“Bella Luna ground floor unit”
other travellers have booked this property
Beach in directly front of Bella Luna
Just a few steps to the beach. Front View of the building
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Beach in directly front of Bella Luna
Just a few steps to the beach.
Front View of the building
Ground floor porch
Half moon bay beach
Open space living area
Sleeper sofa
New kitchen appliances
Another view of the kitchen
Comfortable living room
Full bathroom
Bedroom
Queen size bed.
View of the building from the beach
Roof top with pool, sitting area, BBQ grill.
Another view of the roof top
Half moon bay view.
More private roof top area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TiffanyK7...
Reading, Pennsylvania
“ Bella Luna ground floor unit”
Reviewed 22 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

The couple other reviews seem a bit generic to me so I want to cover the "nuts and bolts" of the accommodation. These are the types of things I look for in reviews. We stayed in the ground unit. I was a bit skeptical about renting Bella Luna based on the fact that it was so new with so few reviews but I took a chance. Being so new I figured it couldn't be too bad. It really is a very nice rental. It's clean and safe. It has an alarm but we never felt the need to set it. There's a safe that fit all of our valuables so that was enough for us. It is smaller than I anticipated so the cost is definitely for the higher end construction (granite countertops and stainless appliances) and location. Speaking of that, you cannot access it without walking through sand. You enter and exit through the gate on the bay, there is no alternative. Because of that the unit can get extremely sandy. They have water tubs to rinse your feet at the doors but don't provide mats on the inside so we had to use our bathroom mat towel and kitchen hand towels for that, which was not ideal. I figured I would just sweep daily but they didn't provide a proper broom it's only a hand broom and dustpan. There is no housekeeping unless you request it and that's an extra charge. I can live without that for a week but we only got one extra bath towel each and that was it. For the two of us we only had two hand towels and two washcloths for a week. It would have been nice to have fresh towels and sheets midweek, especially for the cost of the unit. We made due. They mentioned laundry facilities but we didn't use them and didn't know exactly where they were anyway. The WiFi and the air conditioning worked great. The pull out couch is quite nice (not like you would see in the States) and could fit two adults comfortably. I would not call the kitchen well appointed. It's very nice but only supplies the basics. The dishwasher is a nice touch but the silverware is minimal so you basically need to wash dishes every time you eat. I was surprised to see that nothing was left from past renters (spices, oil, etc) so if you use those things to cook I would suggest buying them as all that's there is salt and pepper. We've been renting accommodations like this for many years and we've never run into that. Based on the timeline of reviews it's been open for a bit so I would have expected enough folks to have stayed there that those things would be plentiful. It rained the entire week we were there so we purchased an umbrella and left it there so all guests after us will have it to use. The shower doesn't have any shelves so I would not suggest using bar soap or anything that's not contained as you have to lay it on the shower floor. It also has very few places to hang things to dry such as wet towels or bathing suits. Unfortunately it rained and was cool the entire week for us so we couldn't hang things on the patio chairs like we would normally. To that end we weren't really able to take advantage of the rooftop patio either which is super unfortunate as I was looking forward to that most. It's a beautiful area. I would suggest that for sunbathing as it's a little difficult to do out front with the palms as shade. If privacy is a concern I would go with the second level unit or the studio apartment. While they don't have direct beach access like the ground unit you do have privacy. The ground unit does not provide much privacy unless the shades are closed. If the other units are rented those folks have to walk by your place to get to theirs and the beach out front sees a lot of traffic. The rooftop patio is a shared space with the other renters but does offer privacy from the general public. Pedro, the groundskeeper, does a great job. He greets you with a wheelbarrow to bring your luggage to and from the unit, he refreshes the foot baths, and takes trash daily. The rental agency is responsive and helpful. We had 2 minor issues that they quickly addressed. They also provide you with a local cell phone and a few prepaid minutes. You can purchase more if you need more.

Unfortunately for us the weather was horrible so we couldn't experience much of West End but it's a quaint place with some great food. I hope this review has shed some light on the specifics of the rental. It's probably the highest end unit in the area.

Management Response
23 Jan 2018
Thank you Tiffany for taking the time to write a review, it's all good feedback and good info for future guests.
We will pitch your suggestions to the owner, Bella Luna is a new home and the owner keen to provide what is necessary to make it the most desirable in West End. We could have provided these items during your stay had you let us know. It was really unfortunate you experienced bad weather, I do hope you consider returning for a sunnier vacation
Robert C
Jackson, Wyoming
“Perfect house and location”
Reviewed 26 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

My wife and I found this house to be perfect for our trip to Roatan. We loved the location on Half Moon Bay in West End. The property feels very safe and is clean and modern. We booked through Roatan Vacation Rentals and their staff was amazing and attentive. The rooftop deck and plunge pool is great and we enjoyed our ground floor deck as well. It was so easy taking our kayak out into the bay in front of the house.

Management Response
27 Nov 2017
Thank you for your nice review and kind words. We appreciate it and look forward to your return.
Michele B
Roatan, Honduras
“Bella Luna is the perfect beachside retreat.”
Reviewed 15 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Bella Luna is the perfect beachside retreat. You get the best of both worlds, a secluded luxury beach house yet minutes away from a great choice of restaurants, bars and shopping. You can literally step off your porch onto the beach and into the water. If you enjoy snorkeling, the best spots in west end are right in front of bella luna and around the point. The interior is beautifully decorated with comfortable beds and well appointed kitchens. The rooftop is a lovely retreat at the end of the day with a barbecue and swimming pool, not to mention a beautiful view. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back. I highly recommend Beautiful Bella Luna.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing