As you can see from my previous review, I loved this place. Therefore, I took my wife back without children this time. We stayed at the Tortuga cabana. While I did miss the view of the Octopus, this room was fine. Did not have a great view but it was a great value. To boot, we got a 15% discount coming back. I believe that the website initially quoted a 20% discount but, no matter. I would have come back anyway. Room was very nice and quaint, much better than a hotel by far.
The thing that impressed me most was that everyone had a memory of us being there last. Even our dive instructor, Henry, asked about the kids. That is awesome!. Try and get that at a Hilton.
The food was much better than last time. Good job Johnny! (He's a great guy to talk to as well)
Diving here was the biggest difference. I did get advanced certified before I went and it opened up a great many opportunities. I do recommend this if you have the time. They do offer a course there which is plenty adequate but more expensive I would think. Nonetheless, I was in total awe of the creatures, structures, and trust that we had. My wife was not advanced certified so she had to stay at 60 foot but she was OK with that and saw almost everything that I did. She just could not go completely down to the wreck which was OK by both of us. Henry was great about ensuring safety in that regard. Kudos to you, Henry. you have taken great care of my family and now my wife. He also took care of me in a precarious situation with low air and was very, very professional about it. I hope I gave you enough tip! LOL.
Monica is always the great host. She may be one of the sweetest people I have ever met. No lie. Fernando was also a great guy, made me feel at home. His wife is very nice as well. I did not do Yoga but she seems very professional. I cannot comment on that part but, there is a great setting for that and I wished I would have tried it now. Had a big family hug at the end which only furthered my love for this place.
Samir. Well, what can I say. He is a great bartender and I consider him a friend now. Told him that I will be back at least once yearly and that he has to grow old with me. I think he took me up on that challenge. Enjoy his company greatly!
Chris has always been good and entertaining as well. Cannot brag on him enough.
There are many other staff members whom I cannot remember names of at this point, but I think the world of them all as they were all very nice and special in my heart.
As you can see, our second time coming was more like a family reunion. They remembered us and made us feel very special. Because of this we will always be "lifers" to this magical place. I cannot recommend this place enough. In fact, I have asked that many of my acquaintances to stop by on their cruise, just to see it. I know many of them will. I told them to say hello from the proctor family when they come by.
In short, do not stay any other place if you look are looking for a home feel, a wonderful staff, and a great time. Chris... don't you dare charge more for this gem!
See you next summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge, Dive Center, Restaurant & Bar, Roatan - Unique island accommodation & Padi Dive Resort set amongst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens, secluded from the hustle and bustle and yet easily accessible to some of the great adventures to be had on Roatan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge And Dive Hotel Sandy Bay
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge And Dive Center Honduras/Roatan - Sandy Bay