“Love this place!”
Review of Spa Baan Suerte

Spa Baan Suerte
Ranked #10 of 20 things to do in Sandy Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucked into one of Roatan's most beautiful gardens, Spa Baan Suerte is a peaceful sanctuary, truly a tropical paradise.Replenish your soul in this tranquil Caribbean setting where the naturally restorative power of the islands allows you to bring your life into balance.Swim, snorkel, kayak, wander a sandy beach or do absolutely nothing at all. Just let go and allow us to pamper you with our exquisite treatments and exceptional service
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Perfect spot for me while in Roatan. Had a 60 min massage and loved every second of it. Perfect setting, nice people, and reasonably priced. Well done.

2  Thank LChammer
There are newer reviews for Spa Baan Suerte

Reviewed 24 May 2014

During our vacation to Roatan in May 2014, we walked to Spa Baan Suerte for a visit. When we arrived, we met Tim, who explained to us that the spa was in between switching management at that time. We were welcomed instantly and were accommodated on the spot, which was very nice. Although we were unable to do a couples massage at that time, my husband and I opted for a massage back to back.

The grounds were a little bit over run and unkept - STILL A GORGEOUS setting, but could use a little clean up. The pool and hot tub were full of leaves and were unusable. I am sure this will be rectified once the new management gets settled in.

I got a Swedish massage, which was absolutely wonderful. The cabana was a lovely setting and was purely relaxing. My husband got a deep tissue, which he said was immaculate.

Pricing was appropriate for massages.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit at the spa and are looking forward to returning when the new management has taken over.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Spent a wonderful few hours here last week. Purchased the Land Ahoy package and upgraded to a stone massage. Carlos picked us up from the port and returned us (with a mini tour of the island) on time. When we arrived we were welcomed with a glass of cold cucumber water and introduced to our masseuse for the day, they don't speak alot of English but communication was not an issue, they were both very kind and sweet ladies. After our treatment we went to the recommended Blue Bahia Beach Grill, yummy food and friendly staff and it's right on the beach, just a few "doors" down. Anyone thinking about this package or anything offered from Spa Baan Suerte should just do it. Everything from beginning to end was just perfect. I wish i would have booked the one where you get a massage on the dock, but I guess I'll have to come back again.

Thanks Spa Baan Suerte!

1  Thank Robin W
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Spa Baan Suerte in Roatán Honduras. I easily booked a couples appointment on their website about one month before we arrived. From their listing of “Signature Body Treatments”, we chose the 120-minute “Caribbean Breeze”. The price was $160 each, including tax. When I inquired on line about a tip for the massage therapists, they said $20 each was appropriate. This costs about the same as a similar session in Baltimore. There apparently wasn't an issue with 2 men getting a couples massage.

The Spa is a 5-minute cab ride ($6) from West End’s main drag. We were greeted with a drink of ice water with sliced cucumber… very refreshing on a hot day. The treatment room was the same as those found in the US—dimly lit with new age music playing softly in the background. A ceiling fan kept the humid air moving. The massage tables were draped in crinkly Mylar-type silver foil (more on that later).

It session started by brushing our skin with a stiff bush. Next, we were exfoliated with a firm scrubbing of sea salt. I could have done without having my armpits scrubbed as this burned a bit. We then showered to remove the salt. There was plenty of hot water, good water pressure and mild soap. While showering, we heard blenders whirring in a side room. We climbed back onto the foil covered tables, and the blended mixture of strong mint, algae, shea butter and milk protein was slathered all over us with a paintbrush. The therapists wrapped up in the foil and told to enjoy the sensation for 20 minutes. After about 5 minutes, I was freaking out because the mask was so intense, but then began enjoing it with some deep breathing. We both got a good laugh about how we felt. Bill envisioned himself a baked potato wrapped up in the oven. I imagined I was a piece of wrapped Wriggle’s spearmint gum dropped a hot sidewalk. After the allotted time, we showered again. Back to the tables, this time without the foil, for a 60-minute Swedish-style massage. We left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. We highly recommend a trip to Spa Baan Suerte for a unique experience.

2  Thank MrManMD
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The spa treatments were fine; however, the massage was closer to 60 minutes than the 90 minutes advertised in the Land A'Hoy Excursion package. The shower knob was broken and scalded us. We were the only guests at the spa at the time, so why did they put us in a room with a broken shower?

We went next door to the Blue Bahia Beach Grill which was wonderful. The lobster tail, smoked brisket, wings, and mojitos are outstanding. The spa promised that their driver would pick us up at the beach grill, but didn't show up. We called the spa's office and cell phone and nobody answered. We walked back to the spa and everyone was gone. If it wasn't for the kindness of the owner of the beach grill and one of their regular patrons, we would have not made it back to our ship on time. Thank you Blue Bahia Beach Grill and SHAME ON YOU SPA BAAN SUERTE!