I chose this resort because it advertised itself as being Eco friendly and as you may have guessed I am all about preserving our beautiful but fragile mother earth. I was very impressed with the ecological ethics that the resort actively promotes, from the solar panels on the roofs of the cabana's, which the owner chris told me generate all the hot water for the resort's showers, to the filtering of all the resorts waste water before it is released back into the natural environment via a specially built onsite septic tank, this eco lodge definitely ticked all the boxes for me!
The bar staff were full of local information and tips on what to do and see on the island, and the kitchen staff never made any fuss about any of my wife's vegetarian requests. If you like to scuba you will find the island of roatan is a diver's gem, the marine life on the local reefs was absolutely amazing! The onsite dive shop had everything we required to dive comfortably, so there was no need for us to carry any sluggish equipment half way around the world, i just emailed our sizes to tranquilseas in advance to check if they had suits that fitted us, and they did :) My wife discovered that there was a yoga floor at the top of the highest cabana that had an uninterrupted view of the sea, we didn't have any mats with us but the staff soon kitted us out with two and to be quite honest i am very glad that they did because the sound of caribbean waves breaking over the 2nd largest coral reef on the planet was unbelievable calming, it was as though someone was playing a meditation CD in the background, absolutely blissful!
PS. they don't call it the MOSQUITO COAST for nothing, it's name is duly deserved, so make sure you pack some effective defence in your suitcase (sprays and suntan lotions were quite expensive on the island so better to take your own). They also suffered electricity blackouts on the island quite regularly, similar to what we have experienced in other underdeveloped places around the world, so it is also advisable to take a good torch with you because being an eco friendly lodge tranquil seas didn't have any eco polluting generators when it fell dark, which actually created a great opportunity for me and my better half to enjoy our dinner by candle light...
We would definitely consider visiting this island and resort again, very very very tranquil indeed : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge, Dive Center, Restaurant & Bar, Roatan - Unique island accommodation & Padi Dive Resort set amongst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens, secluded from the hustle and bustle and yet easily accessible to some of the great adventures to be had on Roatan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge And Dive Hotel Sandy Bay
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge And Dive Center Honduras/Roatan - Sandy Bay