Blue Bahia Resort
Puerta Azul(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$150
Roatan Backpackers' Hostel(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$31
  • Pool
Mayoka Lodge(Sandy Bay)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeach grilloctopus dive schoolsuzetteking and queenpulled porkdive shopwest endon site restaurantlobsterhome away from homeeach morningspent a weekbring bug spraygrocery storejeffloftreef
Reviewed 7 June 2008

We arrived in roatan having booked only a couple of nights at the blue bahia, however once we met the owners, Kent and Lissette and saw how stunning the place was we knew we had to stay longer... we ended up staying almost a month. The food is fantastic with healthy portions to say the least. The staff are great too. Theres a dive school within the property. A very professional outfit, with one on one lessons and very good teachers. Memories of Night diving within a wreck at 35metres will stay with me forever. We will definately go back!

Reviewed 4 May 2008

I have just returned from what began as an eleven day stay at the beautiful Blue Bahia Resort on Roatan Island, Honduras. This fantastic boutique resort is so quaint and quiet, with a resturant so delicious and delightful I extended my stay to two weeks. I was fortunate to stay in three different villas and each was beautifully appointed with all the amenities anyone would ask for and more. The penthouse has spectacular sunset views and the villas open directly onto the pool with flowing waterfall. Then there is the food! The resturant serves delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners. The pecan crusted shrimp, Lobster with garlic sauce, and Meatloaf with Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes are only three of the many sumptuous specialties offered by the talented chefs. The service provided by the staff is superior to any I have ever experienced. Along with on site Octopus Dive School there are many activities to take part in on the island and the staff was very helpful and accomodating. I would highly recommend this beautiful resort paradise to couples as well as families and encourage everyone to reserve now before " word gets around"!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank JakeyMemphis
Reviewed 30 April 2008

I've been to the Blue Bahia Resort more than once and each time I am greeted with the very friendly and competent staff of the resort AFTER I've been greeted with open arms by Kent and/or Lisette at the airport. These people are definitely in the right business and you feel just like family by the time you leave - - - - weather or not you're family.
They run a very clean and well tended resort. The rooms are all very nice and comfortable. Kent and Lisette are very informed about the island and can offer good advise for places to visit and guildes you may want to use (if you feel the need for a guide).
The food is to die for and Kent puts his special touch on everything that goes out of the kitchen.
The island is beautiful and the resort has a gorgeous view of the ocean from every spot. It is great to lay by the pool, look over the "water fall" right to the ocean. How relaxing is that?!
I do plan to return just as soon as I get a chance!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2008

My wife and I had our Honeymoon at the Blue Bahia Resort. We had a wonderful room with it's own private rooftop deck. Kent and Lisette were as great as the sunset veiws from our room. Kent set up a private Island tour with a very nice driver. Kent also set up a Canope tour for us which was loads of fun, definately a must do (again). The pool was still underconstruction, but Kent took us out snorkling for the first time. The water was like bath water and the underwater views were great. Our stay with Kent and Lisette were great. We look forward to returning to the Resort.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Right on the beach in Sandy Bay just past Anthony's Key Resort. Good prices, great sea food. We had a party of 7 for lunch, kitchen had no problem handling us. There were 2 other tables occupied at the time. We had sea food, chicken, and one salad. We don't recommend the blue cheese dressing. Dairy on Roatan can be iffy, as I understand it dairy products only come over every other Tuesday. Nice comfortable place to eat, 7 of us for lunch with a couple of beers a apiece and the total bill was 83 USD

2  Thank andyandsally