“An Oasis within an Oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siwa
Carols Ghaliet Ecolodge Siwa
Ranked #1 of 11 Siwa B&B and Inns
Austria
“An Oasis within an Oasis”
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Siwa as such is not anymore an Oasis, but rather a busy and dirty palce in the middle of the dessert. But within the walls of Ghaliet you get back the feeling of being in an Oasis, just as it has been 25 years ago. Beautiful rooms, great design, striking simplicity, good functionality and extremely friendly service. Not the cheapest place, but worth every cent you pay. We had room 10 and that was just superb! The glass window in the roof made it possible to watch the stars from bed. Always would go there again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Abusultan

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Priors Hardwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel more highly! We stayed four nights in wonderful surroundings within 2 kilometres of the centre of Siwa (bicycles are easy and inexpensive to hire) and had first class service with deliciously cooked local produce

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cjhodgson
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is a truly magical place! The hotel is beautiful and the staff are excellent! We were sad to leave. If you have the opportunity, book a desert dinner excursion- it's one of the highlights for our entire trip around Egypt.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Meliss90
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Once I arrived , I have got this peaceful feeling. every thing there is reflecting peace .The ecolodge ,the Garden , the mud and salt construction and the people.
People are very helpful ,,The food is a special experience. In the reception ,they are very helpful and arrange all the excursions I asked for.
I am sure I will return back to Ghaliet very soon.

Room Tip: upper room with ceiling glass window is fantastic
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hans h
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The rooms are great, the place is stunning. The service is painfully slow. Service is bad almost everywhere in Egypt, but even worst here. Two hours for breakfast to get a cup of tea and fried eggs... At lunch time, i've asked for a specific plate, explaining that we were leaving with a guide in ninety minutes. One hour later, somebody comes to tell me that my plate is not availabe and that it would take an extra hour to make another one. I already told them that a guide was coming to get us really soon and that I needed to eat ... So I had to take exactly the same thing that I had for breakfast so I could get something quick.

You could easily spend a whole day here in the dining room and get only one meal... If you ever get it..

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank hdhajajhdddbajja
ghaliet, General Manager at Carols Ghaliet Ecolodge Siwa, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Dear Valuable guest,
I apologize for what happened,But please would you mind accepting our excuse as it is the first day of the occasion of EL ADHA Feast ,and as all our employees are indigenous ,we used to respect their traditions to let them sacrifice at that day with their families and come to the work.
This is why they were late and slowly in their response. We promise you if you give us the chance to receive you for second time in normal days or in the other occasions ,you will not suffer from the slowness of service.
please accept my apology again.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The Ghaliet Ecolodge was a truly stunning place to stay. Soon after arriving at the ecolodge we were greeted by the owner, Magdy, who took us on a tour of the place and showed us how each room is unique. The rooms are beautifully built incorporating elements from nature brilliantly into the design while also bringing the outside in, with skylights cut into the roof to allow visitors to lie in bed and watch the stars. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were delicious. The most amazing part of the ecolodge has to be the pool though - it was stunning!! What a beautiful place to stay!

Room Tip: Request a room with the skylight so you can see the stars.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ClaireZerna
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We read the reviews for a lot of places in Siwa before going (and popped into check out a few while we were there) and suffice it to say, I'm so glad we chose the Ghaliet. First off, Magdy who I dealt with before our arrival over email was very helpful and straightforward. He made sure someone was there to pick us up at the bus station when we arrived and was always prompt whenever I had an email question. As for the hotel itself...the grounds are beautiful, clean and very well maintained. They're full of fresh herbs and flowers and a pool that really is a god send on a hot day. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially Ali who goes out of his way to make sure you have an enjoyable trip. And the food..the food was honestly some of the best we had in Egypt. Both my partner and I are vegetarian so food-wise Egypt wasn't easy but the cook at Ghaliet made some amazing dishes for us. Also, the hotel arranged our day long excursion to the desert and it was, by the far, the best day we had on the trip Ahmed was our driver and I highly recommend him...relaxed, calm, informative but never pushy...it was perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple