This the first time my wife & I have holidayed in a resort location and as such we didn't really know what to expect. But after a day or so feeling guilty about not doing anything other than lounging around the pool etc. we had difficulty coming to grips with the idea of leaving and getting back into the day to day grind of our working lives.
The hotel was fantastic with a great buffet breakfast included. Although we only had the basic "Garden View" room it was more than adequate; with the exception that the refrigerator was verging on useless. But there is ice available from conveniently located machines.
The hotel is located about 10-15 minutes from the ferry terminal (pre-arrange transport) and 5-10 from the airport ( warning: when departing Moorea using Air Tahiti get to the airport an hour prior to departure; our plane arrived in Papeete before it was due to depart). The hotel has a fantastic pool, as well as provides kayaks and snorkelling equipment free of charge. The bar and restaurant have friendly staff that provide excellent food and beverage. The hotel is surrounded by a number of restaurants, shops and a supermarket all within easy walking distance. The hotel also has a pearl shop where the owner is also the resident jeweller; he produces an excellent quality product. According to my wife we will certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the "Rumi Avai" where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea French Polynesia