“Park Inn - Sharm El Sheik”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
gloucestershire
“Park Inn - Sharm El Sheik”
Reviewed 16 December 2009

Park Inn – Sharm El Sheik

Spent a week at the Park Inn and found it to be a very nice hotel in large beautifully kept grounds. The room was large, very clean and air conditioned. There are a number of pools all with their own bars and it boasts its own aqua park with various slides and a wave machine, when you check in you will each get a card that you use to obtain a freshly laundered towel. These towels are also available from a kiosk at the beach.
The staff are friendly, hardworking and courteous at all times, although at first it may seem the reception staff are not quite so helpful you will notice that they are just extremely busy and the telephones never stop ringing on the check in desk.

The restaurants serve a varied range of good quality food morning noon and night and have chefs on hand to cook some items to order. If you are at the beach they serve food and drink although this is a little more basic. It isn’t a really noisy hotel but there is entertainment at night in the Bedouin tent and if you like complete peace and quiet I would request a quiet room as I did, didn’t hear a thing all evening (the entertainment doesn’t go on late at night)

If you came here with children you probably wouldn’t need to leave the hotel grounds as there are numerous things to do, kids club, pool side activities, massage, spa, sports etc. television is provided but there are very few English channels available which isn’t a problem because you aren’t really there to watch tv.

A couple of slightly negative points are:

There could be more information regarding the hotels facilities, the welcome book in your room could provide more info, although you will find everything after a few days. Also I noticed the fixtures and fittings are showing some signs of wear but it isn’t surprising considering the amount of people that must pass through in a year.

General info.

Unless you are intending to go to Cairo, Luxor or Petra you don’t need to buy a separate visa at the airport despite what you read.
You don’t need to change much too Egyptian pounds, they will take dollars, sterling, euros etc and they will even give you change in English pounds.
Hygiene isn’t a problem every where is pretty spotless and the money doesn’t appear to be filthy as described by various people.
Don’t let shopkeepers hassle you just politely say no thank you, they will give up after a few days.
Winter months are lovely by day but slightly cooler in the evening; you may need more than a t shirt but certainly not a coat.

Snorkelling trips to Ras Mohhamed and Tiran are reasonable and worthwhile, although you need fins (provided on the boat) and be a reasonable swimmer as they anchor some way off the reef.
Quad biking in the desert is also good fun.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
sunseeker
Reviewed 16 December 2009

wall to wall sunshine,the staff work so hard to please you,very clean no bad tummy! the food not that bad fair choice.go with an open mind.dont need to take towels,and beach just across road.a little tip 5 egyption pound about 60p! now and then will ensure good service..they deserve it.oh by the way,the ruskies are plentyful but keep to themselves.would say 3 to 4star not 5,good for kids too great pools.want to go again! enjoy,daffy.

East Anglia
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We booked this last minute - having never been to Egypt, we didn't know what to expect. Looked up a couple of comments with regards to the hotels, and this one came out as one of the better hotels, so we went with this and prepared ourselves for what lay ahead!

What can I say?? It's unfortunate that there have been some people who didn't enjoy their stay at this hotel, however we have nothing but praise for the efforts of all of the staff to ensure that our stay was relaxing and everything a holiday should be.

We weren't particularly bothered about going on any trips, so this made us even more focussed on the hotel and what it had to offer.

Our room was of a very high standard, and serviced daily whilst we were out. The shower was great and much needed at the end of a day's sunbathing!

There were 2 main restaurants which opened to offer an all-inclusive buffet at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner time. There was so much food, and pleasingly, local food was included, as well as good old pizza and chips! There was also freshly grilled meat from the barbeque which also went down well at Lunch/Dinner time. The waiters were very amusing, attentive, and we made sure we had a giggle with them and make their work enjoyable - given what they had to put up with from some people who lacked manners and blatantly did not understand the concept of a queue.

The main pool was a tad cold for this time of year, however the water park, and the "fun" pool was heated so we could still go for a swim. The Lotus Bar was attentively served by "El Sayed". We could not have asked for greater service during the day and he made sure we were always topped up with drinks. He always had a smile on his face and took the time out to have a chat with us and make sure we were ok. He also served in the Panorama Bar, and again, made sure that the drinks kept flowing! We certainly made use of the bar, although, if you are a Bitter or Guinness drinker, don't expect to find these in Egypt (unless anyone knows otherwise - I had a very desperate boyfriend wanting Guinness badly!!)

You do get some Health Club centre, and tour guys coming round the pool offering massages, beauty treatments and submarine/quad/camel tours but these are connected with the hotel, and based on-site. If you're not interested, simply say so, and they'll let you get on with it. You may get a few "why aren't you interested... or let me give you a 2 minute massage" but if you aren't interested simply stick to what you've said.

The beach is a five minute walk across the road, or the hotel puts on a free shuttle bus service. There is a beach bar offering snacks and drinks, and is included in the all-inclusive service.

St George's Bar is a 10 minute walk down the road, opposite the Jasmine Centre, so for those of you missing the English fry-up, then this place is worth checking out.

Back at the hotel, there is the option of paying to have an "a la carte" meal which I would thoroughly recommend. I had the fish 5-course meal, and I was stuffed. My boyfriend had the mixed grill, and was too stuffed! Each meal cost between £13-£19 for a 5 course meal, and I would defy anyone in the UK to find a main course for this price alone, let alone a 5 course!

At the centre of our stay was Mohamed (events manager) who zipped around all day and night ensuring that everyone was having a good time. He was a great host for our private dining, and it was my birthday on one of the nights, so he got some of his colleagues together, and I was treated to them singing an Egyptian "Happy Birthday" celebration song with a cake!

Mohamed is an absolute legend and should run the hotel!!! We have fond, and very happy memories of our week last week. He and El Sayed made our break all the more enjoyable and we shared some great experiences of the local area!! I discovered a lot, not least the art of belly dancing!!

All in all, I found Egyptian people to be friendly, and it was slightly embarrassing at learning how many languages these guys speak to make us all feel welcome.... so we wasted no time in learning some useful Arabic words! When you first arrive in Egypt, expect a lot of people outside their shops trying to get you in there. It can be a bit overwhelming, but the best thing, as we found, was to either say "no", or simply go in the shop and simply see what they had got to offer... the guys at the shops always had a hello for us and were always willing to negotiate "Asda Price" or, if you were lucky, and drove a hard bargain, "Primark Price"!!!

We will be next year, and hope that my review has encouraged others to go and check this place out. Go with an open mind, and you'll have a brilliant time like we did!!

4 Thank CharlieChops77
Northampton, England
Reviewed 13 December 2009

On arrival we were told the hotel rooms were fully booked so they had upgraded our room to a family suite, free of charge. This comprised a large living room, large bedroom with balcony and two bathrooms. Very clean and bed/towels changed every day.
All the staff were extremely friendly and attentive - always had a smile on their face. The food was lovely. You could not possibly starve - I never understand those who are not willing to try something different. To have a large tuna freshly carved and put on my plate was a treat... and the veal... and the rack of lamb....!! Sure, they catered for the non-adventurous with a constant supply of chips but isn't trying something different part of the holiday experience? For those 'traditionalists' there is a very nice 'English' pub ten minute walk from the hotel.

The beach is a short 10 minute walk away, complete with a bar providing snacks, but there is a free shuttle bus. A walk on the jetty to the edge of the coral reef will leave you in awe - even if you don't go in the water.

If you want to go a little further afield use the local taxis. These are like blue and white camper vans. You simply hail them from the side of the road, tell them where you want to go and agree a price. This is considerably cheaper than using the hotel bus i.e. hotel bus to Naama Bay was 120 Egyptian Pounds return, the taxi was 5 each way!! The language is not a problem, most speak good, if not perfect, English and those who don't give you a friendly smile and point you on your way when you have reached your destination.

The availability of excursions are a plenty. We traveled to Petra - a very long day but well worth it. We also went on the submarine boat to view the fish on the coral reefs - words are inadequate to describe this experience - I can't recommend this enough.

The only disappointment was the evening entertainment. Although the animation team did their very best to put on nightly shows, they were at times out of their depth. The only other on-site evening entertainment was the bars. However, if you venture out of the complex there are clubs and bazaars to explore within easy reach by foot and taxi.

Overall, this was a very relaxing holiday which would not have been possible were it not for all the wonderful staff and facilities at this hotel.

1 Thank solanni1066
essex
Reviewed 12 December 2009

Had a fantastic time here at the Park inn resort. Staff friendly. Very helpful. Being that I am a single Mum travelling alone with my 2 young sons aged 1 and 5 they couldn't do enough for me here.
Water park was fantastic, but spent most days down the beach. A free bus takes you down and back up.
Found haggling with the locals in the shops tough at first but soon got the hang of that.
Food was nice found something for myself and the kids to eat every night.
The hotel is not really geared up for pushchairs as some of the bars were upstairs. However the reception staff were always helpful and carried pushchair up and down the stairs.
Only draw back was no kids menu, and naff entertainment. However other than that we all had a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kay_1976
Devon
Reviewed 11 December 2009

I have thought about what to write in this review about the Park inn since getting to Egypt. I have just signed up to Trip advisor ONLY to write this review!

EVERYBODY is different. Someone can write something great about the Park inn and someone can write something equally as bad about the Park inn. Only you can make your mind up of what you want think about the Park inn once you get there. I haven't read all the reviews of the park inn however I did read about 10 before leaving England AFTER booking the hotel and made my mind up that I would get out of my holiday what I wanted not what someone else has said about it. I might love it, I might hate it.

I really feel sorry for the people that had a bad time at this hotel. I made the most out of everyday and the worst thing about my week was stepping on the plane to come home. You get out of your holiday what you put in it. I was up early to make full use of the sunshine that the day would bring, I was in Egypt so I want to try food you wouldn't normally get in England.

Food. BIG TIP here. If you are worried about getting ill, stomach problems. On your first day have some yogurt. Not fruit yogurt even though this probably does still work. Natural white yogurt. I can't STAND the stuff but it works. I made myself eat a bowl of it on the first day and had no problems. The "good" bacteria in the yogurt is different to the bacteria you have from your own country. This will change things inside you, then no sickness.
Someone told me this once and I have never been ill from food in another country since.

I really tried not to take food I can have at home on my plate. Its an all inclusive, you can have as many chips as you like! GO to Tesco, buy a bag of chips for £1 and eat them in your front room. Someone said to me while I was choosing food, "The foods not very good is it? There's only pizza and chips." That was the only food on offer that you can get in England! I said, "Have you tried the other foods?" Oh no, I don't like them. Hadn't even tried them but KNOWS she didn't like them! mind of a 5 year old!

I wish I was a real fat person so I would have had a stomach so big I could have had 4 plates of food instead of just 2! The food was really good. The guys working in the restaurant as well ALWAYS had a smile on their faces and were happy at work. It says so much when you see people at work in this country! Do we smile all the time?

During the day we spent most of our time down on the beach which was really nice, a bar, food, ice cream, the red sea full of beautiful corals and amazing fish RIGHT there. I can't understand how people people can talk about the negative things when there are just so many positive. The pools and gardens were very clean and very well maintained.

The room. I would LOVE to spend a night in the nicest hotel in the world to find out what is different to this hotel room. Big open space, clean large bathroom. shower, hot water tv, drawls and wardrobe, comfortable bed. clean sheets and large towels, aircon. I don't understand how people can complain about the room. Mosquitoes yes. we did see 1 or 2. You are in a country that has mosquitoes! They can't put a sign up at the front of the hotel saying Mosquitoes not welcome can they? Get some repellent, close the doors at night time. I HATE Mosquitoes more than stinging nettles but why should a tiny insect RUIN your holiday for the whole week?

Overall, I had "possibly" one of the best holidays I have had anywhere. I don't know if it could have been better in a different hotel I do know it could have been a lot worse! I really rate the park inn. Warm sunshine in December only 5 hours on a plane away. I didn't want to come back and like I said, getting on the plane was the worst thing about the holiday. I will go back to Egypt and will ALWAYS go back to the Nabq bay area 100% over the namma bay area.

9 Thank DEVONsunlover1
London
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Two females aged 26 and 27 - looking for a break and some heat in winter
Stayed for 4 days

FOOD: No food issues. The usuals that you would expect.
Breakfast - Pancakes, Omlettes, Fried eggs, Cereals, Tea coffee
Lunch and Dinner - Pasta, Salad, Chips, Fish dish, Pasta dish
Fine for us!

ROOMS: We had a family room (they upgraded us for free). 2 bathrooms (ideal for 2 girls!), bedroom and living room, 2 balconies. Hairdryer in bathroom. Clean and spacious

LOCATION: Didnt go to the beach, as the pool was fine. In the evening we went to naama bay. Managed to get a taxi for 40 Egyptian pounds each way (£4.50 each way). It takes about 15 minutes.

NIGHTLIFE: Within the resort, the nightlife was ok, but had the worst hangover with the vodka in the hotel! Naama bay was good. Clubs I would recommend are Pacha, Little Buddha and Hard Rock Cafe (Be aware they all play house music - except on fridays). Entrance to the clubs are 100 Egyptian pounds (£11.20). But we managed to talk our way in for free.

POOL: The heated pool was great, didnt use the aqua park , but would be ideal for families with children. Someone stole our towels at the pool so don't leave them around!

SHOPPING: The shop next to the bank outside the hotel sells official GHDs for £30! Plus the guy in there is really nice!

SPA/ HEALTH CENTRE: We paid £50 for 3, 50 minute massages. But, after we didnt tip them on the first day, they ended up being more like 40 minutes, and they were a bit rough - I didnt want my toes clicked - ouch!

OVERALL: The hotel was great for the price that we paid!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank lickledipper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#60 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#94 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
#63 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Gold...
#76 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!