“Wonderful Relaxing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spa Baan Suerte

Spa Baan Suerte
Ranked #9 of 19 things to do in Sandy Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucked into one of Roatan's most beautiful gardens, Spa Baan Suerte is a peaceful sanctuary, truly a tropical paradise.Replenish your soul in this tranquil Caribbean setting where the naturally restorative power of the islands allows you to bring your life into balance.Swim, snorkel, kayak, wander a sandy beach or do absolutely nothing at all. Just let go and allow us to pamper you with our exquisite treatments and exceptional service
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Relaxing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Spent a wonderful few hours here last week. Purchased the Land Ahoy package and upgraded to a stone massage. Carlos picked us up from the port and returned us (with a mini tour of the island) on time. When we arrived we were welcomed with a glass of cold cucumber water and introduced to our masseuse for the day, they don't speak alot of English but communication was not an issue, they were both very kind and sweet ladies. After our treatment we went to the recommended Blue Bahia Beach Grill, yummy food and friendly staff and it's right on the beach, just a few "doors" down. Anyone thinking about this package or anything offered from Spa Baan Suerte should just do it. Everything from beginning to end was just perfect. I wish i would have booked the one where you get a massage on the dock, but I guess I'll have to come back again.

Thanks Spa Baan Suerte!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Robin W

Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Unique and relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Spa Baan Suerte in Roatán Honduras. I easily booked a couples appointment on their website about one month before we arrived. From their listing of “Signature Body Treatments”, we chose the 120-minute “Caribbean Breeze”. The price was $160 each, including tax. When I inquired on line about a tip for the massage therapists, they said $20 each was appropriate. This costs about the same as a similar session in Baltimore. There apparently wasn't an issue with 2 men getting a couples massage.

The Spa is a 5-minute cab ride ($6) from West End’s main drag. We were greeted with a drink of ice water with sliced cucumber… very refreshing on a hot day. The treatment room was the same as those found in the US—dimly lit with new age music playing softly in the background. A ceiling fan kept the humid air moving. The massage tables were draped in crinkly Mylar-type silver foil (more on that later).

It session started by brushing our skin with a stiff bush. Next, we were exfoliated with a firm scrubbing of sea salt. I could have done without having my armpits scrubbed as this burned a bit. We then showered to remove the salt. There was plenty of hot water, good water pressure and mild soap. While showering, we heard blenders whirring in a side room. We climbed back onto the foil covered tables, and the blended mixture of strong mint, algae, shea butter and milk protein was slathered all over us with a paintbrush. The therapists wrapped up in the foil and told to enjoy the sensation for 20 minutes. After about 5 minutes, I was freaking out because the mask was so intense, but then began enjoing it with some deep breathing. We both got a good laugh about how we felt. Bill envisioned himself a baked potato wrapped up in the oven. I imagined I was a piece of wrapped Wriggle’s spearmint gum dropped a hot sidewalk. After the allotted time, we showered again. Back to the tables, this time without the foil, for a 60-minute Swedish-style massage. We left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. We highly recommend a trip to Spa Baan Suerte for a unique experience.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank MrManMD
Clearwater, Florida
“Almost Stranded in Honduras”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The spa treatments were fine; however, the massage was closer to 60 minutes than the 90 minutes advertised in the Land A'Hoy Excursion package. The shower knob was broken and scalded us. We were the only guests at the spa at the time, so why did they put us in a room with a broken shower?

We went next door to the Blue Bahia Beach Grill which was wonderful. The lobster tail, smoked brisket, wings, and mojitos are outstanding. The spa promised that their driver would pick us up at the beach grill, but didn't show up. We called the spa's office and cell phone and nobody answered. We walked back to the spa and everyone was gone. If it wasn't for the kindness of the owner of the beach grill and one of their regular patrons, we would have not made it back to our ship on time. Thank you Blue Bahia Beach Grill and SHAME ON YOU SPA BAAN SUERTE!

Visited March 2014
london
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My skin feels so young and fresh! Definitely coming back. Love the facial. Well done.
Really appreciate that we can use there beach and kiacts
Right next to the dolphins is a wonderful experience. Location location location!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Tanya C
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Must Do Place in Roatan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I travel quite a lot and have had massages at many places. This Spa is at the top of my list, and was my second visit there. The setting is so unique, relaxing and tranquil. You must see their Facebook page for photos. I had a four handed massage this time. Both of the therapist individually would get a "5", and having both at the same time puts this massage as the number one massage ever! I believe the correct pressure is important for a massage. I asked for a medium firm massage and they were perfect. It was both therapeutic and totally relaxing. I recommend any of their treatments, especially the four handed massage.

Visited November 2013