We really loved almost everything about this resort. My biggest criticism was the lousy internet service. Surely, if you can get a great internet connection at a picnic table by a food truck, this expensive resort could find a way to get a good connection to all of their bungalows, even if it is wired rather than WiFi.
We knew that they loaned snorkel equip free of charge, but they ought to publicize that also have single and double kayaks and stand-up paddle boards which they loan, free of charge.
Before our trip I had trouble finding out exact what kind of electrical outlets they have. We had a deluxe overwater bungalow and it included: bathroom(110v shaver), living area(220v French round prongs), desk(one 220v French round prongs, and one regular 110v U.S. prongs). I brought along a short 3-outlet extension cord which I plugged in at the desk area, giving us ample outlets to charge our computer, tablets, etc.
The location of this hotel is very convenient. It is a 5 min. walk to the little "town" of Maharepa which has a decent grocery store, restaurants, and other shops. It is definitely more conveniently located than the other major resorts - Hilton, Intercontinental, and Sofitel. If you aren't renting a car this is a definite advantage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the "Rumi Avai" where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea French Polynesia