“Must Do Place in Roatan”
Review of Spa Baan Suerte

Spa Baan Suerte
Ranked #9 of 20 things to do in Sandy Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucked into one of Roatan's most beautiful gardens, Spa Baan Suerte is a peaceful sanctuary, truly a tropical paradise.Replenish your soul in this tranquil Caribbean setting where the naturally restorative power of the islands allows you to bring your life into balance.Swim, snorkel, kayak, wander a sandy beach or do absolutely nothing at all. Just let go and allow us to pamper you with our exquisite treatments and exceptional service
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Must Do Place in Roatan”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I travel quite a lot and have had massages at many places. This Spa is at the top of my list, and was my second visit there. The setting is so unique, relaxing and tranquil. You must see their Facebook page for photos. I had a four handed massage this time. Both of the therapist individually would get a "5", and having both at the same time puts this massage as the number one massage ever! I believe the correct pressure is important for a massage. I asked for a medium firm massage and they were perfect. It was both therapeutic and totally relaxing. I recommend any of their treatments, especially the four handed massage.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank JimFDiver

Belton, Missouri, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Massage and Perfect Location”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Our transportation was waiting for us outside the port area when we arrived. The drive to the spa was beautiful. Our driver told us their crime rate on the island is very low. We were greeted immediately at the spa by the manager who took our payment and it was on to our massages. We purchased the "deluxe" package which included an exfoliation and body wrap. I've never had this done before so can't compare it to anything but I did not enjoy this part of it. It seemed very rushed and we were cocooned in a foil type wrap for about 15 minutes. I couldn't wait to get out of it, lol. However, the massage following the wrap was great. Once we were done with that, we opted to spend some time on the beach. The view was spectacular but not a place to swim. There was "grass" all throughout the water one or two steps in. We did kayak around for a bit and visited the restaurant a short walk away. It was great as well. The only hiccup was the driver taking us back to the ship....she was over 30 minutes late from the time we were told. Not a big deal since we weren't cutting it that close but still made us a little nervous while we waited. Would definitely visit the spa again if we're ever back to the island!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Sheryl R
Roatan, Honduras
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“They keep getting better and better!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed another fabulous afternoon at Spa Baan Suerte, this time I visited with friends. The staff was professional and knowledgeable. The spa manager Gina is very sweet and personable. We enjoyed the Swedish Massage and my massage therapist Rosa was fantastic. She was very professional and her massage technique was just what I needed. I will definitely be back again. Keep up the good work!

1 Thank Sophie F
Vicksburg, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I were visiting Roatan with Carnival Cruise Lines. My wife was nervous about this excursion since I booked it directly with Baan Suerte and not through the cruise line. The driver was prompt and very friendly and informative. We arrived and hour early and he was waiting for us. We had a facial, body wrap deep tissue massage and pedicure. All of the aforementioned were a first for me but my wife is a spa regular and has had many treatments and massages in the past. She rated the experience her best ever. I usually play golf but since it was our 35th anniversary I wanted to treat her to something she would enjoy and do it together. I was thinking the expeience would be something I would tolerate but as long as she enjoyed it and was happy I would be happy. The truth is I was blown away! Blown away by the staff and the whole experience. I would highly recommend.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank George Debbie C
baansuertespa, General Manager at Spa Baan Suerte, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you so much for the great trip advisor review. I am pleased that the Spa Baan Suerte experience blow away your expectations. My staff will be happy to pamper you guys on your next trip to Roatan. Have a great day!

Kindly
Gina Monterroso
Texarkana
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We booked a total spa package for our shore excursion while in Rotan and we did not come away disappointed. Everyone involved with the SPA were awesome, from the Driver all the way to the staff. The grounds were beautiful and lovely landscaped. My wife and I just about had the place to ourselves. It is truely a hidden gem. Massage was wonderful. Facilities were great.

Only 2 things kept me from rating it Excellent....
1) The beach isn't much to see, it would be nice if the spa would have someone rake, or clean their beach area on a consistant basis. With the beach being pretty unkept, the water wasn't to nice, wouldn't recommend swimming there.
a) I did understand from our driver though that the beach used to be the main road through that area, so that no doubt has some to do with the state of the beach.
b) Even though right off shore the water didn't look to well, about 100 yards or a bit more the water appeared to be crystal blue. In talking with some divers from the dive shop next door, the reef runs about 100-200yds off shore so a perfect spot to do some diving or snorkling.

2) The pool was beautiful and nice we enjoyed it greatly. However as we were drying off and waiting for our ride back to the pier, several dogs were using the pool to drink and one even got in for a swim. We found that to be a little nasty. Would recommend a small gate to keep the animals away from the pool.

Gina was great!

Advise, if you're on Carnival and docked at Mohogny Bay, when you leave the shopping area and walk through the covered area and get to where the taxis are, walk up the hill through the gate at the top of the hill. Keep going as there is another gate you cannot see if you stop by that first gate. You have to got outside that 2nd security gate to meet the driver.

Visited September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our spa. I´m pleased to hear you enjoy your Spa Baan Suerte experience. We did took you advice in consideration, now we have the dogs on the dog house while we have clients.
It was a pleasure having you guys spend part of your time with us!