This was our 7th trip to Sharm; first to this particular hotel. Have to say that ALL staff that we encountered were MOST helpful, accommodating and very pleasant at all times. The reception front staff were great and couldn't help you enough with any queries, albeit they all seemed to be working there 18 hours per day - always the same faces day and night!!! Bar staff we found helpful and courteous as were all the pool staff, gardeners, maintenace, domestics.
Our room was on the 2nd floor in Block 9 - ideal for us and we were very pleased with both the room and location. Cleaned quite well everyday with fresh towels left, some towel art on some days as well. Beds we thought were about the best we have had in majority of countries - highly comfortable!!!! Bottled water left each day. Fridge in room.
Food wise - mmmmm Buffet was very hit and miss we thought; hence we only actually ate there at breakfast time, one lunchtime and one evening. We went to all the Al a Carte Restaurants - Mexican, VERY good, Italian VERY good, Indian VERY good, Lebanese good. Waiters attentive and very nice. We paid for a Seafood meal at "Moonlight Restaurant" which is located on the beach of the Royal Rehana Hotel - VERY nice, loads of freshly cooked seafood; would recommend if you wish to pay (not a lot of money in sterling). Lunchtime - Food Court is defo the place to go - lots of different food each day, ice cream, pancakes, waffles etc etc. Far superior, in our opinion, to the lunchtime buffet.
Weather - first time since 2005 saw rain there!!! Rooms flooded, hotel flooded and staff were running round for about 12 hours endeavouring to clear up everything.
Pools - cleaned each day (actually witnessed that twice). Heated pools too cold for me however!!
Downside bits: - music throughout gardens played from 7am (woke us up almost daily) thru to midnight - whale/meditated like sound - highly irritating and we thought totally unnecessary. Buffet bit naff we thought, packed with EU residents - majority of which were very rude to both tourists and especially staff -again, totally unnecessary as staff seemed very nice to all English.
As I first stated, been to Sharm 7 times now, wouldn't rush back to this hotel unless got a very good deal but also wouldn't rule it out either - good and bad in most places unless one pays for an upmarket hotel in Sharm.
Met some nice English people - VERY few of us there first 3 days - "Hello" to Terry and Linda, Sue and Keith, Liz - nice to have met you all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable 4* hotel was designed for those who love the sea, sun and fun together. Cozy and intimate, with a complex of fancy shaped pools, it is perfect for a family holiday. The hotel offers an interesting entertainment program from morning till the very evening with lots of attractions. Care about our youngest visitors is our priority! Water slides and playgrounds - a paradise for children. And for sure a lot of new international friends will be a nice special bonus. Great place to fly-by-night with excellent disco, various evening shows and late dinner and all the refreshments throughout the day. Rooms : The hotel has a total number of 666 rooms of different types: * Standard - 25-29 m² - comfortable room * Superior - 28-30 m² - comfortable room of a larger size * Family -30-35 m² - one large room * Executive - 30-35 m² - luxury room * Suite - 45-60 m² - luxury 2-rooms apartment Each room is equipped with individually controlled air conditioning, private bathroom with shower or bath, television, telephone, safe box. Balcony or terrace with a beautiful view of the garden, which is well taken care of, palm trees and swimming pools can be found in every room. KIDS CLUB: The comfort of our smallest guests is our priority. Kids Club was established for those who are searching for fun and joy all over the days. A variety of activities, hand works, games and fun with experienced, professional and lovely international team of kid's animators will make your child wish to stay there forever. Two outside playgrounds will help parents to enjoy all the leisure activities together with their children not only in the Kids Club but on the beach as well. And for sure everybody are welcome for the most important part of the program - Mini - Disco! ENTERTAINMENT: Every day various classes with an international animation team (yoga, dance lessons, water volleyball, etc..) are provided all over the territory of hotel. Our evening shows held in the Old Egyptian Amphitheatre will take you to the fairytale of Arabic night. Fakir show, belly dancers, Egyptian art, derwish show will create the spirit of ancient magic . And our live singer, violin performances and dance competition will help you to discover your hidden talents. Sombrero Disco will take you into fly-by-night tour under the latest hits together with our DJ SPORT: The hotel's aqua-park consists of 12 different shaped swimming pools with area of 6,000 m² in total, large and small for children, with water slides for everybody. Some of them , including the Main one, are heated in winter. Our international animation team offers different opportunities to train not only sense of humor but body as well. Everyday you can enjoy and have a lot of fun with: * GYM and fitness * Tennis courts * Table tennis competition * Volleyball tournament * Darts * Water Polo * Aqua-aerobics * Belly-dance and Latino -dance lessons Rehana 24 Hours All Inclusive: * 24 hours food & beverages service in all of our 25 outlets (restaurants , bars ,snack corners) * Three main buffet meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner ) & Kids' corner * Four a la carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Indian and Lebanese) * Early breakfast, late breakfast, snacks, tea time and late dinner * Snack Beach bar (beverages & snacks ) * Kids' snack corner * Food Court with full amenities * Entertainment (daily animation program, night shows ) * Sports (mini football, basketball tennis courts, table tennis, GYM, water polo, aerobics , dances lessons, darts,..) * Free entrance to Sombrero Disco. * Tea & coffee service at the rooms (upon request ) Rehana Ultra All Inclusive: * Enjoy the 24 hours formula PLUS: * 24 hours All inclusive food & beverages (including drinks at the disco) * Three additional visits to a la carte restaurants (Asian and Oriental in Rehana Royal Beach and Seafood restaurant on the beach) * Space Disco in Rehana Royal Beach free of charge entrance & drinks * Mini bar upon arrival & 2 bottles of water daily * Fresh fruit platter upon arrival * Free Shuttle bus to and from Naama Bay/ Old Market * Free SPA package (Jacuzzi, steam bath, sauna, Turkish bath) once per stay * Laundry service (once per stay) * Sports (mini football, table tennis , tennis court during the day & in night time free of charge) * Turn down service * Free Internet daily * Rehana souvenirs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rehana Sharm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rehana Sharm Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rehana Sharm El Sheikh
- Rehana Sharm Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay