The first point to make is that the Tour Operators should not be rating the Hotel as 5*, although I note some rate it as 4* - which is more accurate. The high rating creates false expectation which is likely to upset some people and leads to some of the, frankly, overly negative reviews. Generally, I judge a hotel by the experience I have and whether or not I get a great holiday, not on how nice the reception area is - these things add to the ambience but don't materially affect the holiday. I have just come back from a 10 day break with my young family and we had a great time, and that was in no small part due to the wonderful staff and the fact that the management took great care and attention to make sure everything was fine. I have stayed in true 5* hotels with nice receptions, elegant rooms, smart restaurants and so on, but there I felt I was just a commodity to be served efficiently, to be overcharged and then to move on swiftly. For its flaws, and it does have a few, we found the Rehana Resort to be a friendly place - so many staff made such a fuss of our kids and they went out of their way to do the small things really well. A small observation to share - the staff respond well to politeness and respect. If you say hello or good morning and use their name, we found you always get a response in kind. So use those name badges....
During our stay we met someone from the management team who is leading a range of improvements to the hotel facilities, food and general presentation. A new reception should be ready this summer, along with a new gym and some changes specifically targeted at British tourists - new menu, quieter residential areas, private pools and so on. If you have already booked for the summer you may start to benefit from these. Some of the criticisms about the Rehana are fair - the food can be a little bland and the serving of drinks lacks finesse, and the spa needs an overhaul. I think they have taken these points on board from several Brits and are making the changes now. However, the speciality restaurants were all good, the grounds really lovely and the pools were excellent. We enjoyed all our organised trips and the hotel taxi service and courtesy bus worked well for you own ventures out. There is plenty of aerobics and dancing sessions on - so if you don't have kids, or can get some 'me' time, you can keep yourself amused. Our room was clean and well furnished. The supply of towels was fine and their little towel sculptures were great. My only criticism of the accomodation was that it could do with a bit more colour/imagination in the decor - but then I have seen that a lot in AI hotels across many countries.
Final comment about the Russians and East Europeans. I read a lot of people getting hot under the collar about this. Most of this is just culture clash. Anyway, get used to it because their tourists are coming in ever greater numbers to Turkey, Greece, Mexico and Cuba as well. Yes, some of them were a bit boorish and rude, but the vast majority of families there were well behaved and kept their own company. They caused us no problems and did not spoil our holiday in any way. Let's be honest, us Brits export some 'choice' individuals all around Europe but we don't all vomit in doorways and pass out drunk in the street do we? Take people as you find them - we did meet friendly people from Belarus, Russia and Poland.
As I said earlier, the Hotel is planning to make changes to cater better for the differing needs of Brits/Europeans and the Russians. I should also add that the Rehana is no different from any other hotel in the resort in terms of its tourist make up - it is unfair to criticise the hotel because of who books to stay there!
So to sum up - the Rehana needs some areas for improvement but we had a great holiday there and so should you. Don't let some of the frankly ridiculous reviews put you off. The other Brits we talked to there were enjoying their holiday too. I think the silent majority should speak up a bit more and provide some balance. My guess is also that if you booked for later summer or autumn this year you will get to see some of the changes which might also add a little extra icing to your holiday cake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable 4* hotel was designed for those who love the sea, sun and fun together. Cozy and intimate, with a complex of fancy shaped pools, it is perfect for a family holiday. The hotel offers an interesting entertainment program from morning till the very evening with lots of attractions. Care about our youngest visitors is our priority! Water slides and playgrounds - a paradise for children. And for sure a lot of new international friends will be a nice special bonus. Great place to fly-by-night with excellent disco, various evening shows and late dinner and all the refreshments throughout the day. Rooms : The hotel has a total number of 666 rooms of different types: * Standard - 25-29 m² - comfortable room * Superior - 28-30 m² - comfortable room of a larger size * Family -30-35 m² - one large room * Executive - 30-35 m² - luxury room * Suite - 45-60 m² - luxury 2-rooms apartment Each room is equipped with individually controlled air conditioning, private bathroom with shower or bath, television, telephone, safe box. Balcony or terrace with a beautiful view of the garden, which is well taken care of, palm trees and swimming pools can be found in every room. KIDS CLUB: The comfort of our smallest guests is our priority. Kids Club was established for those who are searching for fun and joy all over the days. A variety of activities, hand works, games and fun with experienced, professional and lovely international team of kid's animators will make your child wish to stay there forever. Two outside playgrounds will help parents to enjoy all the leisure activities together with their children not only in the Kids Club but on the beach as well. And for sure everybody are welcome for the most important part of the program - Mini - Disco! ENTERTAINMENT: Every day various classes with an international animation team (yoga, dance lessons, water volleyball, etc..) are provided all over the territory of hotel. Our evening shows held in the Old Egyptian Amphitheatre will take you to the fairytale of Arabic night. Fakir show, belly dancers, Egyptian art, derwish show will create the spirit of ancient magic . And our live singer, violin performances and dance competition will help you to discover your hidden talents. Sombrero Disco will take you into fly-by-night tour under the latest hits together with our DJ SPORT: The hotel's aqua-park consists of 12 different shaped swimming pools with area of 6,000 m² in total, large and small for children, with water slides for everybody. Some of them , including the Main one, are heated in winter. Our international animation team offers different opportunities to train not only sense of humor but body as well. Everyday you can enjoy and have a lot of fun with: * GYM and fitness * Tennis courts * Table tennis competition * Volleyball tournament * Darts * Water Polo * Aqua-aerobics * Belly-dance and Latino -dance lessons Rehana 24 Hours All Inclusive: * 24 hours food & beverages service in all of our 25 outlets (restaurants , bars ,snack corners) * Three main buffet meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner ) & Kids' corner * Four a la carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Indian and Lebanese) * Early breakfast, late breakfast, snacks, tea time and late dinner * Snack Beach bar (beverages & snacks ) * Kids' snack corner * Food Court with full amenities * Entertainment (daily animation program, night shows ) * Sports (mini football, basketball tennis courts, table tennis, GYM, water polo, aerobics , dances lessons, darts,..) * Free entrance to Sombrero Disco. * Tea & coffee service at the rooms (upon request ) Rehana Ultra All Inclusive: * Enjoy the 24 hours formula PLUS: * 24 hours All inclusive food & beverages (including drinks at the disco) * Three additional visits to a la carte restaurants (Asian and Oriental in Rehana Royal Beach and Seafood restaurant on the beach) * Space Disco in Rehana Royal Beach free of charge entrance & drinks * Mini bar upon arrival & 2 bottles of water daily * Fresh fruit platter upon arrival * Free Shuttle bus to and from Naama Bay/ Old Market * Free SPA package (Jacuzzi, steam bath, sauna, Turkish bath) once per stay * Laundry service (once per stay) * Sports (mini football, table tennis , tennis court during the day & in night time free of charge) * Turn down service * Free Internet daily * Rehana souvenirs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Rehana Sharm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rehana Sharm Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rehana Sharm El Sheikh
- Rehana Sharm Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay