My first trip to Roatan and I was really impressed by the island and the resort. We stayed in a bungalow on the island and although it is basic it was just what we were looking for. A private and romantic escape. We spent a lot of time lounging on our hammocks out on our deck when weren't diving. The entire dive operation...staff, equipment, dives and organization of everything was great. Our boat did break down and wind up being towed in one time but because the dive sites are all within about 10 minutes it really wasnt a big deal. We did do rhe shark dive and it was the highlight of the trip for me. Very well run and great video to purchase after.
The grounds were extremely well kept and it felt as though we often had the island all to ourselves.
Areas for improvement would be.... providing fruit or snacks after dives on the boat. Also the waiters were really not too friendly. They were fine but didnt have the same friendly enthusiasm we encountered from the rest of the staff. I felt the food was pretty good but I do feel breakfast should have started earlier and there should have overall been more food available that was included. We were there to dive and only had 4 nights so we were not looking for night life but if we had been there longer and wanted to do more than dive I think we definitely would have had to of ventured outside of the resort. Finally....the nosee ems are bad. Bug spray did help but I have to tell you I have been home for a week now and its like the little boogers came home with me. This isnt the resorts fault I dont know what they could do about it really. Its a Roatan thing I think.
I would definitely come back here and would actually like to bring my kids along to try out the dolphin camp!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the island of Roatan, Anthony's Key Resort is a legendary tropical wonderland where lush greenery rustles in breezy sea air. Pristine beaches rim turquoise waters. And wooden bungalows perched above a tranquil lagoon offer guests incredibly scenic views and a sense of perfect disconnection from everyday life back at home. For over 40 years, this family-run paradise has been home to divers in search of unspoiled waters, and lovers of natural adventure in all its forms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Anthony's Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anthony`s Key Hotel Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Hotel Roatan
- Anthonys Key Resort
- Anthony's Key Resort Honduras/Roatan - Sandy Bay