“a hotel to steer clear of”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 30 January 2014

what a let down this hotel turned out to be .we chose it because it carried the famous RADISSON name what a mistake ,we had the pool supervisor ,along with his friend the room cleaner pestering us on our second day while we were trying to relax by the pool ,with them insisting my daughter accompany them to our room ,to see what a good job he had done ,whilst telling us he had two small children to support .The dinning room ,what a disgrace chipped cups and bowls ,broken chairs and flies everywhere,but worst of all my 12yr old grandsons ipod was stolen from our room on the last day of our holiday ,we reported it to the management immeadiatly .On our return to England my daughter in law was contacted by the manager offering us a complimentary holiday ,the next day we asked for a confirmation email to verify this ,to which he replied ,he only offered a complimentary room upgrade . The pool area ,well where do I start .the lazy river wasnot working all the ten days we were there ,the slide,s were only turned on at various times one went on then two were turned of on one occasion a man badly cut his foot whilst getting out of the pool ,and we watched in amazement as the pool attendant washed the blood back into the pool ,if anyone is thinking of booking this hotel then I implore you to think again

Room Tip: away from the entertainment tent
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank june f
Samy B, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear june f,
Many thanks for the time that you have taken to share your experiences and comments in the Trip Advisor Review following your stay at our resort.

Furthermore, you have mentioned that the service in the restaurant is poor, however no single complaints (from the restaurants) received from you until the day of your departure, which we assumed that everything went all right. In fact I have personally advised our Managers every morning meetings to take good care of you. Should your complaints have been raised to any of our Restaurant Managers during your stay, we would definitely take the necessary action to it.

We are sorry to learn that you didn’t retrieve one of your belonging from your room. This doesn’t by any mean imply that it has been stolen as you will be surprised of the number of items misplaced that we do get back.

For all what had happened from our staff, especially during your rest on swimming pool, our front office was asking you upon your departure about your stay and you never raised any issues like this. “Everything was fine, perfect, and nothing except my Ipod. And you said that you will come back in October, this is WHY? we offered the free upgrade to meet your satisfaction.”

I would like to inform you that we have taken well note of the comments seriously and would be shared and discussed to the Department Heads concerned and they will be addressed and rectified accordingly.

Again, may I take this opportunity to thank you again for staying with us?

Samy Bindary, Hotel Manager.
Samy.bindary@rezidorparkinn.com

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Well where do I start, we booked our wedding blessing here which was on the 3rd January 2014, we officially married in England as it's quite complicated to marry in egypt and we decided we would have a blessing and take all the family and treat the blessing as our wedding day, from arriving we were made to feel so welcome, we have been before and know some of the staff and they were so . helpful all the wedding arrangements were made via e mail with Mr Gerges who was an absolute star . We were all upgraded and myself and my partner were given a suite at no extra cost, The wedding day was amazing, we were sent breakfast and lunch to our rooms, the blessing took place in a gazebo at the side of the pool which was decorated with voiles and flowers. Carpets were put down chairs set out with. Lovely covers on ,the priest read a lovely service and we had a lady singing I between the priest reading, cocktails were all around for us all and the photographer took absolutely loads of photos, before we went inside we were surprised by a man playing a flute and all the hotel staff were dancing around us, we then went to the room for the evening entertainment and it was spectacular, all ican say is it was like a winter wonderland, we had a smoke machine on as we walked in and the whole room was decorated in white , there was even a chaise longe in Front of the dance floor, the room was lit up and it felt very Christmassy and winterish , we had a live singer on and a belly dancer and the animation team did a show for us,,loved the animation team they made such an effort and were so friendly, Shelly pounds, kaz Leigh , chipsy Kelly maxwell, Jamaica all the staff were great, I cannot compliment the hotel enough they far exceeded our excpectations and the whole day ran like clockwork. Thanks also to Mr Samy the hotel manager who oversaw everything and made us feel so welcome, I would definetly go back to this hotel, the staff make such an effort with every one , the rooms are big and clean the food is good, only thing we weren't over keen on was the spirits but we know they not the sAme as the uk and we know to take some with us from duty free, position of the hotel is great there are supermarket and shops either side of hotel and beach is just over road through a hotel and a few min walk and it's sister hotel top ark inn so you can use,there,bar on the beach for free. All I can say is I had an amazing day and have some great memories.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank jewlsc
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Visited Jan 2014 just for a week.
We were greeted warmly right from the start, firstly by the meet and greet from the coach, then to the reception staff, then the bell boy, this just carried on for the whole week.
The room was lovely, very clean and looked out over an unused dolphin fountain. (this was my only let down, wish it had been on and lit). I am sure as the resort got busier then this would be on. Lovely towel sculptures each day.
Food - Lovely... Always a great choice, and even the fussiest would find something at each sitting. Varied each day. Breakfast porridge to be recommended. All hot food is covered and cold food refrigerated. Obvious use of bottled water in the bars and restaurant.
Bar - We mainly used the upstairs bar in the evenings, due to January and the temp dropping and becoming chilly. We never had an empty glass in front of us. The beer isn't very strong at all, but the spirits are plentiful. They don't taste quite right though, i ended up drinking white rum and not my usual vodka, but hey ho, it was nice. The pool bars were as attentive too.
The beach towel loan system is 2nd to non. You can exchange all day, never having to take a wet towel up with you, just the card to claim your clean one in the morning.
Entertainment - We travelled as a couple in our 40s, we were happy with the music in the bar and the odd night of karaoke. The entertainment staff however do run a kids club and follow that with a show each night, we didn't really take much advantage of this, so don't want to comment about something I don't know.
Other - We had a problem with our shower head. They changed the whole head before we came back in for the evening on the day we reported it! I was bitten badly by mosquito's and the staff bent over backwards to get me some cream to treat the wounds. My partners celebrated his birthday whilst we were away, the staff were amazing! We had zulu warriors dancing and a lovely cake. Quite a shock really how far they went to make a fuss.
Would we go back? YES PLEASE

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
samy b, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear Guest

We would like to pass our utmost appreciation and thanks for issuing your very positive review regarding your recent stay at our Park Inn Resort.

We are more than happy, that Park inn team with our service and facilities could make your stay memorable, and you spend enjoyable time with us,

We will be very happy, if we can be your host once again at your ‘Home away from Home” in the near future,

Warmest regards from the Park Inn Resort family.

.Best Regards
Samy Bindary
Samy.bindary@rezidorparkinn.com

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at the holiday inn from 21/1/2014 for one week the hotel has good food, great surroundings and is very clean but most of all the staff. The staff made the holiday we made so many friends from the staff they couldn't do enough for you from the restaurant to the bar to the pools. The little private beach was lovely and the water park was a great addition. On a negative note the evening entertainment in the Bedouin tent was poor, pathetic and extremely dull but other than that a great holiday. A final mention goes to the butterfly spa staff excellent service and very reasonably priced but most of all my friend Ahmed from the coral diving school in the hotel he sold us a great scuba diving trip a lot cheaper than others from the hotel and a great day out I hope this review helps

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for your positive feedback about your recent stay at our Park Inn Resort and for your kind support.

I would like to thank you personally about your constructive feed back during your recent stay, our dear guest feedback is very essential to improve our performance to meet your expectations,

Wishing to see you soon again at “your home away from home" me, and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is the second time we have been to this hotel and it won't be the last. What make this hotel one to return to is the people. They have great staff that just do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Some special mentions, Tamer Bekr did a great job and kept our room very clean with the addition of flowers which was nice. Down by the pool Gamil in the towel hut is a star and always had our sun beds ready for us each morning and Elsaye keiretsu in the lotus bar was fantastic. Always happy and a regular supply of cold drinks. I could not fault any of them especially the guys in the restaurant.
The food is plenty and pretty good, so you won't starve. Our room was an executive side, this is slightly bigger than others and has flat screen tv. Comfortable and spacious though we were hardly init. The grounds are large and well kept. The pools are numerous and a heaven for those with young kids (going to take our young nephews next time).
I was disappointed in the entertainment which is limited though wasn't a deal breaker for us. We will go again.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the executive rooms.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed for 14 nights at the beginning of January 2014 and would definitely go back.
I am gluten and lactose intolerant and was concerned about how I might approach all inclusive meal times. I needn't have been; the head chef, Mohammed Ashry, met me at lunch and dinner (breakfast was the same every day so there was no problem there) and talked me through everything I could and couldn't eat. If there was limited choice he would then make me something. The pastry chef even made me dessert one night, something I can rarely have when I go out to eat anywhere!
We felt really looked after by all the staff at the Park Inn, from the waiters and pool staff to the beach bus driver. Nothing was too much trouble and the children were given lots of attention and entertainment!
Our room was a good size and cleaned thoroughly every day. The children shared a sofa bed which wasn't particularly comfortable and was about a 4ft single bed size but we were given plenty of extra pillows and the sheets were regularly changed.
The temperature of the shower varied massively depending on what time you got in but the water pressure was good and the bathroom was clean. The safe and a drawer was broken but as we didn't mention it until the end of our stay the hotel couldn't do anything about it.
One complaint which I have already mentioned to the hotel: we were on our way back to our room one day (5pm ish) when we were met with a cloud of smoke. We ran our children back to our room and rang reception who told us it was a routine "mosquito fogger"- insecticide- and safe for humans. I suggested they might warn their guests in advance as it made my son feel queasy and my husband's throat itch.

Maha, the Egyptian lady who runs the Kid's club and the mini disco, is incredibly kind and energetic. Although we didn't use the Kid's club she recognised our children from the disco and always made an effort say hello and include them.

Room Tip: Rooms by the main pool are pretty noisy- we were in 7351 and could hear all the entertainment in the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 1Star1

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed at the park inn between the dates of january 19th to the 26th, and had an amazing holiday the weather was lovely, hotel was lovely and the staff and animation people were wonderful,lots to do in sharm, fully reccomend the scuba diving trip with Ahmed on site, was a wonderful experience for a good price, soho square another nice place to go to for shopping they have a no hassle policy there so you can shop with no problems, unlike Nama bay which was probably the only part do sharm we visited that I didnt enjoy lots of hassle, and a little be run down, now then to the hotel, one word amazing, food was lovely lots of choice for all the meals ate so much food whilst I was there, drinks were ok, local stuff, have to pay for the name brand stuff, hotel pools were lovely, one pool was heated which is where we spent most of our week, the other pool was to cold, lots of people were moaning about the other pool being to cold but it is there winter so it's not going to be boiling but the heated pool is absolutely fine, the rooms were lovely and the cleaners did a fantastic job cleaning the rooms, lots to do if you have children you probably wouldn't have to leave the hotel complex,and the great animation team will look after you for your whole stay, any problems we did have we went to them and they were very helpful, the staff at the hotel are super they work so hard and are super friendly could not fault them but I have to give a special mention to Gofran the barman mainly worked in the bar upstairs, and Mohammed the lifeguard who worked at the heated pool 2 lovely people who went out of there way to make our holiday even more amazing than it was, the only bad point of the holiday I think was our rep from you travel, we booked our trip with Ahmed on site and when he asked about trips we said we were fine cause we had already booked them, he then said we were only allowed trips with our rep, he then said he would get our money back and then we book with him even though he was charging nearly double for the same trip and he then gave us a an A4 piece of paper with lots of trips to book, the prices for all of the were so expensive, my advice do not books trips with you travel unless your happy being ripped off. All in all an amazing hotel amazing people,already looking at booking again for the summer same hotel.

1  Thank Paul O

Dear M. / Paul

I would like to express my deep appreciation for your nice feedback about Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh, I could not have asked for nicer comments.

I am writing to express my gratitude for your time and consideration in support of our efforts to provide memorable experience to our guests.

The entire staff of Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh is looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel, wishing we could provide better service during your coming vacation.

On behalf of the Park Inn family, I express heartfelt thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor.

Warmest regards from the Park Inn Resort family.

Samy Bindary

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
#69 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#94 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!