“Let down by dining experience and lack of TLC”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Staines, United Kingdom
“Let down by dining experience and lack of TLC”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have seen a lot of mixed reviews, so am gonna set two things straight first.

One, before we start, let's put things into perspective. We booked for 2 adults and one 9 year old from 5th to the 19th August flying direct by Monarch and staying in a family room overlooking the Aqua park. In total, we paid £2,670. £1,590 was for the pleasure if flying Monarch, meaning the actual hotel cost £1,080. Let's break that down further shall we? £1,080 in total, that's £540 each week = £180 per person per week. £180. For that you get:
* family room ( 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 TV's, loads of space and 2 balconies)
* all inclusive food and drinks - breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, dinner
* free wifi (slow, but free)
* very big aqua park and 7 swimming pools

All that for £180 each per week. I challenge you to find anywhere with guaranteed sun I a large resort that offers a large accommodation with all that and all meals and drinks for less than £180 a week. Break it down further and you get about £26 per day.

Number two: star ratings outside of the UK and USA are open to a little poetic licence. That said I have found that in most cases, the star rating is matching what they offer and IS NOT A REFLECTION OF QUALITY. So technically, a four star should have at least one elevator and rooms service, but to be fair, check out what the hotel DOES offer and it pretty impressive - especially for £180 per week. So, maybe a three and a half star.

Now, a lot of reviewers have said that the hotel is dated and in need of refurbishment and not good
Enough compared to the other nice new hotels in the area. OK, fair enough, it IS dated, needs some painting, main fence and new furniture etc, but remember this, you get what you pay for, and most who book this hotel, are doing it for the low price and and the aqua park. The other hotels they compare it too are a LOT more expensive, so you have to take their reviews with a touch of salt. In most cases, they are paying for coach, and expecting first class. We got what we expected.

All the staff bar one idiot in the canteen were great. You pay a small tip of 20 Egyptian pounds a week, and you get extra service in your room or your sun loungers reserved for you. Be courteous and friendly to them, and you get the same in return.

There were a lot of Egyptians when we went, and yes they could be bad at queuing and took a lot of food etc, but hey, you are on holiday so chill out.

The grounds to the hotel are HUGE and to be fair, very well maintained and tidy, but the pools do need a good clean out. The best rooms are those opposite the aqua park as it is close to the Dolphin restaurant and reception, or alternatively the first large pool. There is a bank of rooms the other side of the park, and these look like a nightmare as they are a long way from everything else.

The one major downside is the food. Eating on holiday should be a pleasure as it is so rushed at home. But at Park inn, it is a functional activity. Doesn't matter which restaurant you use, they are all very basic with old tables, chairs with nails sticking out of them, worn glasses and crockery and the lesser spotted salt. The food is edible and seemed OK, but it is very basic and uninviting. A real let down, and the best advise is to go when they first open to make sure you get a table so you don't have to fight for one, and then to get it cleaned etc. if you like food, either pay more for a better hotel or go to park inn and factor in the cost of eating out.

Which leads me on to a subject that few reviewers seem to comment on. There are logos of big hotels in the same area, but the only shops are a collection of the same supermarkets, tat resellers, a bank and a pharmacy. If you want to be around a main busy area, go to Naama bay. A 80 EP return taxi will get you to the local Hard Rock Cafe / Starbucks / McDonald's / KFC. 150 will get you to soho square for a very nice area but expensive shops and restaurants. 200 EP will get you to Naama bay with a host of shops and restaurants. You need to bear these costs in mind if you want to eat out I do something in the evening.

We recommend Hard Rock Cafe in Nabq (new), and the China house in name bay.

An alternative is to have McDonald's or KFC delivered for an additional 70p if you like that sort of thing.

Oh before I forget, a lot of reviewers have mentioned getting sick. So, for those that do not travel often to these counties, you need to follow the following simple rules:

1) use bottled water at all times - even for brushing teeth and making tea
2) always wash your hands before eating
3) avoid ice in your drinks as these are use tap water
4) avoid salads as again these are washed in tap water
5) do to let the water from swimming pools or showers get in your mouth.

Do this, and you'll be fine.

Anything else? Oh, the wifi is free and in the lobby and is hammered so either enjoy your holiday and use your phone for games or get there early morning. If you have to :-)

Enjoy your cheap holiday, and relax. Or spend more for luxury.

I have stayed at better, but not for the price. Fuss pots and those of high expectations stay away.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a family room.
8 Thank Steve H
Amr A, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to express my gratitude for donating the time to post your feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh

This recognition of our efforts gives us a sense of pride and confidence. We will redouble our efforts in serving our guests to the best of our abilities.
All the staff of Park Inn Sharm El Sheikh are sending you their warmest greeting.
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed. We look forward to your next stay.

info.sharm@rezidorparkinn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
rotherham
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I travelled to this hotel 18 July --15 August with my husband lee and son Dylan who is 11 yrs we have been going to this hotel for about 7 years now we enjoy it that's why we keep in returning .my daughter and grandaughter and son in law travelled two weeks later also with 2 of my nephews there wife and there children in total 13 ov us my daughter had been to parkinn many times before with me and her dad so she knows this hotel really well .the hotel was full with a lot of Egyptians as well so the hotel was 100% full which ment quite a struggle at meal times with every one pushing in for food the staff worked really really hard to keep every one happy but some people wasn't happy at all and just moaned about every thing so my husband suggested the upstairs restaurant at the cascades was opened for the English guest,and they did .it was lovely they was no more pushing and shoving at meal times you could go and have a lovely meal they also installed a brand new coffee machine which was lovely and mr sammy bindary and mr ritz would go round asking all the guest if every thing was ok they are two special people in our lives they do a very good job in the hotel. I have read a lot of bad reviews on hear about the hotel and every one as there own views while I was at the hotel they was four other long time guest with there familys there as well which we have known for many years now so in my opinion that tell you some thing a lot of the guest return year after year it was just this year the amount of Egyptians was quite a few and I understand that every person deserves a holiday with there family's just like we do as it's very safe in Sharlm el sheik for there family's that's why they came. The food could have had more variety but they was always some thing to eat you never went hungry I would have liked more kebabs and chicken on the bq tho .hazeem always had a big smile on his face to welcome you in the restaurant at night the panama bar got full very quickly and they was just not enough tables and chairs the staff would try there best to get you a table and chairs that's why I think it would be a good idea to keep the lotas bar opened until midnight as not every one goes to Bedouin tent so we were limited where we went we used to sit in lotas bar till it shut then we couldn't get a seat up stairs apart from that we had an amazing time yet again we stayed in a suite again as I find them very big we had excellent room cleaner Mahmoud alkasas the room was cleaned very well every day a very good supply of coffee tea sugar water as well he was so helpfull and remembers us every time we return our towels was out every day on our beds thanks to gamal gamile tamear they keep the pools looking very clean and tidy .my husband had a massage and a cut throat shave a few times when we was there my son had his hair cut as well they did an amazing job down in the spar as they always do .loved the pool party at night it was fantastic all the kids and adults loved it as well .this year I had a tree planted at the hotel at the suite where we always stay with mine and my husband name on its just a thank you from the hotel for returning so many times bk to the hotel :) weare already planing our next holiday at parking at Easter next year with all my family again as well as they all loved the place and it's amazing staff it was very sad day when we left its like I'm leaving my home but I'm always happy as I no I'm returning a few months later once again thank you to every single member of staff at parkinn and thank you to mr Adams mr amr at raddison for the superb meal we had there lee is missing every one so much

Room Tip: We always stay in a suite as its huge room 2 balconys and a Gacuzzi bath as well ideal for a family...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank yorkshirelassy15
Amr A, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First let me express my gratitude for taking the time to share you experience in Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh

We can't say enough to express how proud we are for your nice comments. It is guests like you that help keep our lights on, and we couldn't be more grateful. Your enthusiasm to help us maintain and improve our service’ is extremely encouraging and somewhat contagious and we hope that we can continue to exceed to your expectations again in any future visits you may have with us.
Again, I can't thank you enough for writing this nice comment about our hotel.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We spent 10 days here at the Park Inn. The aqua park and pool area was fantastic - Mohammed and the pool boys were very friendly and kind to the children! My daughter had an accident in the pool and they were there in seconds sorting her out and checking her over!
They saved our sun beds ever day!
The Entertainment was a joke, to embarrassing to watch some nights! Pool parties were the best nights there. Rosie and Lucy were lovely girls who were on the entertainment team ( they had only been there a couple of weeks) spent time to come and talk to all the guests!
The Food at the hotel was Awful and the worst I have ever experienced in the 25 yrs I have been traveling on foreign holidays! I don't expect to eat what I do when I am back home but I do expect a good standard of cleanliness and quality.
We did speak to Shelly who arranged for the chief to cook us a meal - which was very nice - why could that not be served every night!?
Although our children enjoyed the aqua park we would not return to this hotel due to the standard of the food and entertainment.

3 Thank suzampton
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh

We deeply regret that our service was judged below your anticipation. We deeply value your feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

We are sorry that we could not meet your expectations, which is not typical for Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh. However, Please understand that our complex is near enough full occupancy and it is vital that we cater for every nationalities needs regarding the food, We are not obliged to cater for personal needs and taste but we are obliged to makesure the food we cook and serve is of a good hygiene level to ensure that not one of our guests will contract sickness.

hull
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Went again to this hotel after coming in 2010. Never again. The reception staff have a real attitude to everything we asked as if we where expecting too much. The safe was broken and asked for it to be fixed. Three days ten trips to reception and four phone calls latter it was sorted. Booked two rooms only to find they where in different blocks. Had to phone regularly to get towels tea coffee ect ect. Two days never changed or cleaned room but made a point in saying he was going home today so we would tip him.
The good bits. Food ok. pools ok. Weather fantastic. So made the most of what we had. They is other points to make but feel I have to address these with club Carlson

1 Thank diss33
Dear Guest,
I would like to express my appreciation for reporting your valuable feedback.
First let me express my deepest apologies that your experience at Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh was not up to your expectations.
Your comments regarding the service you received at our hotel are very important to us. We want guests to enjoy memorable experience at Park Inn Resort Sharm El Sheikh, which is why we have a large volume of repeat guests.
We feel it would have been better to ask for senior management regarding any discomfort or issue your faced whilst in our complex, I am 100% sure we would have been able to satisfy you,
Further more it gives me great regret to read that we did not meet your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies, I hope you will give us the chance to host you again in the future where it will be my personal promise to make your vacation a memorable one.

Please accept our warmest greetings from the entire Park Inn family.

derby
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Like many guests we read the recent reviews on trip advisor and were apprehensive but we had a great holiday.

Location - very close to supermarkets and shops and a 5 min taxi drive (approx £3 each way ) to McDonald's , KFC , Hard Rock Cafe , Starbucks and some nice bars. Took about 10 mins from airport.

Aqua park - brilliant !!! Better than the one we paid to visit , staff great and plenty for all ages

Rooms - a bit dated but absolutely fine and ample space , the cleaners do a great job and make effort with towel animals etc

Grounds - a little bit odd with statues etc , but generally we'll kept

Pools - separate to aqua park and very good

Bars - not coca cola , sprite or household spirits but we found the selection to be fine , however we are not big drinkers so may have been disappointed if we were.

Restaurants - go to the one upstairs in the lobby as that caters the best for English and there's not many other nationality there. Food was indifferent , some times it was great with a special meat on such as rack of lamb and other nights it was poor. I would say that the food was better than I expected and was generally good quality but I went with low expectations. I would say if you go for 2 weeks you may look at going out a couple of nights.

Entertainment - didn't really get involved but looked like they were trying really hard , there is a kids club and a pool party in the evening . Evening entertainment is trying to cater for all nationalities so not typical Thomson/first choice but ok to break up the evening.

Other guests - Russians generally rude and abrasive as we're the Egyptians , I personally just ignore them but I could see how they could wind some people up

Staff - brilliant !!!! Couldn't do enough , bar staff great , cleaners fab , restaurant staff great , reception helped us out with a couple of issues . A credit to the hotel and the country

Beach - our favourite bit , a short free bus trip from across the road takes you down to the beach which has a snack bar which gives free ice creams at lunch . The hotel has a jetty into the sea where you can snorkel from the end , this was brilliant and a must do , there is a rope so kids can hold on if they are scared. The fish were amazing.

Top tips

Book transfers with suntransfers , they were great and very cheap

Don't bother going to any aqua parks , the one in the hotel is just as good

Tip staff early in holiday as they go extra mile for you

A guy walks round selling papers , he charges £5 a paper so don't bother as if you have 1 on 1 day he will just leave them on subbed if you are not there and come back for money , this gets expensive

Hard Rock Cafe worth a night out

Soho square worth a visit , great shops and fountains and bars and restaurants are reasonable

No duty free at terminal 2 on way home so buy in resort

Take small denominations for tips (I changed £20 into US dollars and this lasted me )

When you get a taxi at any point ask for a business card , we used same taxi driver all holiday and we felt more comfortable

3 Thank donkballs
Amr A, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience in Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh

We appreciate your unfailing attention to detail and your recognition of our efforts gives us a sense of pride and confidence.
We appreciate your kind expressions of satisfaction, and are especially grateful for your visit.
Speaking on behalf of all the staff, we are looking forward for your next visit to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh.

Again, thank you for your review

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I went august 5-13 with my two children 6n11 I chose it for the water park and we were not disappointed. Children loved it and I had fun too. Staff is friendly and helpful food Ws really good and full of variety after I got rid of the toilet brush I ws ok our cleaner Tamer Ws good and friendly and helpful. Ppl need to know that all inclusive doesn't mean that u get a lot less than u might think.

1 Thank زاراح س
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh

I wanted to thank you for staying at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh. It’s great to welcome new guests in our Hotel, and I hope you had an enjoyable experience. Not only are we excited to have a new guest, we’re also thrilled that your stay was a pleasant one.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed. We look forward to your next stay.

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is an honest review...

Great hotel and the water park was great. No long lines of people waiting, just get off one slide on to the next. It is also very clean and plenty of space for everyone. Clean towels supplied daily and the staff were friendly.

The room was cleaned daily. When we asked for extra pillows and some bottled water it was no problem.

Food isn't great it's very repetitive and not much choice. It is a bit like a school canteen. So we did go out a couple of times to eat and Nabq bay was ok. A bit of meither from shopkeepers but isn't that the same in Greece Turkey etc. just ignore them and be aware.

The kids loved it and you cant fault the weather. If i could improve on anything it would be to change the menu on daily basis. The same food every day isn't good. But it was edible and we went mainly for the water parks and the weather we were not expecting gourmet food to be fair.

H&H Trips is situated just out side the hotel to the left and we found the trips were half the price as inside the hotel

The snorkeling boat trip to the island was £15 each for a full day with drinks and food.

We would not go back as we never go back to the same place twice.

8/10

Room Tip: second floor over looking the water park 7462 was a good room
1 Thank Eastfish3
Amr A, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for donating the time to share you feedback about Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh
We are proud that we could meet your expectation despite the fact food was below your anticipation. Putting into consideration that we are serving food for many different nationalities and the feedback is mostly good. We appreciate your feedback regarding our Food service. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to our Kitchen head chefs so they may address this situation with the team and ensure that we deliver outstanding service and presentation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
#64 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#93 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Falcon Naama Star
Falcon Naama Star
#110 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!