“3rd time visited”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have been to the Park Inn 3 times. First time 6 years ago, then again last September and both times we had 2 boys with us and lastly we have gone as just the wife and husband :-) The atmosphere of the hotel was spot on for us, beautiful landscaping, relaxing atmosphere and caring staff. On this trip we only wanted to chill and relax and that is exactly what we done. We took some trips out through our rep but didn't do a lot else which suited us. On our first visit the boys were about 10 and 12 and we stayed round by the aqua park pool. The boys were never bored. In September we took the youngest who is now 16 and his friend and again they were never bored. We let them go on a night out with the animation team and they looked after them and yes they may have had one or two drinks, which they checked with me before hand that they could, and had a fab time! We have just arrived home after going on our own and it was everything we were looking for.

The staff were lovely and helpful. The reception Manager Mohammed, the restaurant staff Emad, Hossam, El Hady and Hazem, the Lotus bar staff El Seyad and Mohammed to our cleaner and Shelly the customer relations manager, all couldn't do enough for you.

The food was ok, if you had a request for something different then the chef was happy to accommodate. We always found something to eat and were willing to try new dishes. Yes it is like a canteen and yes it can get busy, my advise is to either go as soon as it is open or wait until 7.30ish. We were eating the salad, cheese, mayo etc and didn't suffer any side effects......we had no complaints about the food or the selection on offer. Every evening you had chicken, beef or fish on offer in various forms and a bbq on the go outside.

Tips are relied on heavily and we were unsure on how much to give and when to give it. We gave little tips, either 5 or 10 Egyptian, throughout the 10 days then gave a bigger tip on our last day - 50 or 100 Egyptian (£5 or £10).

Nabq bay is a nightmare and I would avoid as you could get locked in a shop until you buy something or just hassled to death - try Soho Square as you do not get hassled or locked in and it is an upmarket shopping centre which is outside. You can have dinner/drinks and shop in relative peace and quiet - the water fountain goes off on the hour and it is beautiful to watch as the jets/water go off to music.

I would recommend this hotel and we plan on going back either later this year or early next year. Remember, you get what you paid for. Yes some of the rooms could be updated, yes the rush of lunch or dinner can be a pain in the butt but overall we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wooffi
Samy B, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Park Inn Sharm El Sheikh, and I highly appreciate the nice feedback you posted on TripAdvisor.
In deed we Cherish your valuable input as we consider our guests open and honest feedback as guidelines to shape our services.
Speaking on behalf of the entire family of Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El sheikh, we are looking forward to host you again soon and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.
Again thank you for your time and support

Please accept our best regards

samy.bindary@rezidorparkinn.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,932)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just got back from the Park Inn and had a fantastic holiday. Good location. The staff are so friendly, can't do enough for you. Special thanks to Mohamed for making us smile and putting our towels out every morning and Medhat for being such a great barman. The hotel is really nice, rooms are big and well furnished and the cleaners do their job well, had some great towel art. Food was ok, what you would expect of an all inclusive, always managed to find something to eat. The waiters work hard and always have a smile on their face, again very helpful. The reception staff were really helpful and friendly. The waterpark is great, enjoyed the evening entertainment around the pool, had fun down the slides and in the wave pool at night. Would be better if the cave night club started as soon as the evening entertainment finished. Snorkelling from the beach was great, lots of fish to see. Would recommend the diving and snorkelling trips that can be booked through the hotel (Royal Savoia Water Sports), thanks to Walid for arranging our dive trip and for sorting out the practice dive in the pool for our daughter, very helpful. Had an awesome day diving and snorkelling, saw so many different fish and a turtle! Gotta say the deliveries made by McDonalds are a great idea too!! Overall had a fantastic holiday and hope to return to the Park Inn in the future. Many thanks from the Cornells x

Room Tip: Family rooms are near to aquapark and have 2 bathrooms
3  Thank dontworrybhappy72
Samy B, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm writing to express how grateful we are for taking the time to post your feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh. We are proud to welcome satisfied clientele and look forward to many future visits.

It really makes us very proud to know that our services met your expectations.
Mohamed, Medhat and the entire family of Park Inn Sharm El Sheikh are sending you their warmest greeting and wishing to welcome you very soon in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinion about our hotel.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Highlights...very hardworking and friendly staff who go the extra mile with a bit of tip. The aqua park was great for all ages. Our toddler loved the kiddies pool area full of a variety of slides, yet equally daring slides for adults to pick. Our room was very spacious and clean and we had a very hardworking cleaner who appreciated our toddlers clothes we left behind for his son. We had requested a ground floor room prior as we had a buggy, and one which was quiet. Request was met and we had lovely sleep each night. The spa was very relaxing. Highly recommend the massage. We booked a package of 4 treatments. The beach is across the road at the sister hotel....just a 15min walk or 2-3mins via a very frequent shuttle bus. Beach bar serves snacks and drinks. Very clean everywhere and plenty of sun beds and towels available. Very clear waters with fish and eel swimming very close. Gritty sand so water shoes recommended for toddlers. Plenty of shoes and water toys available for kids from shops outside hotel and very cheap.

Downsides...we weren't impressed with the service of the food. The snack bar by the pool area was meant to be serving food from 10am according to our paperwork, however, food was barely ready at 1130am. Only one chef prepping and cooking here and one had to queue as if waiting for school dinners. Only small portions were then given out. No highchairs in this area and we struggled to get a highchair in the main restaurant. We always tried to get to the restaurant early to get one. Food not great for vegetarians or toddlers and we avoided salads and cold meats due to advice. Bread was very dry and fruit selection was oranges and melon only each day. Luckily a local supermarket had fresh fruit very cheap. The restaurant was very busy and more like a canteen style. Activities for the day were not well posted so we didn't know what was happening daily, esp for toddlers. The kids club was very tired looking and lacked activity. A park beside was nice but too hot to use.

Other...We took a trip to the Dolphin show via our rep, not the hotel staff. Nice restaurants near Hard Rock Cafe.....20 Egyptian by taxi and important to negotiate price before you get in. Take repellent; mozzies will bite in the eve esp. We took a plug in repellent too and still got bitten. We used mineral water to brush teeth and took care of what we ate and stayed healthy. It got very very hot by the time we left and very uncomfortable during the day. Keep hydrated and sunscreened.

Overall a lovely trip, just a shame about the food.

Room Tip: Ground floor, quiet, near main restaurant, otherwise one could be walking a lot as hotel spread out...
4  Thank HarrowLondon

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate it when guests take time out of their busy days to provide us with some open and honest feedback about our products and services. Herewith, let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh for your vaction.
We appreciate your continued interest in and guidance for Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh. Your feedback regarding the hotel services and facilities was particularly helpful. We hope that changes can soon be made in those areas to further enhance the service we provide to our guests.
I would like to assure that we are following the international standard for food safety and hygiene, and we have a regular check by international company (SGS).
Thank you again for your valuable input. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you have questions or concerns regarding our hotel services or our company. We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Radisson. Now just think of that name. I’ve stayed in loads of them over the years. There is an expected standard that you get with that name and in writing this review you should consider it aimed at Radisson. Whether they own this hotel or not, it is their name on the front of the hotel.

On arrival, late into the evening, we were taken to the room of hell. Dirty, small, dark and dingy. The disappointment as I stood there with my wife and children, with the realisation that a room with Lenny Henry would have been cheaper, cleaner and better appointed. Next morning I’m at the front desk, calm and collected ready to negotiate. We are after all in Egypt. I explained that I thought the room was a dump. It is notable that none of the front desk staff disagreed with me. Those magic words sprung from my lips – upgrade and this is what I’m prepared to pay. Now believe it or not this took an hour. But, as part of my job is too negotiated, I was happy to grind them down. Result, for a small increase, we got a suite. I am pleased to say it was a great improvement.

Restaurant is something to behold but, not in the way you would expect. Think of your school canteen, where all the dinner ladies have no idea what is going on and at the first available opportunity run into the kitchen to keep out of the way. Get the picture? Don’t get me wrong some members of the team work hard. However, they are carrying a large group who are as useful as a chocolate teapot. I mean simple things like tea and coffee cups for breakfast. It’s not rocket science. The food was ok and on some nights could even be classed as good. It was however very hit and miss. As we are a family, all inclusive deals make life so much easier and the food we have had over the last few years has been fantastic. So I was at time disappointed with the quality of the food and I was getting really fed-up of fighting the entire Red Arm for a table. I began to think we had moved to the Crimea for breakfast, lunch and Dinner.
Evening entertainment. This is held in what is called the Bedouin tent. They must be joking; its bloody awful place with all the charm of a nuclear fallout shelter after it has been hit by a cruise missile trying to find the Red Army. The entertainment is terrible, I man really terrible. Think of your must depressing moments and then add in Hi-de-Hi while taking a sedative.

The water park is great. My children and I loved it. It’s was clean, safe and fun. However, some of the bar staff should maybe look for different employment where they do not come into contact with the public.

Last but in no way least, I want to mention our room (7417) cleaner. I did not get his name. But what a credit to the Hotel. A really great chap, friendly, hardworking, happy individual. The management of the hotel should put him on the pool bar he would do a great job. Or maybe he should try his hand at sorting out the restaurant staff.

Radisson. It’s up to you. Your name is on the front of this hotel and I am sure you are making lots of money out of this place. But unless you improve you will end up with a holiday destination that makes Butlins look like the Dorchester.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a family room.
2  Thank Steven F

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my appreciation for reporting your valuable feedback.
First let me express my deepest apologies that your experience at Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh was not up to your expectations.
In regard to the room, I would like to explain that you booked a standard room in first place (the lowest category) and when you asked for another bigger room, you had to pay to get a suite which is the highest room category.
We are looking forward to have the chance to host you again in our resort, and we look forward to serving you more efficiently in the future, ensuring that all your expectations are met.
Sincere Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for 10 days & staff couldn't do enough for you. - very friendly & pleasant. Sayed at the pool bar was also great as was Hussan from restaurant. I was very impressed that these members of staff in particular always remembered our names.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NuttieNat

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh.
It really was our pleasure to host you in our hotel. We are proud to welcome satisfied clientele and look forward to many future visits.

I am writing to express my gratitude for your time and consideration in support of our efforts to provide memorable experience to our guests.

The entire family of Park Inn Sharm El Sheikh are sending you their regards and looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks in March for my uncles 50th birthday there was a party of 6. I was a bit apprehensive before I went about the reviews but I couldn't of been more wrong on arrival we were shown to our room the rooms were very spacious and clean the cleaners always done a good job and left towel art on the bed. The animation team were fab especially Shelly, coco and mudi and most of all Gabriel (bar manager) made our holiday he was fab with the us and the children even mr Sammy the hotel manager made time to speak to us, the water park was amazing for the kids too all the staff were great will definitely be returning !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NICOLAJANEEDWARDS
Samy B, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my deep appreciation for your nice feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh, I could not have asked for nicer comments.
The entire staff of Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh is looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel, wishing we could provide better service during your coming vacation.
On behalf of the Park Inn family, I express heartfelt thanks for your comments on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the park inn from 15th-22nd May, read the reviews before I went and was really hoping it wasn't nothing like what I read, so wasn't really expecting much! We had the best holiday ever and met some amazing people!
All the staff can't help you enough, Momen is by far the best barman!
People moaning about the food saying it made them ill- you need to make sure you take hand sanitiser with you and use it constant! The food is a bit basic but there is always something for everyone (I'm a really fussy eater) and if not tgi's/mcdonalds/KFC just down the road and they're cheap!
The drinks aren't the best but it's the same really at every all inclusive hotel! The beer is ok and the ouzo!
We booked snorkelling and quad biking through the guys at the back of the hotel near the pool bar and I'm really glad we did, the snorkelling was the best experience ever it's amazing!
The rooms are cleaned everyday and they also give you bottles of water.
This holiday wouldn't have been anyway near as good without the animation team though, Bob and Jenny are awesome, on our 1st proper night here they come round asking us all if we wanted to go Hard Rock Cafe- I didn't have a clue what it was but I'm so glad we went it was really good, it was like we went on holiday as a whole group the atmosphere was amazing, everyone got on so well! Would really recommend Fridays at Hard Rock if you do go to the Park Inn. The animation team really work hard to make sure you enjoy your stay at the park inn! Bob is so funny and really nice, him and my boyfriend got on so well! We miss yas!
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, and the animation team! And will 100% be going back :)

Hanna & Jake

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my appreciation for the great feedback you posted about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh.

We are very proud to know that our team could make your vacation a memorable one. Knowing that we succeeded to reach your satisfaction, encourage us to keep up the good work . Of course there will be always some areas where changes can be done to further enhance our services.
Herewith, I would like to draw your attention that we already have a sanitizing dispenser by the door of the restaurant.
The animation team and the whole staff of the hotel are sending you their regards, and we all wish to see you very soon in Park Inn Sharm El Sheikh.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
#80 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#64 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!