“it does what it says on the tin!”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have just had a week at the park inn and "it does what it says on the tin". It is cheap so don't expect 5 star but you can expect friendly helpful staff and good clean rooms. The drink flows but take your own plastic thermos mug from ASDA as the throw away cups they use are useless. The food is Ok and the restaurant resembles a school canteen, the menu tends to be a bit of the same and could do with being a bit warmer but Macdonalds, TGI's and KFC are a 20minute walk away ( deliver for free). local area fine with no hassle. The sea is lovely and easy to get to.
We flew Egypt air to Cairo then onto sharm ' Fantastic spacious with excellent meal and entertainment., only downer is you get stung for a visa at Cairo £15.
my daughter did the dolphin swim which was excellent at £45 but wasn't very well organised.
Blue and white local taxis are great and operate outside hotel.
Water park is great fun with lots to do.
kids ice creams are free from the beach bar which is a fag if you want to get a free ice cream as its only between 11 and 12 and about 30minute round trip. if you want to pay at hotel not much selection.
We tried the Bedouin tent one night and lasted less than a minute. It was really hot on our visit not much going on.
We gave our feedback to the new guest relations girl 'shelley" who took our comments on board for the future.
In summary you get what you pay for and at £20 per head per day for food, drink and bed I don't think thats to bad.

Room Tip: We upgraded to suite which gave us a massive family room
1  Thank mark h
Samy B, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me express my appreciation for the time you took to share your experience in Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh.

We truly value our guest's feedback as we consider them the guidelines to enhance our quality of service.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel and hope that we could exceed your expectations.
Again, thank you for your comments and please accept our warmest greeting.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just returned from a 7 day stay here (Family of 4) Firstly i have to say the main reason of choosing this hotel was the name "Radisson" we have stayed in countless Radisson hotels over the years and boy what a let down! More like Butlins!

Room: Nice and tidy cleaned everyday with fresh towels and towel art but could do with a little modernisation but functional.

Pools / Aqua Park: One word AWESOME Clean tidy Great fun for the all the Family, A special Big THANK YOU to ELSAYED who works in the Lotus Pool Bar - what a great guy couldn't do enough for everyone and worked extremely hard from morning till night, Cocktails where great Pizza and chips where good at the Aqua Park Waterfall bar if you could beet the russians to them who happen to be the most ill mannered people i have ever met, don't think they have ever heard of a que!

Evening Entertainment: What a Joke, The Bedouin Tent was a disaster poor organisation, the pool party was good but we fell upon it by accident, There needs to be more notice of things that are going on! and don't even get me started about the D.I.S.C.O which so called started at midnight just as the all inclusive drinks finished - gave that one a miss. The Panorama bar was about the best, we met some nice friends and made our own entertainment but come on PARK INN only serving drinks till midnight!!! Made me feel like a little kid who had passed his bed time.

Food: This is the big one. The only edible food in my opinion were the fries and bread and a few select dishes throughout the week however the chef was prepared to make you other things if you asked, The standard isn't terrible but it is more canteen than a restaurant and come on who wants to sit inside a dingy, busy, chaotic room on there holiday! more tables outside are needed. A special mention must go to one of the waiters - EMAD who was exceptoinal very friendly keen to help even when he was rushed off his feet A BIG THANK YOU.

On a whole a nice break weather as would be expected was awesome just a little let down with the Food and the Evening Entertainment - But don't go there expecting a Radisson Hotel !!!

Rick, Babs, James & Gerry Paddock.

1  Thank Richard P
Samy B, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Speaking on behalf of the family of Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh, I would like to thank you for your time you took to write your feedback about our hotel.

We highly appreciate the open and honest feedback of our guest as we consider your opinion as guideline to shape our services.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in Park Inn, hoping that changes would be done in the areas you mentioned in your feedback.

Thank you again for your comments and please accept our warmest greeting.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have been to the Park Inn 3 times. First time 6 years ago, then again last September and both times we had 2 boys with us and lastly we have gone as just the wife and husband :-) The atmosphere of the hotel was spot on for us, beautiful landscaping, relaxing atmosphere and caring staff. On this trip we only wanted to chill and relax and that is exactly what we done. We took some trips out through our rep but didn't do a lot else which suited us. On our first visit the boys were about 10 and 12 and we stayed round by the aqua park pool. The boys were never bored. In September we took the youngest who is now 16 and his friend and again they were never bored. We let them go on a night out with the animation team and they looked after them and yes they may have had one or two drinks, which they checked with me before hand that they could, and had a fab time! We have just arrived home after going on our own and it was everything we were looking for.

The staff were lovely and helpful. The reception Manager Mohammed, the restaurant staff Emad, Hossam, El Hady and Hazem, the Lotus bar staff El Seyad and Mohammed to our cleaner and Shelly the customer relations manager, all couldn't do enough for you.

The food was ok, if you had a request for something different then the chef was happy to accommodate. We always found something to eat and were willing to try new dishes. Yes it is like a canteen and yes it can get busy, my advise is to either go as soon as it is open or wait until 7.30ish. We were eating the salad, cheese, mayo etc and didn't suffer any side effects......we had no complaints about the food or the selection on offer. Every evening you had chicken, beef or fish on offer in various forms and a bbq on the go outside.

Tips are relied on heavily and we were unsure on how much to give and when to give it. We gave little tips, either 5 or 10 Egyptian, throughout the 10 days then gave a bigger tip on our last day - 50 or 100 Egyptian (£5 or £10).

Nabq bay is a nightmare and I would avoid as you could get locked in a shop until you buy something or just hassled to death - try Soho Square as you do not get hassled or locked in and it is an upmarket shopping centre which is outside. You can have dinner/drinks and shop in relative peace and quiet - the water fountain goes off on the hour and it is beautiful to watch as the jets/water go off to music.

I would recommend this hotel and we plan on going back either later this year or early next year. Remember, you get what you paid for. Yes some of the rooms could be updated, yes the rush of lunch or dinner can be a pain in the butt but overall we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wooffi
Samy B, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Park Inn Sharm El Sheikh, and I highly appreciate the nice feedback you posted on TripAdvisor.
In deed we Cherish your valuable input as we consider our guests open and honest feedback as guidelines to shape our services.
Speaking on behalf of the entire family of Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El sheikh, we are looking forward to host you again soon and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.
Again thank you for your time and support

Please accept our best regards

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just got back from the Park Inn and had a fantastic holiday. Good location. The staff are so friendly, can't do enough for you. Special thanks to Mohamed for making us smile and putting our towels out every morning and Medhat for being such a great barman. The hotel is really nice, rooms are big and well furnished and the cleaners do their job well, had some great towel art. Food was ok, what you would expect of an all inclusive, always managed to find something to eat. The waiters work hard and always have a smile on their face, again very helpful. The reception staff were really helpful and friendly. The waterpark is great, enjoyed the evening entertainment around the pool, had fun down the slides and in the wave pool at night. Would be better if the cave night club started as soon as the evening entertainment finished. Snorkelling from the beach was great, lots of fish to see. Would recommend the diving and snorkelling trips that can be booked through the hotel (Royal Savoia Water Sports), thanks to Walid for arranging our dive trip and for sorting out the practice dive in the pool for our daughter, very helpful. Had an awesome day diving and snorkelling, saw so many different fish and a turtle! Gotta say the deliveries made by McDonalds are a great idea too!! Overall had a fantastic holiday and hope to return to the Park Inn in the future. Many thanks from the Cornells x

Room Tip: Family rooms are near to aquapark and have 2 bathrooms
3  Thank dontworrybhappy72
Samy B, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm writing to express how grateful we are for taking the time to post your feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh. We are proud to welcome satisfied clientele and look forward to many future visits.

It really makes us very proud to know that our services met your expectations.
Mohamed, Medhat and the entire family of Park Inn Sharm El Sheikh are sending you their warmest greeting and wishing to welcome you very soon in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinion about our hotel.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Highlights...very hardworking and friendly staff who go the extra mile with a bit of tip. The aqua park was great for all ages. Our toddler loved the kiddies pool area full of a variety of slides, yet equally daring slides for adults to pick. Our room was very spacious and clean and we had a very hardworking cleaner who appreciated our toddlers clothes we left behind for his son. We had requested a ground floor room prior as we had a buggy, and one which was quiet. Request was met and we had lovely sleep each night. The spa was very relaxing. Highly recommend the massage. We booked a package of 4 treatments. The beach is across the road at the sister hotel....just a 15min walk or 2-3mins via a very frequent shuttle bus. Beach bar serves snacks and drinks. Very clean everywhere and plenty of sun beds and towels available. Very clear waters with fish and eel swimming very close. Gritty sand so water shoes recommended for toddlers. Plenty of shoes and water toys available for kids from shops outside hotel and very cheap.

Downsides...we weren't impressed with the service of the food. The snack bar by the pool area was meant to be serving food from 10am according to our paperwork, however, food was barely ready at 1130am. Only one chef prepping and cooking here and one had to queue as if waiting for school dinners. Only small portions were then given out. No highchairs in this area and we struggled to get a highchair in the main restaurant. We always tried to get to the restaurant early to get one. Food not great for vegetarians or toddlers and we avoided salads and cold meats due to advice. Bread was very dry and fruit selection was oranges and melon only each day. Luckily a local supermarket had fresh fruit very cheap. The restaurant was very busy and more like a canteen style. Activities for the day were not well posted so we didn't know what was happening daily, esp for toddlers. The kids club was very tired looking and lacked activity. A park beside was nice but too hot to use.

Other...We took a trip to the Dolphin show via our rep, not the hotel staff. Nice restaurants near Hard Rock Cafe.....20 Egyptian by taxi and important to negotiate price before you get in. Take repellent; mozzies will bite in the eve esp. We took a plug in repellent too and still got bitten. We used mineral water to brush teeth and took care of what we ate and stayed healthy. It got very very hot by the time we left and very uncomfortable during the day. Keep hydrated and sunscreened.

Overall a lovely trip, just a shame about the food.

Room Tip: Ground floor, quiet, near main restaurant, otherwise one could be walking a lot as hotel spread out...
4  Thank HarrowLondon

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate it when guests take time out of their busy days to provide us with some open and honest feedback about our products and services. Herewith, let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh for your vaction.
We appreciate your continued interest in and guidance for Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh. Your feedback regarding the hotel services and facilities was particularly helpful. We hope that changes can soon be made in those areas to further enhance the service we provide to our guests.
I would like to assure that we are following the international standard for food safety and hygiene, and we have a regular check by international company (SGS).
Thank you again for your valuable input. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you have questions or concerns regarding our hotel services or our company. We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Please accept our warmest greeting

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Radisson. Now just think of that name. I’ve stayed in loads of them over the years. There is an expected standard that you get with that name and in writing this review you should consider it aimed at Radisson. Whether they own this hotel or not, it is their name on the front of the hotel.

On arrival, late into the evening, we were taken to the room of hell. Dirty, small, dark and dingy. The disappointment as I stood there with my wife and children, with the realisation that a room with Lenny Henry would have been cheaper, cleaner and better appointed. Next morning I’m at the front desk, calm and collected ready to negotiate. We are after all in Egypt. I explained that I thought the room was a dump. It is notable that none of the front desk staff disagreed with me. Those magic words sprung from my lips – upgrade and this is what I’m prepared to pay. Now believe it or not this took an hour. But, as part of my job is too negotiated, I was happy to grind them down. Result, for a small increase, we got a suite. I am pleased to say it was a great improvement.

Restaurant is something to behold but, not in the way you would expect. Think of your school canteen, where all the dinner ladies have no idea what is going on and at the first available opportunity run into the kitchen to keep out of the way. Get the picture? Don’t get me wrong some members of the team work hard. However, they are carrying a large group who are as useful as a chocolate teapot. I mean simple things like tea and coffee cups for breakfast. It’s not rocket science. The food was ok and on some nights could even be classed as good. It was however very hit and miss. As we are a family, all inclusive deals make life so much easier and the food we have had over the last few years has been fantastic. So I was at time disappointed with the quality of the food and I was getting really fed-up of fighting the entire Red Arm for a table. I began to think we had moved to the Crimea for breakfast, lunch and Dinner.
Evening entertainment. This is held in what is called the Bedouin tent. They must be joking; its bloody awful place with all the charm of a nuclear fallout shelter after it has been hit by a cruise missile trying to find the Red Army. The entertainment is terrible, I man really terrible. Think of your must depressing moments and then add in Hi-de-Hi while taking a sedative.

The water park is great. My children and I loved it. It’s was clean, safe and fun. However, some of the bar staff should maybe look for different employment where they do not come into contact with the public.

Last but in no way least, I want to mention our room (7417) cleaner. I did not get his name. But what a credit to the Hotel. A really great chap, friendly, hardworking, happy individual. The management of the hotel should put him on the pool bar he would do a great job. Or maybe he should try his hand at sorting out the restaurant staff.

Radisson. It’s up to you. Your name is on the front of this hotel and I am sure you are making lots of money out of this place. But unless you improve you will end up with a holiday destination that makes Butlins look like the Dorchester.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a family room.
2  Thank Steven F

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my appreciation for reporting your valuable feedback.
First let me express my deepest apologies that your experience at Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh was not up to your expectations.
In regard to the room, I would like to explain that you booked a standard room in first place (the lowest category) and when you asked for another bigger room, you had to pay to get a suite which is the highest room category.
We are looking forward to have the chance to host you again in our resort, and we look forward to serving you more efficiently in the future, ensuring that all your expectations are met.
Sincere Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for 10 days & staff couldn't do enough for you. - very friendly & pleasant. Sayed at the pool bar was also great as was Hussan from restaurant. I was very impressed that these members of staff in particular always remembered our names.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NuttieNat

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh.
It really was our pleasure to host you in our hotel. We are proud to welcome satisfied clientele and look forward to many future visits.

I am writing to express my gratitude for your time and consideration in support of our efforts to provide memorable experience to our guests.

The entire family of Park Inn Sharm El Sheikh are sending you their regards and looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.
Please accept our warmest greeting

Cyrene Island Hotel
Cyrene Island Hotel
#94 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#91 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!