“Excellent Experience on all accounts”
Review of Marks Place Moorea

Marks Place Moorea
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed at Mark's place for three days and were extremely pleased with everything, The bungalows are FULLY equipped for making your own food, complete with a stove, refrigerator, cooking utensils, water heaters etc. Mark makes each bungalow feel like home. There is also a store walking distance from the accommodation which is convenient if you want to make your own food. Mark was EXTREMELY helpful with everything from showing us surf spots, a ton of free activities on the island and giving us a map to guide us on our Moorea adventures. He also has bicycles and kayaks on his property for you to use as well. I couldn't ask for a nicer accommodation, host, and location for the cost especially.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Recently a group of 4 of us went to Marks Place Moorea.On arrival we were told by Mark that we were in paradise and here nothing ever gets locked he leaves all his pocessions out all the time it was so safe and wonderful.It had been a long trip and we were anxious to get settled and have dinner and neither couple gave any thought to the fact that we hadn`t been given any bungalow keys.A week later my cousin had a large sum of money stolen from her bad, hidden in a cupboard under the bedroom t.v. nothing else had been disturbed.At fist Mark was very helpful taking her to the polce station and even lending us his car for two days, but when he became aware that we had spoken of the theft to others he became extremely abusive to us all even to screaming the [--] word at my cousin and accusing her of stealing her own money in the full view of the whole compound.He threatend to have us deported???? and only stopped ranting at us when we requested he ring the police to come there immediately.He had also refused to hand over our passports for several hours, we had left them the safe he told us he had after the robbery, he also gave us room keys again after the theft had occured not that our keys were of any use as the sliding door in our bedroom was unfinished and had no lock or bottom rail.
My advice is if you go there STAY AWAY from Mark better still find somewhere else to go this man is not stable something he did admit to but did not apologise for, his behaviour was totally unexceptable anywhere at anytime. We are all in our 60`s and have travelled extensively and never encountered anything like this from our hosts.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
18  Thank karen d
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband, baby and I spent 8 nights here and loved our bungalow fare mahana it was really cool nice and homely to stay in...........the gardens are absolutely beautiful. We received excellent service from Mark the whole time we were there and I felt he went out of his way to help out with whatever we needed. The bungalows have everything you need and there are shops very close by for anything you don't have. The availability of kayaks bikes and snorkel gear was a bonus and the price of the accommodation is extremely reasonable for what you get. We would definitely recommend Marks Place for a relaxing holiday...........we thoroughly enjoyed our time here.........Mauruuru

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Capryce H
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Mark built the entire place from the ground up. You can tell he spent his life on this place making it beautiful. I came with a large group and we ended up being able to rent out the entire place. All the rooms were beautiful! So unique in their own way. Each place had their own kitchen with everything you needed. From the time we got there till the end Mark made sure we had everything we needed in order to make our time there pleasant. He even offered to give us rides to the beach and access to his wifi along with full access to his kayaks, bikes, etc. Some of the neighbours ended up asking if they could put on a little performance for us one night. We had Tahitian dancers, fire breathers and jugglers etc. One of the ladies even gave me her beautiful flowered head piece she made!!

Mark and his team were very pleasant and very sweet. He became like a friend to all of us. You could tell he wanted nothing more than to make sure we had everything we needed to have the perfect vacation.

I would recommend this place to anyone who's looking for a nice quiet place. I would come back again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 8 May 2012

2012 05 03
Marks-place is a wonderful place to stay in Moorea if you like nature and surf. I stayed there several days and enjoyed very much my stay. His bungalows are equipped with everything, small kitchen, etc, and everything works. Prices are very reasonable for this type of accommodation. This area is also very secure. If you are a surfer it is a paradise, if you are not, like me, it is simply an ideal place to unwind.
Mark was a great host.

Room Tip: Mark will select the bingalow that is right for you depending on the number of person. Warning dont...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Since first coming to Mark’s Place in 2005 I have stayed in just about all the bungalows on offer. I live on Tahiti and so I know both Mark and his accommodation very well. I would say that you would be hard pressed to find better quality or better value accommodation anywhere in French Polynesia. Mark is a true craftsman who has lovingly designed and constructed all of the bungalows himself and his imagination is evident everywhere. It is clear, both from the accommodation and the hospitality, that he places people before profit. Mark has spent half his life on the Territory and has established a fine reputation as a friendly, honest and helpful host. If you come to mark’s Place you will not be disappointed as you have the best of both worlds: tranquillity in a heavenly setting and an astonishing range of activities to fill the days.
Please ignore those sad, malicious individuals who gain pleasure from trolling this website (as opposed to those who give constructive criticism).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank fetia-tahiti
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had a very pleasant stay with Mark. I had only been there for few days, but enough to make me wish to come back asap. I wonder the unpleasant experiences people had, as I can only speak of my own experience... I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maharepa
Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea
Pension Motu Iti
Pension Motu Iti
#16 of 22 in Moorea
Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort

Been to Marks Place Moorea? Share your experiences!