“Would not go back! I have never been so ill in my life!!!”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Leeds
“Would not go back! I have never been so ill in my life!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

When we arrived we were plesently suprised with the hotel, the staff were only too happy to help and show us to our room.

The room was ok. I have never been to an all inclusive, so called '5 star' hotel so was quite dissapointed to find that the rooms were very basic.

On going to our 1st meal we found there was very little choice, but put that down to the fact that we were only there 15 mins before it was due to close. Unfortunatley this wasn't the case. We are not fussy eaters but did find it quite difficult most nights to find somethi ng to eat. Most meat dishes were very fatty and contained shards of bones which was quite off putting. Also scrambled eggs etc often contained shell. Therefore again, we were dissapointed with the standards.

The pools are brillient and couldnt fault the waterpark. (on the two days I was well enough to leave the room!!)

Unfortunatley on our second day I became quite ill, obviously when you go to another country you expect the possiblilty of a slight upset stomach. This was much worse. I was unable to move, or find the energy to get out of bed. I became so ill that it was neccesserry for a Dr to be called to the hotel and put me on a drip. The Dr was very reluctant to admit that it was from the food, although it he diagnosed me with sever gastroantiatis caused by food poisoning. I was so ill it was questionable if I would be allowed home. Since returning to the UK i have continued to be ill and am still not fully recovered from this.

Many people we spoke to were enjoying their holiday and had returned to the hotel more than once, but there were also other unlucky people that became so ill they couldnt get out of bed for 5 days (like me)!!

I also found most of the male staff to be too over friendly, and learing. I was travelling with my mother, so I wouldnt reccomend egypt for just two females like us. I often felt quite uncomfortuble being constantly harrassed by these men, many of whom try to ask you out/ follow you around etc and don't seem to understand the word NO! In the end I found the best way was to completely ignore them, which is very rude I know but was the only thing that seemed to work. I am not sure if this is what happens to all women who come here, (one friend suggested it is only because I am small and blonde!) but it certainly isn't much fun!! I even had to avoid one of the water sllides as the guy manning it was really starting to scare me!

All in all we had a very dissapointing and quite traumatic holdicday. of which I am unfortunatley still trying to fully recover! I would not reccomend anyone to go here, although on the other hand, if I had not been so ill I can see why people would enjoy it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
wigston leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

Our stay at the Park Inn was from the 11th July 2009 until 25th July 2009. I travelled with my 10 year old daughter and mother of 72 years. On our arrival at the hotel the reception staff were fantastic, friendly and very helpful nothing was too much trouble for them. We were booked and our bags where taken to our room by Reda the conceige manager who can only be described as one of the most genuine people I have ever met, nothing was too much trouble for him. On reaching our room, we found that there were only 2 beds instead of the 3 we needed. Within seconds Reda had arranged for a further bed to be supplied for my sleepy daughter to rest her head on. There was a hiccup on the first night where the bathroom door locked from the inside so entry to the loo at 0400hrs was not possible and a treck was required to the reception to spend a penny. The Thomas Cook Rep Ahmed was absoloutly brilliant and arranged for us to be upgraded free of charge to a superior room as I had the inconvience of the broken bathroom door. The superior room was spaceous and airy and housed 3 queen sized beds, the bathroom was on the large size and there was a table and chairs in the bedroom area and on the large balcony. There were plenty of power sockets for charging mobiles and boiling the kettle. The housekeeper was a man called manmoud who was very friendly and helpful but couldn't quite grasp the fact the 3 people needed 3 bath towels daily. However, after tipping him a couple of Egyptian quid a day he soon found an extra towel!. The free digital safe allowed you to put your own 4 digit security code in was a god send, so easy to use and easily accessible.
The cleanliness of the hotel was second to none, the house keepers in the main building were always cleaning and the gardeners where up at the crack of dawn tidying and pruning. The gardners tended to water the plants and grass early in the morning which made the footpaths around the complex slippy, which caused me to slip base over apex on several occasions however, when this was pointed out to the staff they arranged for "slippery floor signs" to be erected.
The Aqua Park cannot be faulted all the slides were fantastic and the lazy river was brilliant. Some of the floats provided by the hotel had seen better days but this was down to children picking at them. The Aqua pool had a fully operational bar which was manned by El sayed who looked after us daily by supplying us drinks to our sun loungers for which he was rewarded with a tip. At the latter part of the holiday the Aqua pool had a snack bar which laid on chips, pizza, pasta, salad, BBQ food and deserts which was most welcome which meant you did not have to dry off and go to the restaurant for lunch. The main restaurant and all the other restaurants eating places and bars were managed by Ashraf and assisted by Issac and a team of very happy waiters and bar staff. All of whom wore ther badges " Yes I can" with pride, I have never seen such a team of happy staff. nothing was too much trouble for Ashraf and his team even. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the food I ate during my stay at the hotel. I went with the attitude when in Rome. Chicken was always on the menu in one shape or another so both my mother and daughter were also happy at meal times. However, beware the raddishes are the hottest I have ever tasted and are likely to blow your head off.
We booked two trips with the Thomas Cook Rep Ahmed - Cairo by flight which worked out at about £ 175.00 per adult and £ 135.00 per child. This was a fantastic trip with a most knowledgeable guide Waleed. The coach came to pick us up for the air port at 0445hrs for the flight to Cairo on reaching Cairo we were taken to the museum, then a trip down the Nile to the Hard Rock Cafe for a meal which was included in the price. Then off to the Pyramids absolutely marvellous, however, if your do not like confined spaces or carry some sort of knee or back injury don't go inside you have to bend your body into half to climb the 54 meters to the top of the big pyramid!. Then off to the sphinks and then back to the airport. The second trip booked witht the rep was the submarine trip this is one to be wary of!. The price is about £ 44.00 per adult and £ 22.00 per child and you are told a drink is included in the price. On collection from the hotel you are taken just past naam on alighting from the coach you are ushered to sit in some nice comfy chairs where you are handed a 4 coloured fruit smoothy which due to the heat you consume quite quickly as it is rather nice. Just as you are sitting watching the submarine dock a male comes around and asks how many are in your party and then promptly charges you 25 egyptian pounds for each drink! One lady who was sat with us was charge 10 Egyptian pounds for a small bottle of water. which in the local supermarket was 1.25 Egyptian pounds.
We also went on the snorkilling and diving trip to Ras Mohammed which we booked thorough a man who visited our pool. This trip was fantastic, the boat was marvellous and there was only about 15 people on the boat, a mixture of divers and snorkelers. My daughter and I went snorkelling and were fully supervised at all times by a guide who knew his fish and pointed out allsorts of fish to us. Whilst my mother sat aboard the boat being pampered by the crew. This trip worked out as £ 35.00 for an adult £ 15.00 for a child and £ 25.00 for an OAP who didn't want to go into the sea. A lot cheaper than Thomas Cook had quoted as £ 110.00.
The hotel over all was the best hotel I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many hotels over the world none less that a 3 staff. The staff were fantastic in particular Reda the conceige manager, Ashraf the restaurant and bar manager and Issac all of who bent over backwards to make sure our stay was fantastic. These 3 men are a credit to the Park Inn Hotel and they take the "Yes I can" to the extreme. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a child as there is so much to do in the day for them. Tracey, Georgia and Val.

3 Thank traceyandgerogia
cumbris
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

room awful, dirty, dark, no view at all - were offered upgrade for £305 english, had a look at the offered upgrade to a suite but this was absolutely pitted, next day rep moved us to a new room which was OK,
Food very poor - quality and chioce and neither of us are fussy eaters.
location - terrible, cant walk anywhere without hassle (really bad) if you can find anwhere to walk to.
Pestered constantly around the pools by health club reps trying to sell anything from massages to toenail cutting, (this stopped after day 6 when we actually insulted the pest).
Old dated and dirty furniture and sunbeds around poolsa bars and restaraunt.
Only good points- hardworking staff, snorkelling, waterpark if your kids are very young, naama bay for life and quad bike safari.

1 Thank noddo
merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

stayed here in this place it was fantastic, the staff so friendly, food and drink good and the beach was good. get your free drinks there to. this complex was so well kept. the only downside was the "bedowin tent" the night entertainment was terrible. did not like this, looked like a flea pit and the drinks on what looked like a paste table. nothing to do of a night . But i would go there again i loved it.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vesMerseyside
Ayrshire, Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

we went all-inc. On theme nights you were asked for an aditional amount of money to be served a b.b.q at the aqua park, I always thought all-inc meant you had paid already. We had booked a superior room only to find our 15 year old daughter in same room sleeping on a camp bed on which her feet were off the end, superior means you get slippers and dressing gowns, we only ever had two towels even though we had 3 people in room, reception staff were totally unhelpful. Food was rotten in so much as that various families were ordering mcdonalds, KFC or burger king and getting them delivered to hotel. Bar staff were useless and slow unless you were tipping them, when they would serve you at same time as leaving bar unattended. Pool staff also were friendly if you were paying them to put towels on beds at 7am, I witnessed this taking place every morning. As for the shops the young egyptians are now so pushy that it is no longer fun to shop there anymore, we went to Sharm 2 years ago to another hotel which is now called tropicana grand azure, please for your own sakes pay the extra money and avoid the Park Inn. Plus points were the pools they are fantastic and really good for different needs, auqa park for young children, pool with swim up bar and activities, and also the quieter pool which can be very relaxing when not being pestered by massage people or someone wanting to braid your hair. I believe the pools are the only reason this hotel is 4* rated. The entertainment takes place in a bedouin tent in which you sit on carpets on the floor anyone using the tent seemed to keep getting bitten by mosquito's, there were some seats but not many, the panorama bar is nice to sit out for a short time and have a few drinks but no entertainment. Just to finish be prepared to be living next door to a building site, even though they dont do that much work when possible. Just to finish long trousers in dining room for men at night is rubbish, men were dining at night still wearing trunks, there is no dress code or if there is they dont bother their backside about it. To say i enjoyed this hotel would be lying, i would rather be truthful and say i was very disappointed with my stay at Park Inn, sharm el sheikh is now like blackpool with the sun

1 Thank cllmck
south wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

i have stayed in many hotels around the world and love to experience different cultures, however when we arrived at the park inn egypt i was shocked beyond belief, its filthy stinking dirty, staff are rude, harrasing and generally unpleasant. The food was awfull. Considering that we paid for all inclusive we ended up spending hundreds of pounds in Mcdonalds and local resteraunts that was after i had got over my three day stomach troubles. I have just entered this sight and seen that people are writing good reviews about the hotel so i thought i had better give a review of my own because i strongly advise anyone that is going to this resort to either change it for a different one or prepare yourselves for a big letdown!! we are even getting our money back from our tour operator as we have shown them photos of the resort and they were also horrified. From the building site that is the beach to the fact that you can feel the hotel shake every time a plane goes overhead and by the way they fly over the hotel very low, very frequently. I just have to say these people who have written good reviews obviously havent experienced what a proper hotel has to offer. I dont know about you, but dead flies in your dinner doesnt count towards your five a day. i noticed a few people saying about mosquito bites i think you might find that they werent mossy bites rather than little creatures that live in the beds at the park inn. The Desert trip is an absolute waste of money all you see is a dump site and dead camels left to rot. Snorkeling trip waste of money although the boat was the cleanest thing that we saw in egypt. I have yet to mention the bar staff constantly trying to push drugs onto people. I would never advise any of my friends or family to go to this hotel unless i fell out with them and wanted them to suffer. Before u book this resort why not think about adding an extra couple of hundred pounds and go to the gran bahia resort in Mexico because for your extra couple of quid you will get so much more.
The only good thing was the weather!!! Warren and michelle, newport, S Wales

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank wozza54
Edinburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

This hotel has a sister hotel opposite (SAS Radisson) which is on the coast, the Park Inn has the use of its sister hotels facilities. There are only two restraunts at the Park Inn both exactly the same layout and food, the food choices are very poor and there are no facilities for teenagers. During our stay we saw quests with union jack trunks, football tops at the various pools - it reminded me of something you would see in Benidorm.

If you are thinking of this resort, have teenage children and are looking for a variety of facilities then the Park Inn Hotel is not for you.

3 Thank parkwhite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#55 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,090 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
#10 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,518 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!