“Amazing place, wonderful stay”

Grebnos Stone-house Apartments
Ranked #3 of 74 Ohrid B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at Grebnos for a couple of days this summer, It's a wonderful place, with a beautiful view. The rooms are very clean and ancient like designed. The owners were very friendly and helpful, be sure to ask them anything you want to get some information or help. I'm looking forward to visit again sometime... :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bojana M

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The last week of June 2014 we spent five, glorious days in Ohrid, Macedonia at the Grebnos Stonehouse Apartments! The view from our terrace was breath-taking and we had the luxury of leaving our french doors open to the fresh air, and the glorious view. Our host, Pavel was wonderful. We had a wonderful Macedonian meal with him and his sweet assistant on a lovely terrace sharing wine and great conversation!! It's funny what will catch your eye within a room, but I loved the large inlaid stone shower! The room was spacious and we had a queen bed and a single bed should we have had a child with us which we didn't. Pavel obtained a guide for us so we could get the scenic drive around Lake Ohrid both the Macedonian and the Albanian sides. His son drove us to the Skopje Alexander the Great International Airport which was great with the amount of luggage that we had!! I cannot recommend this place enough if you are planning to go to Ohrid for the first or many times!

Room Tip: All the rooms have the wonderful view of Lake Ohrid.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Carol J
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a very pleasant stay with Pavel. What the apartment laks in luxery it gains in authenticity. With a view to die for. A real gem for people who do not want to stay amongst other tourists but want a taste of Macedonian life. It's in the old town of Ohrid. The cobblestone streets are a bit steep but you get used to it. Pavel, the owner is a very nice and funny man who likes to share a good bottle of wine with you. You can use his kitchen if you like but there are a lot of nice restaurants nearby.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lojan V
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I spent one week at Lake Ohrid during my long Balkans vacation, the staying at Grebnos Stone House was truly pleasant, enjoyable and unbeatable! The room is super clean and well equipped with TV, fridge, coffee machine, dining table, outdoor table and chairs, the most amazing royal terrace(room 1 has the biggest terrace) is full of flowers and one little olive tree overlooking the lake, I could just sit in the sun chair doing nothing for the whole day just appreciating the stunning view and smelling the blossoming scent. Pavel and his family are the most warm hospitable owner I have ever met, Pavel brought one bottle complimentary wine welcoming me traveled rough journey from Albania to Ohrid, invited me dinner with his family, took me joining his family's BBQ at their lovely, tranquil and rustic private beach on the weekend which actually kicked off the summer holiday! then the following day I spent another sunny day on this gorgeous beach...everything about Grebnos is perfect and flawless, I wish I would come back and stay longer as much as I could someday! Thank you Pavel!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AdeleChen
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was at "Grebnos Stone- house with some friends in the last week in May. The first thing you will discover is that the house is very special.

Little by little you will discover why is special .... Grebnos is build by the owner, Pavel .... and Pavel is quite a character. He is full of energy and good ideas. And a problem solver. He knows Ohrid area like his pockets.

And the house ... the first sentiment is you got in Alladin's Cave ... then you'll find a house build in stone, very functional and with taste. And a super-view over Lake Ohrid!

I have a felling that romanian will be spoken again in Grebnos!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Octav_11
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The terrace from Grebnos stone house was a another life for me. The terrace was so generous, then I put my bed there, the lake Ohrid was under me, the barbeque was near me, the wine from Pavel (our host) was there too, so it was a sort of "terracial" heaven.

Starting with this, Ohrid can begin.

About Pavel, the host: he finds solutions for all our issues. He never said "no".

Francisc Mraz, Romania

Room Tip: Room 4 is the biggest; the bigeste terrace at room1.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Francisc M
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hosts are very helpful and friendly. They live there too so it's like one house where they rent out a few of the rooms. One can hear everything in the other rooms, so not a good place for kids who inevitably make a lot of noise. The views are spectacular. There is much to see and do in Ohrid, but it is not cheap!

Room Tip: All have sea view but are not really suitable for more than 2 persons, the rooms are small so an ext...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family