Book In Advance

from US$287.50
from US$1,262.70
from US$693.75
More Info
All reviews canopy walk afraid of heights tree house rope bridge hanging bridges canopy tour tropical forest early in the morning a lot of fun seven bridges nice experience flip flops nature lovers wear good shoes eye view both sides an adventure
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I think I had an over expectation when I read " a 40m-high canopy walkway, birding trail & tree house"
It is basically a very short trail with narrow canopy (actually scraped my arms on sides many times)
The jungle apparently boosts many variety of butterflies and other animals but I guess everything are nocturnal.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 20 October 2016

We visited with our two kids and another family, and while I had my doubts even the three-year-old managed the canopy walk as long as we watched him carefully on the tree platforms inbetween.

We loved the views, the birds and butterflies and our able forest guide warned us not to expect any larger animals. The very rowdy group of foreign students who preceded us on the walk made doubly sure that anything larger was deep in hiding. So while we waited for them to bluster ahead, we really enjoyed looking around, also into the distance, amazed at how far the forest stretches.
A challenging part was actually at the beginning before the canopy section, when you have to climb up rocky steps several 100 metres to start the walkways. The youngest and most unfit among us found this difficult, but still made it!

Praise:
* our forest guide was very knowledgeable, and intervened when the rowdy group became ridiculous.
* there is a shorter route of only 3 walkways and a longer route of 7, and you make the choice after crossing the first walkway - such a good idea for those who are not confident.

Criticism:
* we drove to the park from Takoradi via Cape Coast and the last stretch of road is very frustrating to navigate. The park is disadvantaged by such a bad quality road, hopefully there will be improvement in the future so that it is more accessible and pleasant to travel there.
Still worth it!

Suggestions: take your time if possible, also on the short "hikes" before and after the walkways. The forest is beautiful and dense and if you don't have a time limit you can enjoy it a lot.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 17 October 2016

While I didn't see a lot of wildlife up on the Canopy Walk, just the experience itself was incredible! It is just an amazing experience to be walking among the trees. This is a "must see" if you are in the Cape Coast area of Ghana. It takes about an hour one-way from the city center. I don't think it is all that far but the quality and congestion of the roads make it seem that way.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Glad we got up early and traveled along the coast road to Kakum from Accra. The drive itself gives you an insight into Ghana . The park wasn't busy and we quickly booked our tour. The guide was knowledgable which added to the experience. The ropewalk is a little hairy but safe and gives you a different perspective of the forest.
There are small craft shops and a cafe which served delicious pineapple juice.. There is no pestering from anyone and very civilised experience.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed 5 October 2016

This a wonderful place for people who are wedded to nature. I highly recommend Kakum national park park to visitors in Cape Coast, located just 30km from southern part of Cape Coast. anyway, i had the change to visit kakum for a birding project i was undertaken as part of my final academic activities from the University.

I never regretted visiting the place, i saw more than 43 species of birds during my visit, i was total flabbergasted and very excited.

Date of experience: July 2016