“Confusing all inclusive package but lovely hotel”

Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Confusing all inclusive package but lovely hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have just arrived back after a week's stay in this hotel. Firstly, I want to start on the positives... the pool is amazing and so is the beach and sunbeds. The bed was very comfortable and the view from our room over the pool and beach was lovely. Only thing i would say is the bathroom could do with updating, well in our room only really the bath itself, mirrors and hairdryer etc were great. Staff were mostly great, cleaners and waiters etc. were very tentative.

Our main and only real problem was the food and all inclusive package which has left us disappointed (and hungry!) however I have just been reading some of the recent reviews so I am very confused now as it seems it is only us that has had problems! We were given information on arrival about where we could eat etc. No mention of the Terrace Restaurant at all so on our first night we ended up in the Ouyon, which just caters for the Russian guests - we were so hungry we went to the reception to ask where we could get a snack and only then did we find out about the Terrace Restaurant, we went there and had dinner, the food was great and staff were brilliant. On the sheet it said that breakfast was served in the main restaurant so we went there, again only catering for Russian guests so we skipped breakfast - we only found out the the Terrace served breakfast on day 4 and when we did have it there it was great! Lunch, again I have no idea apart from the pool bar and main restaurant where you can eat, we thought you could eat at the beach bar but there was never anyone serving food there just drinks so we only ate at the pool bar, the food was good but not much variety for the week. Soweto bar according to our sheet was all inclusive after 10pm, we went and there twice and were told both times we couldn't have a drink on our all inclusive package and would have to pay. So all in all we are still confused, some of the reviews say you can eat in places that we couldn't when we were there. We barely ate in the hotel or drank in the evenings, the wine you could only drink with a meal in the restaurant and it was a battle to get a drink in amongst the Russians at the little bar in the corner! We met with hotel staff half way through the week and told them all of this and they still didn't explain to us where we could and couldn't eat/drink just listened to what we had to say and then told us about their 'Be a Sultan' package, so we gave up and ate out and went to Soho Square for drinks. I think they need to make it clearer what is available. I wouldn't stay again as when we book an all inclusive package we want to be able to eat/drink pretty much when you want and what you want not hunt out food and drink and for it to be so restrictive! Would be interested to hear anyone else opinion about where we/if went wrong on this!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank KezHardy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
salford, manchester
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel in october 13 and were very impressed with the layout, pools and all-iclusive services especially at the beach bar where there were different lunch meals such as kebabs and grilld chicken.

The room was very nice - we were upgraded to a suite.

There is a wide selection if souvenirs and goods to buy from the on site shops.

Table service is efficient and the staff get to know your tipple very quickly so the service feels personal!!

The food in the main buffet hall is not all that varied or special but it is ok.

My main concern is the lack of sufficient lighting around the hotel grounds at night as you cannt always see ehere you are walking and this seemed quite dangerous in some areas.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank luca0407
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Returned from my 2nd visit this year & had a great time.we were greeted with friendly staff on reception including ahmed el agamy & his staff,the room was exactly what we wanted over looking the pool,bathroom a little tired but very clean.The animation team do a really good job to get you involved in the activities but no pressue,TOM,Nicole & yan are the best.Recreation team,ABDO,SAYEED,OMAR & the rest of the lads are really friendly & nothing is too much trouble for them.The english restaurant is the best idea this hotel has had,at least you can eat in peace instead of being in with the rude & loud russians,The food is lovely Thanks to nabil & anwar For the laughs we had.The only downside is having to pay for wine outside of the restaurants it should be all inclusive & i dont like these little plastic glasses that the drinks are served in,we had a few issues which claire from guest relations soon had sorted,& A thank you to osama & talaat from security that keep the russians in order.cant wait to return later in the year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank vicky440
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from my 2nd stay at The Amwaj. As soon as I set foot in the hotel I was greeted with a smile and a greeting of welcome back. I went with a friend who has never been to Egypt she was pleasantly surprised. This hotel does have a large amount of Russian guests who you have to unfortunately get used to their rudeness. The hotel is trying so hard to please English guests there is an English only restaurant that you can eat in for breakfast and dinner run by an amazing guy and his staff, thank you for making us feel special. There are also other restaurants to eat in aswell should you choose to. The staff overall everywhere are so friendly and several of them were there last year (which is a good sign). There are too many to mention to say thank you from El-Sharkawy Wahd the pool guy, our cleaner, the funny staff in the Soweto Bar and not forgetting Ahmed Elagamy who made my holiday unforgettable. Please could I have the same room when I return in July.

One good point about this hotel is that you can actually walk outside the hotel to the shops you are not isolated atall. Alternatively you can walk along the path that runs along the gardens of all the hotels that are located on the beach.

Only grumble would be the disposable plastic cups they serve your drink in they are too small.

I would recommend this hotel to a group, couples and families there is something for everyone.

One more BIG thank you to Tom, Shelbie and Nicole oh and not forgetting Charlie who are part of The Animation Team. I do agree with a previous comment from someone else please let these guys sit down when they talk to guests they do a brilliant job and are 10 out of 10 for their get up and go and you should be proud of them. You were lucky my friend and I nearly adopted Tom and wanted to bring him home. Tom think you should start doing the aerobics classes the one you did for 4 of us one day round the pool was hilarious.

Oh not forgetting the spa had 3 massages with a lady called Engy who was fantastic aswell.

All in all just counting the days till I am back at this hotel and I can't wait. One more person who I nearly forgot is the Recreation Manager whose name I have forgotten I am so sorry

See you all soon !!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Sally642013
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

my wife and I recently spent two weeks in this hotel be advise if you are handicapped or infirm
its not for you. there are no lifts or ramps and stairs everywhere. the general walking areas are in a state of disrepair,the bathrooms are tired and need replacing,as are the furnishings and curtains.the only saving grace are the staff they were wonderful. the new management are trying their best to bring the hotel up to standard but it will be a long haul.i would say at least 2 years and I would advise anyone trying to sell this hotel as 5 star need to think long and hard.as for the food if you are a BRIT then the terrace restaurant is the best bet as it is BRIT ONLY quiet and clean .C and B

Room Tip: no lift noise because there are none.as far away from the disco as possible
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robert a

Travellers are raving about these Nabq Bay hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

On arival first thoughts were everything I was expecting pools beach and sun.

Within no time I was made to feel very welcome by the animation team, especially shelby and masha thank you. They were always working hard to make sure the stay was fun and entertaining.

Plenty of avents to do during the day and peaceful areas to relax. onsite night time entrainment is worth going to, and I would definitely suggest going out to the clubs with the anamtion team where there still going strong to make your stay as good as possible.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Colin P
norwich
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here in early February this year, was worried after reading the previous reviews, but didn't need to as it was one the most relaxed holidays I've ever taken. Food in the terrace was first class as was the service, ate in the top restaurant once,it was ok, but I'm not a blonde single female, so was completely ignored by the waiting staff. Apart from the main restuarant all the staff were really friendly and polite, would like to thank mustaffa, gave top quality service, always polite & smiling, even when dealing with rude Russian & English drunks. Great place to chill & enjoy the sun, met some great people & can't wait to back next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank whufc73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#93 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland
Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland
#58 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,249 reviews

Been to Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!