We rented a house down the beach and ate at the Blue Bahia restaurant probably five times during our weeklong stay. The food was terrific, and we loved the indoor/outdoor feel of the restaurant. Nothing like listening to the sea while enjoying fresh seafood and cold beers.
The tropical fish plate was delicious. I ordered this twice - the fish is just so fresh and prepared perfectly. I was also a huge fan of the garlic shrimp. Everything we had was tasty, fresh and well prepared. One night we were there the resort put on a fire show on the beach which was fun to watch. They also have a huge BBQ pit and we shared the mixed platter one night - yum. So smoky and delicious. Not really what you'd expect on a tropical island, but good nonetheless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique resort located directly ON the beach in Sandy Bay, Roatan. Beach Grill Restaurant, Octopus Dive School, and great comfort and service. Swimming pool, ac in all units, some full kitchens, wireless internet, AP shuttle. All sea views! On site owner works to handle all of your vacation needs. Ask about our "monthly" specials! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Bahia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bahia Hotel Sandy Bay
- Blue Bahia Resort Honduras/Roatan - Sandy Bay