“Yet another fantastic holiday at the Park Inn.”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
wigston leicester
“Yet another fantastic holiday at the Park Inn.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have just returned from my 5th visit to the Park Inn in as many years with my 77 year old mother and 15 year old daughter, I must say we had an absolutely fantastic time. Once again the staff from the cleaning staff to senior management were absolutely fantastic nothing was too much trouble for them.

On our arrival, at the hotel we were allocated our fantastic room a Junior suite by the reception staff and were in situ and enjoying our Jacuzzi bath within 20 minutes of arriving at the hotel, fantastic service.

Yes for the first couple of days the restaurants were a little hectic and bore great resemblance to feeding time at the zoo because the hotel booking team much against the wishes of the General Manager had sought fit to flood the hotel with Egyptian guests who on the main have the manners of a group of Barbary apes , which in turn had the knock on effect of not enough plates and cutlery as they took to piling the food so high on their plates and leaving them on the table at one meal I counted 25 plates on one table! no wonder there was a shortage!!. and yes there were some fights between the Egyptian nationals because they are naturally volatile one of the arguments was because one guest had taken a photo of another mans wife which in some cases in Britain would cause and argument but to blame the hotel that is completely unfair and unjust.

The restaurant situation was soon rectified as the management wanted to make the British experience better and were conscious that the other guests were disturbing our peace and quickly arranged for a separate restaurant for the British for the evening meals providing a choice of two 5 course meals which were served by waiters all bar the starters, This is was indeed a greatly appreciated and most enjoyable as all meals are described in the holiday advertisements as buffet style. During our second week the arrangement change due to more British guests and extended to a separate dining room for both breakfast and evening meal. At no time did any of my party struggle to find a plate or cutlery our tables were waited on by amazing staff lead Hazem Elsaka who ensured that our eating experience was enjoyable. On many occasions I was told by the chef that he would cook me exactly what my daughter and I wanted to eat as all he wanted was for us to have a good holiday. On two separate occasions we took him up on his offer with both of us choosing to have calamari which I must say was absolutely fantastic. The restaurant staff were cheery and helpful at all times even when being abused by the other guests, in particular our thanks go to Etham, Yahay, Hazem and Raouf.

Our room was absolutely fantastic so spacious and had recently been re decorated, with a flat screen television and new couch and decor. The room had a new kettle and a good selection of complimentary tea, coffee and water. The maid was fantastic and ensured that the room was cleaned each day and his towel art was second to none. On the odd occasion we were a towel short but this was soon rectified by a free call to the reception, and within a matter of minutes a freshly laundered towel would be presented to me at the door.

The pools and grounds were spectacular and kept the the highest standards, the aqua park is a fantastic asset to the hotel with slides for all ages and the wave pool which is fun for any age. The lazy river which runs round one side of the aqua park, is great fun, made even better by having Methad at the bar who would serve you alcoholic or non alcoholic drinks as you liked whilst in the lazy river, pure bliss.

On going to the beach it was great to see that the kids play area had been revamped and now had the wow factor,painted in its alternate pastel colours it was really appealing, the beach was clean and the eatery was clean and tidy and the food was always hot and edible. The ice cream counter had been altered for the better.

New this year is a cocktail hut, where all drinks there are payable, but the freshly made to order milk shakes and cocktails were to die for particularly the strawberry milkshake, and I am told the mango milk shake is great too.

New also this year was the addition to the management team of guest relations manger Shelly, she was very efficient, very approachable and easy to talk to she took on board everything people were telling her and made good were physically possible.

I can honestly say that none of my family had a problem with any of the staff or the hotel we had a fantastic time during our holiday 14/7/14 to 28/7/14 in room 7264, I have read many of the comments and can concur that there were a few minor irritations at the beginning of the holiday as mentioned above, but nothing that deserves a negative review. whilst away I heard some negative comments in relation to the food by the English guests and how the hotel does not cater for the English. I would say to the critics if you want English food then go to Blackpool or Skegness! I for one will be booking to go the Park Inn again next year.

Thank you Mr Sami and your team you did a great job given the difficult circumstances thrust upon you by the reservation team. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Room Tip: all rooms are good - but the family rooms are huge as are the Junior Suites.
2 Thank traceyandgerogia
Amr A, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for staying at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh. It’s great to welcome guests in our Hotel, and I hope you had an enjoyable experience. Not only were we excited to host you in our hotel, we’re also thrilled that your stay was a pleasant one.

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh. It is guests like you that help keep our lights on, and we couldn't be more grateful.

On behalf of myself and the entire family here at Park Inn by Radisson we send our warmest regards and much look forward to many more visits to ourselves in the future.

Best wishes,

info.sharm@rezidorparkinn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel late in the evening all looked very good in the dark night, with the lights shinning, or maybe this was just because we was tired from travelling and needed to get some rest, hoping for a great start the next morning to our first family vacation for over 4 years. Our first impressions were good, that was until we came across the restaurant for breakfast in the morning, having to wait nearly 20 minutes just to receive cutlery and plates, this did not however include the table being cleaned, actually being able to get some food to eat was also another very big problem, you need to have a strong character if you don't want to have people just keep pushing in front of you to get there food, and even when you have small children with you, they just push you out of the way. We was all hoping for a nice relaxing family holiday, but as others have commented, you could not even relax by the pools as you was harassed by people trying to sell you days out etc, and also having personal beach towels stolen from our sun beds and when asked for help in reception none was given, made to feel like you was not worth anything, they had gotten your money and was only interested in waiting for the next paying guests. The only time we had any good moments was if we chose to go out for the evenings and spend more money on meals we had hoped to be having in the hotel. On the last day, it was like watching paint dry, waiting for the coach to arrive to take us to the airport, needless to say, we will not be returning to this hotel again.

Negatives:
food
People being rude and ignorant (Russian and Egyptian tourists in the hotel)
stolen beach personal beach towels of sun beds, plus various other items.

Positives.
Pools
getting the coach to the airport

5 Thank levo226
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my appreciation for taking the time to share your experience in Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh
The Park Inn resort is committed to providing guests with the services they need to make their stay more pleasant and worthwhile. As guests continue to express their preferences, we will be able to respond with expanded and improved services.

Herewith, I would like to express my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations, and should we have the pleasure of hosting you again it will be my personal promise that we will exceed all efforts in meeting your expectations once more,

On behalf of myself and the entire park inn family please accept our warmest regards,

Best wishes,

amr.abdelsamie@rezidorparkinn.com
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Would never ever go back to this hotel!! It certainly wasn't value for money.

The family rooms were quite nice and roomy with air conditioning (although very noisy) and there were plenty of pools and slides, the weather was fantastic, but the rest of our stay was far from satisfactory.

The food was basically the same every day. Our children actually got fed up with eating chips and bread! The only fruit available was dates and chopped up melon, apple and grapes which had turned brown as they had been out so long.

Meal times were very stressful, the restaurants were inundated with holidaying Arabians who were extremely rude, pushing in and fighting for food, drinks and tables. They would pile up their plates with food, only to leave it hardly touched. This meant a shortage for others. They would use their hands to pick up food from the serving dishes and we even saw their children licking the cake serving tongs and putting them back amongst the cakes! We missed a few meals as we couldn't face the battle for food! The hygiene was disgusting with dirty plates and glasses. When we expressed our concerns to the hotel staff and management they weren't bothered, didn't do anything about it and there was no follow up. We had better meals outside the hotel. The restaurants in the hotel were basically badly run canteens with birds flying around and pooping everywhere.

The toilets around the hotel were very rarely stocked with toilet paper or soap and the pools were not clean, with debris floating in them. A couple of times someone poo'd in the pool and it took the cleaners about half an hour to arrive. They didn't close the pool, just poured a bottle of of chemical in and allowed people back in again straight away.

The glasses at the poolside were not always cleaned properly. Many times we saw the bar staff just rinsing them out under the tap, not drying them and pouring drinks straight in.

A few people were poorly whilst we were there. One of our party got food poisoning and had to be put on a drip!

Really appalling for a Radisson hotel!

The hotel's website states:-
"Delectable cuisine, contemporary cocktails and stylish surroundings combine to provide the perfect dining experience at this hotel’s Sharm El Sheikh restaurants. Don’t miss the delectable buffets and exciting cocktails at the two restaurants and five bars"
The only all inclusive cocktail available was a screwdriver which tasted of paintstripper, any others had to be paid for. No wine available. The food was far from delectable!!

The pool guys were really good though, give them a tip and they will reserve sunbeds and towels for you.

Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. We had been looking forward to this holiday for almost a year and were really disappointed it wasn't what we were expecting or hoping for. Also disappointed that the management or staff including Shelly the customer liaison officer did not seem bothered or concerned when we spoke to them. There was no follow up when we expressed our concerns.

Room Tip: Ask for a family room or suite. The superior room is not good and there were no bathrobes, slippers...
4 Thank 11Disappointed
samy b, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Dear Guest,

First let me thank you for taking the time to provide us with honest and reliable feedback concerning our hotel Park Inn, Sharm El Sheikh.
It gives me great pity to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay with us and I would like to advise you that the necessary action has been taken regarding your points to ensure that we have no reoccurring situations again in the future.
As Park Inn is a growing complex we welcome all customer comments as it gives us the chance to better and improve our service’ to our very deserving guests.

However, I do feel it would have been better to ask for senior management for any issue that was below your anticipation. I am 100% confident that we would have been able to satisfy you and certainly would have done our upmost best to rectify any situation and restore your faith in Park Inn so you would return once more.

We hope that you will not judge us on this one experience and gives us the pleasure of hosting you again to see that we have as mentioned taken the appropriate action to improve our service and it will be a personal promise that we will give you a memorable and enjoyable holiday.

On behalf of myself and the entire Park Inn family please accept our deepest apologies for not meeting your expectations and we really hope we will have the chance to host you again in the future.

Portsmouth
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in park inn with some good friends for 2 weeks I had a brilliant stay in park inn the staff were amazing. Botros and Mohammad at the tiran bar were amazing :) the animation team were fantastic. The staff made me feel very welcome and were brilliant to get along with. The room cleaner slacked a bit towards the end of my stay. P-ko in animation was amazing I would go back again but would like to see more of sharm at different hotels first. The boat trip was brilliant and Mido made the day :) the only problem I had was with the Russians and Egyptians they were very rude and made me feel uncomfortable going into the restaurants! Other than that my stay was worth every penny. Thanks For looking after us crazy bunch. Steph

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank StephanieKirst
Amr A, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my appreciation for taking the time to write review about your stay at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh

I cannot say enough to express how proud we are to know that you have enjoyed the enhanced quality of our service’. The growth we’ve experienced over the years is because of customers like you, who faithfully support our business. We hope that we can continue to exceed to your expectations again in any future visits you may have with us.

Again, it was very generous of you to take time out of your schedule to share your experience in Park Inn By Radisson Sharm El Sheikh

cardiff
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Have visited sharm many times & thought we would try park inn this time. Did not get off to a great start as our travel agent used a local bed booking company in Cairo & when we arrived were told our reservation had been cancelled! however Shelley & Hisham from guest relations were amazing & did all they could to help us get this sorted :). Whilst we were there the hotel was about 60% full of egyptians some rude, some not, this caused problems at meal times and the management recognised this and opened the aqua park snack bar at night for english guests where you were served a 5 course meal. also on the day before we left they opened another restaurant upstairs for english guests. The food can be a little repetative but any AI is the same. pools were clean staff very good & friendly. Cleaners were amazing. Location is great all in all a very good holiday. would i return possibly if the price was right.

Room Tip: We choose a superior room & there was myself husband and son.
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your experience about your stay at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El sheikh
I want you to know how much we enjoy meeting your expectations and consider you a special guest. This recognition of our efforts gives us a sense of pride and confidence. We will redouble our efforts in serving our guests to the best of our abilities.
We will continue our efforts to meet your requirements and expectations in the future as well. Meanwhile, your unwavering support and patronage is what gives us the power to continue our efforts.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh
Again, thank you for your nice comments about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh.

Sincerely yours,

portsmouth
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel direct & were a bit confused with kids ages so after contacting hotel were told it would be fine & due to confusion there would be no extra charges. Arrived on 10th July & had to wait 3 hours to check in after being told our email wouldn't be honoured & had to pay extra out of our spending money.we were in room 7425 which was a superior room & lovely,cleaner was great until end of 2nd week when we never got enough towels,phone reception to be told they would be sent up but gave up waiting after an hour.Food was ok we managed to find something to eat everyday then found English restaurant which was better.hotel was over run with egyptian tourist & we witness 6 fights in the 2 weeks we were there,1 of which my 13 year old daughter was caught in middle of.animation were great & we got involved every day also Mohammed & botros in tiran bar were fantastic & made our holiday.if your looking to do trips book with mido in the hut,he's a lovely man & couldn't do enough for us.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

First let me thank you for posting you review about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh
At Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet some of your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to your stay at our hotel.
Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to confusion happened when you first booked your rooms. Despite the fact that our children policy states that the maximum age for the child is up to 12 years old, as a good will gesture from ourselves we did not charge your daughter who was already over thirteen years old. However, it was not possible to consider you son, who was over eighteen years old, as a child.
Thank you for pointing out the areas which will need improvement. This is exactly the kind of input we need to better serve our guests' needs.
Looking forward for your next visit to our hotel

Snodland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I have emailed you twice regarding room requests for when we come and stay in august. We have booked 2 rooms and would like to request that we have 2 interconnecting rooms please. Please can you confirm this for me.

Please can you reply to my email address as soon as possible?
Many thanks.

Abigail de garis

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Amr A, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

i would like to thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson for your coming vacation
We will not save any effort to fulfill your requests. herewith, I kindly ask you to send your booking details along with any request related to your booking to the below email info.sharm@rezidorparkinn.com
Looking forward to welcoming you in Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh

Aurora Cyrene Resort
Aurora Cyrene Resort
#90 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#95 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Gold...
#71 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!