to be a 3 back home food in up stair restaurant terrible full of Russians what a dive stay away we booked or selfs in to Radisson blue for our last 5 days know that is 5 star loved. Please if you are British stay away from this place it's a DUMP.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank craig w
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

we were 6. and everything began from giving us bracelets,we entered the dining rooom and were shocked , food was wonderful, and beer was also wonderful and garden is wonderful, and there is a kalian tent on the beach which is also wonerful.we will return in winter. I hope there will be a lot of people.

Room Tip: corner suites are large an sunny, you should stay near the pool and if you have a look on the sea it...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gora1992
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here May 23-30 travelling with my partner and 1 year old . Firstly the stuff were lovely and they seem to adore my son and he loved the attention. The beach was never over packed and lots of loungers, hotel grounds were kept clean and tidy but bins could do with being empted twice a day . Food was ok and we loooved the English restaurant and ate there most of the time (Mc Ds and KFC about 10 mins walk from hotel) We didnt try the others as we couldn't be bothered to book them . Can't comment on the day /evening entertainment as we went to bed early and 1 year old son was more interested in the beach during the day . Bathroom was very clean but needs some serious serious updating!

BIG WARNING! !!! . This is nothting to do with the hotel but please when you arrive at the airport tell staff weather you are do excursions or not . I wasn't wared about this prior to going and ended up paying £60 for 3 visas I didn't need !!! I eas so angry when I was told at the hotel by guests that I had been ripped off. YOU DO NOT NEED A VISA IF YOU ARE NOT DOING EXCURSIONS TO CAIRIO ETC. Before you hand over any money ask them what it is for first . So many people have been ripped off this way and it has to stop!!!!!!.
Anyway hotel is really nice snd the Russians were no problem us, yes they love a good drink but they never interrupted our holiday and was no trouble at all . Oh ! and there was a local shop near the Mc D that sold alot of uK products so we stocked up our fridge with yummy snacks .

Will deffo go again and recommend for a week off relaxation.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Joyce B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#91 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland
Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland
#57 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,249 reviews

Been to Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!