Tahiti was always going to be our honeymoon destination, with an overwater bungalow a must. Upon arriving at Sofitel we were thrilled to see that the lagoon looked as amazing in real life as it did in pictures.
We were desperately hoping that we would be allocated a bungalow at the end of the pier and were so happy when the buggy kept driving right to the end! We stayed in 216 (superior OWB). It was absolute heaven on that deck - we ate most of our lunch meals in our room so we could enjoy the deck, and it was great to have a shaded section as well as an open section where the sunbed was. The room was spacious, clean, and serviced well every day. All of the staff were lovely to deal with, very friendly.
The swimming and snorkelling was amazing, we spent lots of time in the water and it was fantastic to have access to all of this right off the deck.
The convenience shop onsite is quite expensive, it's best to go to the supermarket to stock up. You can ask at reception to go, and a taxi will come along shortly to take you - they will wait for you while you shop. I can't remember how much it cost but it was well worth it to stock up on water, juice, snacks etc.
We loved all of our room service meals. We had the breakfast and dinner package - we are late risers so only had breakfast twice but it was very nice. The dinners in the main restaurant are buffets with different themes each night. It was a bit hit and miss, but there was generally enough to choose from to have a satisfying meal. We ate at K on our final night and it was absolutely superb - we should have visited sooner.
We only ventured out of the resort once - we wanted to do quad biking but it was fully booked. So we did a the inland safari trip instead and it was fantastic. Frankie our guide was very entertaining and the scenery was stunning.
Cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia