I can't believe some of the bad reviews on this site with regards to this hotel!! I have been to Sharm 5 times now, staying at a variety of 4 and 5 star hotels including Sheriton and Tropicana Grand Oasis and the Rehana Sharm Resort has been by far the most outstanding.
The complex is beautiful, extremely large pools catering for all ages and swimming abilities and water slides to suit all ages (including adults). I have never been to a resort in Egypt that also states 'All Inclusive' and means it. Normally at most hotels the all inclusive excludes drinks at certain bars and snacks, but everything was included here. You could never be hungry as there is food available at various points all the time and the staff are always happy to help. The food was also the best myself or my partner have ever had in Egypt.
Entertainment wasn't exactly booming however this is typical of all resorts in Egypt. However what was particarly special was the effort the resort put on to cater for the England world cup match, They put up an OHP screen, and separate area was set up with flags and posters around the bar. The staff really catered for the event, especially as Egypt weren't even playing!
The reviews that mention about the Russians, this is true, they are rude and obnoxious, however this hotel barely had any in comparison to all other resorts I have stayed in. For anybody who is new to Sharm, the Russians go over to Egypt all the time as they get good discounts due to a government agreement, so no matter where you stay there is no avoiding then. However this hotel doesn't have many at all and the staff make it very clear they do not like them and much prefer the English so try not to let this worry you!
The rooms are a good size all with either a good size Balacony or terrace area and the majority have lovely views. The rooms were cleaned daily, and the Pool area and Gardens were cleaned regularly throughout the day.
Tipping is a typical tradition in Egypt. It is expected anywhere you stay and in Naama Bay this is not at fault of the resort, again you will find it anywhere you stay. The same with Taxi prices. In June 2010 you could expect to pay between 60-70 Egyption Pounds to go from Rehana Resort to Naama Bay, but ofcoarse if you don't agree up front then expect the driver to try it on! This is typical in any foreign country.
The trips available at this resort or any other are amazing, The Jeep Safari, Quad Biking, Tiran Island Boat Trip, Bedowin Dinner are to name but a few and are all fantastic.
For the price we paid through a1 travel and the experience we had both myself and my partner have said how we would definitely go back to this resort if we did go back to Sharm for a 6th time. This is the first time I have ever said I would recommend a resort to my friends or family. Anyone who says different clearly need a reality check.!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable 4* hotel was designed for those who love the sea, sun and fun together. Cozy and intimate, with a complex of fancy shaped pools, it is perfect for a family holiday. The hotel offers an interesting entertainment program from morning till the very evening with lots of attractions. Care about our youngest visitors is our priority! Water slides and playgrounds - a paradise for children. And for sure a lot of new international friends will be a nice special bonus. Great place to fly-by-night with excellent disco, various evening shows and late dinner and all the refreshments throughout the day. Rooms: The hotel has a total number of 666 rooms of different types: * Standard - 25-29 m² - comfortable room * Superior - 28-30 m² - comfortable room of a larger size * Family -30-35 m² - one large room * Executive - 30-35 m² - luxury room * Suite - 45-60 m² - luxury 2-rooms apartment Each room is equipped with individually controlled air conditioning, private bathroom with shower or bath, television, telephone, safe box. Balcony or terrace with a beautiful view of the garden, which is well taken care of, palm trees and swimming pools can be found in every room. KIDS CLUB: The comfort of our smallest guests is our priority. Kids Club was established for those who are searching for fun and joy all over the days. A variety of activities, hand works, games and fun with experienced, professional and lovely international team of kid's animators will make your child wish to stay there forever. Two outside playgrounds will help parents to enjoy all the leisure activities together with their children not only in the Kids Club but on the beach as well. And for sure everybody are welcome for the most important part of the program - Mini - Disco! ENTERTAINMENT: Every day various classes with an international animation team (yoga, dance lessons, water volleyball, etc..) are provided all over the territory of hotel.Our evening shows held in the Old Egyptian Amphitheatre will take you to the fairytale of Arabic night. Fakir show, belly dancers, Egyptian art, derwish show will create the spirit of ancient magic . And our live singer, violin performances and dance competition will help you to discover your hidden talents. Sombrero Disco will take you into fly-by-night tour under the latest hits together with our DJ SPORT: The hotel's aqua-park consists of 12 different shaped swimming pools with area of 6,000 m² in total, large and small for children, with water slides for everybody. Some of them , including the Main one, are heated in winter. Our international animation team offers different opportunities to train not only sense of humor but body as well. Everyday you can enjoy and have a lot of fun with: * GYM and fitness * Tennis courts * Table tennis competition * Volleyball tournament * Darts * Water Polo * Aqua-aerobics * Belly-dance and Latino -dance lessons Rehana 24 Hours All Inclusive: * 24 hours food & beverages service in all of our 25 outlets (restaurants , bars ,snack corners) * Three main buffet meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner ) & Kids' corner * Four a la carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Indian and Lebanese) * Early breakfast, late breakfast, snacks, tea time and late dinner * Snack Beach bar (beverages & snacks ) * Kids' snack corner * Food Court with full amenities * Entertainment (daily animation program, night shows ) * Sports (mini football, basketball tennis courts, table tennis, GYM, water polo, aerobics , dances lessons, darts,..) * Free entrance to Sombrero Disco. * Tea & coffee service at the rooms (upon request ) Rehana Ultra All Inclusive: * Enjoy the 24 hours formula PLUS: * 24 hours All inclusive food & beverages (including drinks at the disco) * Three additional visits to a la carte restaurants (Asian and Oriental in Rehana Royal Beach and Seafood restaurant on the beach) * Space Disco in Rehana Royal Beach free of charge entrance & drinks * Mini bar upon arrival & 2 bottles of water daily * Fresh fruit platter upon arrival * Free Shuttle bus to and from Naama Bay/ Old Market * Free SPA package (Jacuzzi, steam bath, sauna, Turkish bath) once per stay * Laundry service (once per stay) * Sports (mini football, table tennis , tennis court during the day & in night time free of charge) * Turn down service * Free Internet daily * Rehana souvenirs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rehana Sharm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rehana Sharm Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rehana Sharm El Sheikh
- Rehana Sharm Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay