“great staff and location”

Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Sandy Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a wonderful time staying at Tranquilseas. The rooms were very nice and the staff were well trained by Chris and Monica, who were great hosts to us. Samir, the bartender and waiter was always doing his best for us, always with a wonderful smile. He would even help us with special requests with the chef Louis, who makes some very good meals. His coconut flan is fabulous! Although the breakfast service and preparations were a bit on the slow side, lunch and dinner were always served with speed and efficiency, which is somewhat unheard of on the Island. Blue Bahia restaurant, which is a two minute walk along the beach from Tranquilseas has some great food, too if you want other options. Free access to bottled water in the bar and good wireless internet which reached each room was a very helpful.

They have a clean and modern dock that you can swim off of and reach a very nice reef within 10 minutes, if swimming with fins. We also took advantage of their free use of kayaks, which were in very good shape. Although we do not dive, we snorkeled with the divers whenever they went out. The dive staff were amazing. Kerry and Greg were great boat captains and David and Edwin, who were dive masters, took very good care of us. One day, Kerry and Edwin were able to find a whale shark while heading to a dive sight. We were able to jump in the water to see it! By the way, the snorkeling on Roatan was the best we have ever experienced in all of our travels, which include Tahiti, Fiji, Bonaire, Cook Islands and Hawaii. The reefs were very healthy with a good variety of coral and marine life.

After Tranquil Seas, we stayed at two other resorts, but Tranquilseas was our favorite. We can’t wait to get back there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank luv2travcal

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We recently spent 2 weeks in Roatan. Went to Tranquilseas Restaurant twice on a Tuesday night to see the live band. What a great show.. these professional musicians know how to perform. From 7-9 every Tuesday you can hear great live music and enjoy tapas or wings. Grace, the waitress, helped us find a table the first Tuesday we were there.. as the place was packed. I cannot think of a more enjoyable evening than sipping on pina coladas, eating delicious tapas and watching great live music and being home by 10 p.m.! Now that is civilized!

Room Tip: Get there early at the restaurant for a good table in front of the band.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Awsomegal
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband I and I just returned from a week long stay at TranquilSeas. I read reviews on trip advisor whenever I travel but I never give them myself. TranquilSeas is so wonderful though, I feel like it would be wrong not to post a review. If you are looking for a place in Roatan where you can relax, eat tasty food and go on exciting and beautiful dives that are NOT crowded, TranquilSeas is the place! Monica and Chris and their entire staff go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable, fun and relaxing. The tree frog room is small but perfect for two. It is clean and cozy, has plenty of hot water and a comfy bed (and a great view!). TranquilSeas is a peaceful sort of quiet spot but the nightlife is very nearby and easy to access when you want a little more excitement. Lastly, the two dive instructions that we had, Edwin and Henry, were awesome! They took great care of us and took us to some amazing spots.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ACThompsonSLC
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Spent 3 nights here and had a fantastic time. Firstly, the place is located right on the water's edge and from it's numerous decks, there are exceptional views of the water. A large reef is located ~500 meters out from the water's edge and there is tons of healthy coral and aquatic life right there. The staff is really friendly (in a mellow way) and they offer excellent service - from leading diving trips, to serving drinks & meals, to making recommendations for outside dining/recreation, to calling taxis. If for some reason you don't want to eat at the restaurant at this lodge, there is a pizza restaurant 100 meters away, and 2 doors down is a restaurant that serves awesome smoked pulled pork. Night life is limited at this place, but a short $5 cab ride away is West End with all its bars and restaurants. Personally, I came here to scuba dive. Although I got my license over 30 years ago, I had not dived in ~5 years. The dive master at this facility was glad to give me a short written exam (discussing the correct answers with me) and reviewing some diving procedures in their swimming pool - at no charge. Everyone speaks English well and the Wifi is good. Oh yes, there is a full service laundry shop that washes, dries and folds a full load of laundry for $5 located about 400 meters away. About the only thing I can complain about is that I didn't find a good grocery store anywhere nearby.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We didn't stay at the hotel, but we did dive with their very well-run operation. I especially recommend diving with the delightful divemaster Di.

Book ahead, because this place is popular and they do NOT run cattle boats. (There were plenty of cattle boats; our divemasters did their damndest to avoid them). Divers are divided into groups based on experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

There literally is not enough good things to say about Tranquilseas and their staff. Every room is incredible, I had a peek in every room while I was there but stayed in the eagle ray it was amazing. The diving was awesome and such a good time with these guys everybody is a lot of fun and a joy to be around, the dive master Henry took time to pick up what little trash we saw on the reef which shows how much these guys care about this beautiful island. I would recommend this place to anybody you simply cannot go wrong staying here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nathan E
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have both lived and travelled to Roatan since 2001 and Tranquilseas Eco Lodge is doing something unique to the island. It is truly an amazing experience the minute your set foot on the property. Chris and Monica have worked tirelessly to build not only an incredible physical setting but one that is friendly and so well run.

My friends and I did a dive with Tranquilseas during a recent trip to the island. Not only were we all experienced divers but most of us had either lived on the island or had travelled to it numerous times and this was definitely taken into consideration! The best part of the diving here is that from the top down everyone loves the water, the adventure and what they do. Unlike the other dive shops or resorts on Roatan, Tranquilseas believes that every dive should be an adventure. We were taken well away from other boats and the hecticness of the West End dive sites. It was truly incredible!

The boat was comfortable to dive off of, the gear is new and well maintained. Everything is kept to a high standard of service and all of this transfers throughout the entire resort.
We did stay for lunch at their bar/restaurant and the food was impeccable, the views were to die for and it was extremely comfortable to hang out while we let our dive gear dry.

If you are thinking of going to Roatan, stay here. It's beautiful, it close to the West End, it has everything you could possibly want!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Barefoot Cay Resort
Barefoot Cay Resort
#1 of 5 in French Harbour
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Been to Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center? Share your experiences!